1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC chicks

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Big B, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Don't get me wrong personally I like Annah's tail but some people here might not.

2. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Annah will always hold a special place in my heart as the first decent NPC romance. God how I used to agonise that I might have made the wrong dialogue choice. I also loved her attitude and accent. Though I was shocked to find out that she was read by Sheena Easton. Those stateside will probably remember her as a horny singer who made her name of the the back of Prince. Those in the UK probably still remember her as a downdy 'girl next door' type who sang 'my baby works from 9 til 5'

Anyway, back to the original purpose of this post - non-npc BG2 women. How about Rose Bouquet in the bridge district. friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, nice clothes, chatty, interesting, streetwise, and ok, will do almost anything for a couple of coin.

3. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I suppose Imoen is your sister but what about Jahiera, isn't she sort of your god-mother. She is sort of sexy with that sultry voice, but the romance unfolded so slow that nothing happened before I finished the game. Now Viconia, there is fast moving NPC. Get down and dirty - then treat you like dirt. Oh Yeah! (Not that I like that in a woman or anything) :)

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I prefer wings over a tail anyday. Plus, Grace's a full-blooded Ta'naari, not some miserable planetouched tiefling like Annah.

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] ok do you guys not have real lives...lol

Um or maybe no girlfriends...lol I must tell u that i have been lmao at this topic *giggle*

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Laugh it up fuzzball. But you didn't see the princess and I alone in the south passage...she expressed her true feelings for me.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Excellent! 10 points for SW reference!

Hmmm, tail, eh? Interesting.

As for taking Viconia somewhere sunny...Dark places 24/7 would suit me just fine!

8. cathon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hmm, I think someone was confusing Sheena Easton with Sheila E. I don't think Sheena Easton ever had anything to do with Prince.

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

How can you prefer wings....Annah's "very" good at using her tail.

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

I might just have to get Planescape Torment, I keep hearing all these good things about it. Problem is I haven't seen it on store shelves, maybe I'm not looking hard enough?
    Well Annah sounds like a cool NPC, I even got her voice pack off the pages here. Pretty cool.

11. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2017
  12. Big B Gems: 27/31

Thanks for the links

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31

14. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] Aaargh!! Flashback from the 80s! Purple blazers and pink leather belts! (*Shudder*)
    I'm going to hide for a while, I think...

Sorry for the outburst (I just can't take it, okay...)

;)

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Don't knock Sheila E. She did wonders on the Arsineo Hall show.

Wait, that flopped too. Maybe there is a connection . . . :(

16. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Big B, if you are anyway near Denmark, you might stumble upon a package containing Baldurs Gate, Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment. The price is 100 DKR, which equals about 10£ or 12$. Ofcourse you might find this in any other country, I'm just referring to the price where I live. :)

17. cathon Gems: 5/31

Planescape -
    I've seen it packaged with one of the Might and Magic series (VII maybe?) at a Best Buy store. Like $19.95 for both. I considered getting it, but I already have more games to play than time to play them, maybe after I'm moved into my new place.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmmm, I don't know what to read into this. As all we get are small bitmaps and words, there are two conclusions. 1 we are deep enough to consider words as more important than appearances (esp as avatars all look very similar)
    2- we are sad enough to be turned on by small bitmaps
    PS - does anyone agree that Jahiera's BG1 port looked much better than her BG2 port?

19. cathon Gems: 5/31

The weird thing is she looks like a half-elf in BG1 and a full elf in BG2. So the BG1 portrait was definitely more accurate. (I think they just changed artists, and this was a different artist's rendition. I've considered changing her portrait back, but haven't so far.

20. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Layenne!

No other chick hangs around beholders, vampires, liches and tanar'ris, carries a staff of the Magi and casts Time Stop spells like they were Magic Missiles.

And what is more attractive than power? She's probably most powerful woman in the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.