1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Ads on Thread Pages

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've had 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances to be honest! I think the admin on here pretty much as lenient and fair as they come. They do a great job, in my opinion.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's true. Back in his Morsmordre days, Barmy came close to being banned several times. But he seems to have survived his rehabilitation and is now a fully functional, if not a little misguided, member of society. All hail the SP justice system!

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    :lol:

I'm gonna take you to the cleaners one day, Gaz :lol: .

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've stepped up in the world. "Minion. Kuemper T. Minion. Yes, I like the sound of that." :evil: :hahaerr:

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, thanks for the clarification on how the ads compensate (multi-measure; kinda like a taxi meter running up for both time and distance) Will keep my clicking to a reasonable amount, and I've actually got another reason to go through every thread in at least one forum :)

And I have to say that this is one of the best sites I've seen - definitely the largest site in the 'stable' category (I'd perused a few mega gaming sites some time back, but after a while they seemed to take on a fully commercial route and the membership disintegrated; most cannot be found nowadays) This place is a wealth of material and information, and hosts the widest variety of fora I've encountered.

Add to this, it's well-organized. Well-thought-out guidelines and rules exist and are applied with fairness and humanity. Given the magnitude of this place, that's an acomplishment in itself!

So I have to say THANK YOU Tal, thank you admins, thank you mods, thank you contributors, thank you regulars, and yes, THANK YOU DONORS. This place helps me break out of my apathetic ennui once in a while :heh:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go figure out what the 'catch' to these "free smileys" sites are... :D

6. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

*giggle* Well, Tal, everyone, look on the bright side... The entire rambling has not only generated a positively hilarious thread, it must've generated quite a few views too :p
    :borg:

[ September 06, 2005, 00:30: Message edited by: Hugo ]

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Ok, who else wants to know how much the kitty coughed up? :D

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Klorox - I'd also like to know, but that's between Tal and Fel.

Lately I've been getting the same ads at the bottom of the page. Two Free Greeting Cards or two Got Smileys? I feel as though I'm stuck in a wacky game of Old Maid.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll leave it up to Felinoid if he wants to reveal the exact amount. Generally I just write approximately how much of the SP costs larger donations cover. And this info was provided in the Member of the Week thread when it was Felinoid's turn.

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Man. I thought chronic lack of gratitude was primariliy an American epidemic! :D

I've been coming here for over 4 years. I made a small donation a while ago. I have never been asked for money, or made to feel like a lesser entity for my lack of largesse.

All of you whiners, get a grip. You've got a good thing going here. Why find fault? If you don't want to visit the site, then don't.

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Ooh! Some of the new ads scroll when you move the mouse wheel... cool. :cool: Worth a click if SP gets more money.

The other one's for Crazy Frog, though... even for SP, some principles must remain. After all, we wouldn't want to encourage the freakish amphibian, would we now?

Slightly off topic: I wonder what happened to that guy who always made a shedload of donations, but had about 2 posts? :hmm: I can't remember his name, but I think he had a Githyanki as his avatar. Even under two skies, I have to respect that...

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] Err...uh...hmm. Well, if you're really desparate to know the exact amount, you can PM me and I'll consider it on a person-by-person basis, but otherwise I'd suggest the MotW thread. Tal updates the first post each time someone gets it.

:o To be honest, I was a little surprised to find out that mine was comparatively big. I thought I'd be somewhere in the middle; after all, leasing a dedicated server ain't cheap. I figured Tal was just surprised because I hadn't been registered that long.

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG]
    I think his name is Seayer. Remarkable person. To support the communitiy, but not to participate. Which is kind of regrettable. I liked his titel: In giving to others, you benefit yourself.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yup, Seayer. That's the dude. I did a quick flick through the MotW thread, and it appears he's on the grand total of 66 posts - and 7 MotW awards. What a legend!

15. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I was just teasin'. :)

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I have an issue --- I can't find the option to unblock the ads. Using IE and Windows XP ... well, where's the option? :p I have popups as allowed already, but I can't see these banner ad thingies you people keep waffling about...

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    IE has no ad blocking option by default, so you must be using some alternative means of blocking them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.