1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Flirt Packs V1.0 Released!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jcompton, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have no idea, but the file is probably fine on their end. For some reason it's getting corrupted before it reaches you. Send jcompton there a PM, I'm sure he can help you out.

2. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you're using the Main Site (3DDownloads) and getting an invalid archive, turn off your download managers and tell your browser to allow cookies and popups, and don't use right-click to download. 3DD uses a queuing system so it needs to pop up a box telling you when you can download.

Or just try a mirror site, there's a list at http://www.forgottenwars.net/npcflirt

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    hey jcompton :)

Thats absolutely brilliant mate, I downloaded from a different mirror and Roberts your fathers brother.

Sorted... now, lets flirt!

Thanks for help guys ;)

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Maybe it would be a good idea that not all of the flirt options were available from the start, but like in the Sims? (Hug, backrub, kiss, xxx. *Sigh* If it were as easy in the real life...)

POSSIBLE BUG: Quale keeps repeating line

"How nice to see you, Aerie..."
    "<charname> and I thought of visiting you..."

again and again. Especially annoying when Quale is supposed to ask you to meet his friend. Happens every frigging time I go inside the tent.

[ June 11, 2003, 21:04: Message edited by: Virne ]

5. jcompton Gems: 9/31

They're NOT all available from the start. And you'll notice that the responses change over time.

I need you to tell me the precise line but I'm pretty sure I've heard of this happening in unmodded games. In other words, Biobug, not mine. :) If it's Quayle initiating the line rather than Aerie, you can pretty much count on it not being us because we don't touch his dialogue or script.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Odd. This has never happened before I installed the flirt mod (it's either that or Dungeon-Be-Gone).

Yes, it's Quale who is trying to initiate the dialogue, but only because he should start another one (the one in which he will ask protagonist's help). After solving the circus quest, the problem was the same, but happened only when I talked to him directly. In other words: Quale is stuck in those "Nice to meet you again, Aerie" -words.

It's not a big problem, I guess, as long as Aerie doesn't begin to "remind" me constantly about seeing Quale (because of the messenger).

7. jcompton Gems: 9/31

Even less likely. DBG modifies precisely one piece of game code: the starting area script.

The "It is good to see you again, my dear" line is weighted at the top of QUAYLE.DLG, the condition on it is if he's talking to Aerie and QuayleRaelis GLOBAL isn't equal to 1.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Gotta check that... It must be the sun spots...

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ok, so I'm going to need a clear answer to this question. How do you find out wether this mod is working or not?

Are you, or are you not supposed to force dialogue on Jaheira immediately once you've freed her from her cell. Or after the first "romance" dialogue when entering the slums district? I can't force chat with her after either of those events and I don't have the patience to play through underdark etc to just see wether it's working or not. So what's the case?

10. jcompton Gems: 9/31

If you read the FAQ portion of the README you will discover something that looks like this:

Q: Hey! They're not flirting in SOA! What's wrong?

A: Probably nothing. Aerie and Viconia will not flirt until after their fourth
    LOVETALK (LoveTalk=8). Jaheira will not flirt until just before or just after
    her sixth LOVETALK (LoveTalk=12). Anomen won't flirt until after his fifth
    LOVETALK, and then has a series of crabby conversations with the PC, so he
    doesn't pick up again until after LT 16. They also will not flirt in the
    Underdark, or after cross words have been exchanged, or they're obsessing over
    some really heavy issues (Jaheira and the Harpers, late in her romance, between
    LoveTalk=59 and =62, or Viconia at the various times she gets angry and
    conflicted.)

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh hmm, ok thanks. I'll use my brain next time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.