1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Party - Suggestions or requests.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by hootpad, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You could always change your Pally with Keeper, maybe subtract a level and add a level of Fighter or whatever and try it that way.

2. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

That's surprising to me because I think I've done that before: make everyone invisible except the diplomat, who puts on a robe and wanders around alone. In my case it would have been not because other couldn't wear the robe but just to save the hassle of swapping out equipment.

-Max

3. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Judging by the stats posted above and the knowledge the Rogue is spending points on Use Magic Device, it doesn't seem like there's a real diplomat in that party. Two of the three quest exp places in the temple require rather good flattery skills to pull off.

hootpad likes this.
  4. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

If you want as many XP as possible put the rogue skill points you don't spend for UMD into dialogue skills.

Search and disarm aren't important, about 3-4 skill points spent in stealth and 9-10 in lockpick should be perfect if you consider the dex modifier you get with the cat's grace wand, even 1 lockpick is enough since you can use potions, scrolls or just bash the chests.

5. hootpad Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have 0 search or disarm on my Rogue. Diplomacy, Alchemy, Move Silently, Open Lock & UMD (which is high, i'll explain in my next update) As of Chapter 4 & 5 this skill has becoming extremely useful.

6. hootpad Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] End Of Chapter 4:

Lady Aphex (rogue): Level 17 148000/153000 (used 10k xp on this one)

Lord Heartwork (paladin): Level 17 137943/153000

*NOTES* UMD has become relevant once again! The Underdark was full of insanely useful wands (Bulls strengths x3, Lightnings, Cure Moderate wounds aplenty) Not to mention the scroll vendors were tip top (maste hastes, blurs, mirror images, cloudkills etc). The rogue is a beast. As for the paladin, The "Valorfoe" Hammer is incredibly useful (50% chance of fear), I also started him with a good shield (+10 HPS)

--

End Of Chapter 5:

Lady Aphex (rogue): 182725/190000 Level 19 [48%total kills]

Lord Heartwork (paladin): 172589/190000 Level 19 [51% total kills]

*NOTES* Vendors start carrying Bulk Scrolls, finally! Same as chapter 4, lots of buff scrolls, Lesser Planer binding to draw agro, using high level dmg spells now, pretty much have 5 scroll cases filled with the stuff I need. Hardly ever fail. Finally got the "Holy Avenger" for my paladin here [But found myself using 'Pudu's Blight' most often in later Chapter 6]

--

End of Chapter 6 (pre-climax battle):

Lady Aphex (rogue): 215432/23100 Level 21 [45% total kills]

Lord Heartwork (paladin): 205384/210000 Level 20 [54% total kills]

*NOTES* Pretty much breezed through this with UMD and the items I got here. I honestly had more difficulty in Chapter 5. All in all I couldn't even begin to imagine doing this without UMD, even if it doesn't really become REALLY useful until Chapter 4 or so. I expected atleast Level 22 on both chars but oh well =/. Oh yea Single Hastes are bugged with UMD (meaning they dont work at all), Mass Hastes worked fine. I can't really remember any other spells being bugged, If I think of some I'll edit this.

I have the game saved if there's anything else you wanted to know. I'm sure I left out alot of stuff I should have put in.

7. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Good job!

It's pretty much as I assumed: Your exp didn't increase much at all beyond what you get from quests from Chapter 4 onwards. Going from six to only two guys means thus only between four and five extra levels by the end of the game. Not only that, but you kept your 4-5 level advantage pretty much all the way through, just as I've theorized before. Which is nice. :)

8. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Congratulations ! :thumb:

Continuing this pair in HoF mode would be interesting if you like another challenge. :)

How important were sneak attacks for your thief ?
    How useful were the paladin special abilities (lay on hands, smite evil, turn undead) and which paladin spells did you use ?

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Not a bad way to go indeed. I used to start with one character and add other characters throughout the game (pretending RPwise that the new character was a recruit from Targos, a prisoner from the Horde Fortress or a surviving soldier from Neverwinter for example). Reading this I can see that playing with two characters clearly has its advantages. ;)

10. hootpad Gems: 3/31

How important were sneak attacks for your thief ?
    Honestly? Not very important, or atleast less important later in the game than it was early in the game.

How useful were the paladin special abilities (lay on hands, smite evil, turn undead) and which paladin spells did you use ?
    Lay on hands was an immediate uninteruptable 65 dmg heal, so you can imagine =]. I ended up using Smite Evil alot more than I figured I would have. I know I've seen some people on this forum say they don't believe smite evil even works, this couldn't be less true, I got some HUGE hits out of it pretty regulary. Turn undead was really useful, sometimes is was all I had to balance out the mobs.

Other spells: Bless, Misc little heals to speed things up, holy power, group protection, group str buff, defensive harmony and recitation were invaluable.

@ Caradhras
    Yea, it was a blast. And I think the UMD Rogue became my favorite character in game. I just dont know how she would do in a larger party since it seems the character needs more levels to balance it out.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.