1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31

A new one, eh? How about a show starring a young boy, his 'traveling guide' and an object called an Omni.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Pokemon?

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

This one's live action, not a cartoon. :lol: Just had this image of Felinoid chasing around a real-life Pikachu. <zzzt>

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while, perhaps another hint or different show.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The boy was Meeno Peluce (actor) and the guide was the late actor Jon-Erik Hexum. They traveled in time to correct mistakes and teach Meeno history lessons. Then it all fell apart. Just give me the name.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe looks like you've stumped everyone yet again :p

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Dammit! I'm 34; I ain't *that* old! Somebody around this place has to have watched television in the early 80s. I can't have been the only one or The Colbys never would've gone for three years! :geezer:

Shag this; I'll just throw out an easy one (crosses fingers) :rolleyes: .

It's a British show about a old man and his granddaughter...and eventually his 'dog'.

9. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Taking a wild guess on this one. If you are trying to be cryptic in the hint. BTW I am older than you, but I still can't figure out the first two shows.

Dr Who?

The very first series had an old Dr and (I think) his granddaughter. Eventually he got K-9.

PS: What are the answers to the first two.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@chas - Yes, it's the Doctor. The first one was The Rousters and the second was Voyagers!. Next time I'll pick something more global friendly.

11. Chas Gems: 14/31

I looked these both up on imdb. I think I remember the Voyagers, but the Rousters is a blank. According to the imdb, the Rousters had a tagline in its ads when it was introduced "the show to sink the Love Boat". LOL, now no one can remember it. But I bet everyone knows what the Love Boat was.

This show was our "Last Best Hope for Peace - it failed"

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Babylon 5

13. Chas Gems: 14/31

Yes.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Barbara, Helena and Dinah hang out inside a clock.

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Looks like another hint required

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

This show was comic book inspired although there were some pretty major differences in terms of the characters and continuity.

Oh, and unlike the vast majority of comic book adaptations this one was not a cartoon.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I honestly didn't figure that this one would be difficult.

This Batman related show was on the air a couple years ago and lasted for only one season.

18. Chas Gems: 14/31

Batman related?

I will guess "Birds Of Prey"

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes it is Birds of Prey.

Go ahead Chas.

20. Chas Gems: 14/31

I looked Birds of Prey up on imdb after I posted my answer. It was Batman related because she is his daughter. I forgot all about that. And I do not remember anything about a clock, but I only watched it once or twice. :rolleyes:

OK, time for some "math". I hope this will make people guess for a while. For extra credit, supply the names :D

JS + KJ + FF = 1
    JS + KJ + CL = 2 + 3
    JS + SH + CL = 4
    JS + TR + CL = 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.