1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Rally has the board.

/me gives T2 a cookie for second place ;)

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Shrek 2 was not the first time Hollywood and its environs became the home for fairy-tale characters.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

As I haven't seen Shrek 2, could I have a different clue, please? :bigeyes: I can't even figure out what you mean by

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    NP :) I was just waiting for someone to ask for a clue so I didn't double-post

This was a one-season wonder that actually won an Emmy! (I wonder when it will be revived, given Hollywood's lack of originality from anyone other than Joss Whedon?) The main characters found themselves living, rather unexpectedly, in Burbank.

6. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:bang: I can't remember the name :mad:

It sounds like the show where a cast of characters from a 50's show (ala Leave It To Beaver) are stuck in modern day Hollywood while they wait for their show to be renewed. They have a 'Turnerizer' remote that turns everything to black-and-white that they are more comfortable with.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    um, no... I've never heard of that one! Sounds like Pleasantville in reverse, almost.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    OK, I declare y'all stumped. It was The Charmings. Look it up.

Try this: Another very long-running show, this one's cast epitomized the joys of "multitasking".

9. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Another clue?

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    finally, someone asks! ;)

By "multitasking", I mean that some performers give life to several of the regular cast members - names that would give away the show's identity immediately.

The show survived the early departure of one of the most beloved of those characters. Bonus points if you can name the character and its spin-off show.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, it could be Carol Burnett. Many of that cast left and did shows, although I'm not sure that they would be called spin-offs.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    oooh, yes it could, but it isn't. The show I'm thinking of has a decidedly non-human element to it. Excellent guess, that.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Now that I've got a clue with which to work, ;) I'll guess Sesame Street - the departing character being Kermit the Frog when he left to host The Muppet Show.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    you got it! :roll:

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

This might be considered softball or a squishy tomato, depending on how you look at it.

In this show, eventually, it will all fall apart.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Why, that's VH1's Behind the Music trademark line! I can just hear Jim Forbes' voice saying "...and then it all fell apart." :D

:eek: Gawd, this show was nominated for an EMMY, people - non-americans can be excused, but all you yanks SHAME ON YOU - it was all anyone could talk about around the millenium turnover. How short are your memories - I haven't seen a BtM episode for at least four years! :heh:

EDIT: but then, I would admit that most BoM'ers don't watch a lot of tv...okay everyone's excused - disregard my rant :spin:

[ October 13, 2005, 15:51: Message edited by: apathetic empath ]

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

AE is right. It is Behind the Music, refering to its famous tagline. :grin:

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

ROIT!

This children's show replaced an over-the-hill rocker with one of the foulest-mouthed, most seditious comedians around as its host...

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shining Time Station!

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ringo Starr as Mister Conductor was the greatest! I was so upset when he got replaced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.