1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New D&D movie

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The first one was a nightmare. I saw it for as long as I could before deciding I'd had enough. Dragon's blood creating fire on water. Really! :rolleyes:

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Sir Belisarius - It was just Dungeons and Dragons.

I am not sure if it was ever actually made into a cartoon but there was an AD&D line of toys with a completely different roster of heroes and villains (does anyone else remember Strongheart and Warduke?) that came out shortly after that.

Edit: I checked and it seems that the AD&D characters didn't get their own show but they made an appearance in an episode of the D&D show.

3. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If any of you find the trailer, could you link to it please :)

But I wish they would rather take the chance and go for the big Dragonlance Blockbuster hit :D

4. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Takeshi Miike directing a D&D movie? Your kidding right? If that happens, Yoshimo would probably be a Yakuza thief in it. And we'd probably get a very graphic scene where they literally took out his heart. It supposed to be a fantasy movie not some gore-flick.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I was joking Nior, but I am sure he would be more than proficient to do a fantasy movie(he's no one trick pony, having done a musical - The Happiness of the Katakuris), than the same tired Hollywood directors that are purely in it for the $'s.

6. nior Gems: 24/31

NP Cuchulainn.

Saw the D&D trailer last night, it has "Avoid this movie" written all over it.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Anyone famous in it, or is it just an incredibly cheesy kids movie?

8. nior Gems: 24/31

I can only remember Payne, the bad bald guy in the previous one.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

only movie of his that i actually liked was passenger57 :p

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Payne was dreadful in Highlander Endgame (IMO the worst movie ever, a real masterpiece in that category!)

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Naw, the worst movie ever was Highlander 2: The Quickening. Payne usually plays a great baddy. Any more news on what's going on with this one?

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

endgame would've been good if they'd actually allowed duncan mccloud ot use the "special" move that his brother taught him. but they made payne block it and he had to resort to some cheap slash. chee.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Endgame would've been *better* if Duncan hadn't killed Connor, which kills the separation of both storylines. And since this is about the new DnD movie, let's drop the Highlander references,'kay?

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Can anyone post a link to this apparant monstrosity of a movie trailer? Not planning to see it, I just want to see what I'll be missing.

15. Newfie Banned

"Can anyone post a link to this apparant monstrosity of a movie trailer?"

LOL

16. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why?

No I do have more to say about this.

Why?

Hold it. There is more: Why isn't Vin Diesel showing his love of D&D and horrible movies at the same time by being in this, it's not like his career is in any danger of being more laughable after that Disney movie he was in.

17. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Boah, I feel so relieved!! Actually some of the guys that saw
    Highlander: Endgame
    with me liked it! Personally, I think it was the greatest piece of s**** I ever had to watch in a cinema. Interesting that I remember the name, though. Bad Advertisement=good advertisement??

Seen Highlander in a sneak preview night, for me excuse.

D&D: Had to watch it SOMETIME simply cause of the genre... crappy though. Will watch the new one for same reasons.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    The first film was absolutely shocking. I think I'll give this one a wide berth.

19. Newfie Banned

I just finished watching it. The acting is bad, the dialogue is cheesy, Damodar is played way over the top by Payne, the special effects were terrible and it plays like a low budget, made for tv movie, but....

The male and female lead were strong, there are references to old modules and D&D Gods, there are darkmantles, dracoliches, liches, demons, dragons, and puzzles. It is way toned down compared to the first one so that they kinda carry it off. It kept me entertained for an hour and a half.

I was pleasantly surprised but then I wasn't expecting much compared to the first film. You'll have to tune in to the Sci Fi channel to see for yourselves. I get the feeling if they had a bigger budget, better script and some top notch actors along with the right visual effects guys, this might have been a winner. I know that's a lot of what if' s, but there is something there.

[ October 01, 2005, 19:52: Message edited by: Newfie ]

20. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    IMO, another problem would be that that was too much story squished into an hour and a half movie.
    It was *much* better than the first movie though, and you can really appreciate the story. There's a Fighter, a Barbarian, a Sorceress, a Cleric of Obad-Hai and a Rogue. There's also divine and arcane magic.

[ October 02, 2005, 06:36: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.