1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Dragon Slaying Help

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Retro, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Am I the only one that finds it pretentious that someone would complain about using traps to kill a dragon but it is somehow OK to continue re-loading a game 12 times until the feeblemind spell takes hold? Seems about the same to me. (No flame intended)

Also, it is perfectly OK IMHO to set a three to six traps on the Shady Lady…she can’t see you after all. I will agree that it is lame that some people will kick Yoshi out or click the DC button and then cancel to refresh the traps, but then again, they paid their money for the game, so why would I get emotionally tied to it?

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ok, easy way, don't get close enough to see him, its obvious where he is, loud up on cloudkill stinking cloud and fireball. Cast these out of site if him so he won't even come attack you, now this probably won't kill him, but while you do this cast a bunch of spells that will enhance your party, raise up a couple creatures, and wait till everything dispells to attack phisically. now leave your spell casters behind to take down his defenses, use spells that lower resistances, and then hit him with something powerful. this works on all dragons.

3. Retro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you reread my message. No where in it did I complain about people using traps. I did not even imply dismay at such a tactic. I clearly stated in plain English, that killing the dragon via other methods was more fun for me. It is a game afterall. I reloaded 12 times due to the bug which left me without the treasure you're supposed to get. I came here to listen to what other players had done to overcome this monster, and tried the solution I thought would enjoy best. If thats pretentious in your book, so be it. Websters dictionary defines the word pretentious and its use, quite differently.

4. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Retro - my apologies if you were offended. It seemed (and actually still does seem) that you tried 12 times unsuccessfully to feeblemind the dragon. In fact, you have every right to do what you want in your game without my negative comments.

My comments about people complaining about traps was in reference to the many posters who complain about traps but don't mind re-loading an infinite number of times until a spell/attack/pickpocket works. Persoanlly, I don't care if you or anyone else does either or both, I just find the "holier-than-thou" attitude about this game that MANY posters exhibit a bit boring.

[This message has been edited by Auger (edited July 12, 2001).]

5. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I could never find the fights in BG2 entertaining, so finger of death would be a viable tactic for me, makes another tedious battle go over quicker, once you've fought one enemy, you've fought them all...

6. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Well.. I killed Firkraag with my solo berserker at level 15.

Used an oil of speed, had Lilarcor and full plate mail, and some other goodies all attainable in Chapter 2.. and with a bit of running about, lots of quaffing healing potions.. I managed to take him out.

Was pretty fun really :)

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The fight w/the Shadow Dragon was really easy for me; a good strategy to use is, first of all, to cast Breach and that other spell (that removes all spell protections of Lv5 and lower, can't remember the name). I had 3 melee fighters and surrounded the dragon w/them, they were attacking her (it doesn't matter if they can't hit her, the purpose is for her not to be able to move and attack my other characters), my mage was casting spells and I had my archer and my cleric shooting stones and arrows at it, respectively. Eventually it fell, at the hand of (oh, how ignominious), Yoshimo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.