1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jaguar, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Tales Of The Gold Monkey? I had to ask my older brother and that's what he guessed.

2. nior Gems: 24/31

Tales of the Gold Monkey (Tales of the Golden Monkey - in some regions)

Sorry aldazar, HB beats you to it.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Must have posted it while I was on the phone to my brother. :flaming:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wahey - that was hard work. Next one:

This British comedy would never be allowed to be shown in this modern PC world. One of its catchphrases was "A thousand apologies!"

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    A brit com that is unacceptable now? There are one or two it could be. I'll try Love thy neighbour

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I close my eyes the only voice I hear say "A thousand apologies" is Rowan Atkinson from The Black Adder -- then he turns and grumbles some rather offensive comments....

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, it would unacceptable because people would view it as racist. The 'thousand apologies' guy would put his hands together in prayer and nod his head from side to side (a bit like Apu). Another character kept raving about Chairman Mao and arguing with the Japanese guy. The French girl was sexy and the Greek guy was sleazy. Another character wore a fez.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

okay, i think we need another one HB or an IJ should jump in

9. Harbourboy

OK, the show was set in a school for foreigners to learn English. The class was full of stereotypes:
    - the nationalist Chinese woman who always argued with
    - the old Japanese guy
    - the sleazy Greek guy and the sleazy Italian guy kept fighting over
    - the sexy French woman and the blonde Swedish woman
    - the Indian guy kept saying 'a thousand apologies'.

I saw an ad for this show the other day as it is now available on DVD.

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Never even heard of this one. Never even appears on those 'top 100 shows' programs we get over here. You sure you didnt invent it HB? :p

11. Harbourboy

I thought Takara would at least have got it. It was one of your British comedies set in an English language night school. But that was back in the days when people didn't mind about racial stereoptypes so much. And I've just managed to use every word from the show's title in this paragraph.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I have no idea, any further clues? This does seem to be taking a while, almost as long as my quote in The Quote Game :p

13. Harbourboy

Bah! I can't believe nobody got that cheesey classic 'Mind Your Language'. I therefore hand this over to the next person.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Okey dokey.

Hoss and Little Joe.

(I'll accept one of two answers here.)

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bonanza

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep. Go.

(Ponderosa was the other one.)

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A Q-36 explosive space modulator

(Bonus points if you know who it belonged to)

18. Splunge

Media:
    Isn't that the blaster owed by that little Martian in the Bugs Bunny Show?

19. dmc

Media:
    Close enough. His name was Marvin. Now you're up (can you answer the song lyric too? - we can make this a ping pong match).

20. Splunge

Media:
    It makes me angry *huff huff* very angry indeed! :D

Next:

Love and marriage, love and marriage
    Goes together like a horse and carriage.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.