1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Odd things you do that nobody else does (or so you think)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It's nice to see that Harbourboy is better than all of us :) There is however the option that he doesn't meant his odd things, because he doesn't recognize them as odd.

Personally:
    - Popping joints, especially neck, lower back and my fingers. It relieves pressure on the joints, making me more comfortable.
    - For a long while, I felt the near-irresistable urge to stab myself in the eye whenever I had a needle or otherwise sharp, thin object in my hands. :p

More as I think of 'em.

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Yes, and you could make a spoon on the other handle :lol:

A Spifechork! :grin:

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm also paranoid about people seeing what I type, always minimizing the windows when someone walks by.

I'm a hygiene freak, I wash my hands a gazillion times a day, yet...I don't shower every day. It's such a bother.

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Weird things that I do... :hmm:

Well, whenever I need to prepare for speaking in front of a larger gathering (all the way down to having to read something aloud in class), I always imagine that I'm on the Oprah show ('tis true)... I guess not too many people do that :p .

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have been known to buite my toenails in the past, too... nowdadays it'ds just compulsively keeping my nails as short as possible.

6. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Let's see...

-I don't hold chopsticks correctly, even though I HAVE to use them every day in order to eat. Mom always tells me to do it correctly, but it's so bothersome so...hehe
    -I bite off scraps of my lip when they start to flake off.
    -I just hate seeing typos or grammar errors, and always have the near-irresistable urge to correct them.
    -I need to listen to music when solving math questions(not during the test though).
    -I talk to myself in front of a mirror(I even got one for my room).
    -My ears - and only my ears - turn red when I'm embarrassed, ticked off or full-out mad.

That's all I can think of for now.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I also bite my lips. And i talk to myself all the time, but not in front of a mirror, that makes me embarassed about it. I also can't do anything i know i would be laughed about, even when no one can clearly see me.
    Weirdly, i also try not to think anything stupid in a crowd, like anyone else would be mind readers.
    I guess we all have our faults, but that makes us unique. :D

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Biting parts of my body is always fun!

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, biting lips. Yeah, I do that too. Washing hands all the time is my quirk, as well (@Susipaisti ;) ). Right, right, maybe we aren't so uniquely weird as we think. :shake:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Chopsticks are great, but good luck eating a steak with them. Or soup. If you have forks, knives, spoons, chopsticks, and fingers then you have all culinary situations covered. It just seems more sensible to have some of all of these utensils in your drawer (other than the fingers) rather than simply refusing to use one or more of them.

No, I'm just not as WEIRD as some of you.

That's not weird, that's just being intelligent and caring about the quality of written language.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's a bit condesending (sp :lol: ) though. Sure, write as well as you like, but other people don't want people correcting them all the time. It's get's on their ****.

12. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, it's quite unnerving, I know. But some of the mistakes people make are quite depressing.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Definately.

*ducks and hides*

@HB: You cut the steak into suitably-sized pieces before you start eating, duh - a final part of the preparation process.

14. chevalier

Media:
    So long as you use more or less proper verb forms, I'll live. :p

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ara: If cooked correctly you CAN cut steak with chopsticks. The japanese have been doing it for years.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    They have? Awesome. I should porobably learn how to, then :p

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Hey, you can't say "it's gets..." ;)

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Really? Wow. That is something I'd like to see.

What, with a knife and fork? Why not just use those to eat with then? Plus, the steak will go cold if you cut it all up before hand.

I hope that was two deliberate spelling mistakes.....

19. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hmm, me too. I used to bite my finger nails, now I clip them very often.

Let's see...what else:

I have to have something in my hand and play with it. (Not what you think ;) ) A pencil, scissors, etc.

The toilet paper has to go over, naturally.

I fall to sleep in public transport, like chev. I think there is usually too few oxygen in buses and the like.

I talk to myself.

I cannot look most people straight in the eyes. I try all the time, but usually my eyes will digress automatically.

I scowl all the time. No, really. Makes me look quite unfriendly. And I'm not. *sigh*

I'm honest. When I get asked for my opinion I say usually the first thing that crosses my mind. Which is what I really think. I did hurt quite a few people with that.
    Now, I can supress the urge most of the time and don't say anything or change the subject. I just don't feel comfortable with lying.

20. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I talk to myself in many places, not just in front of a mirror. :D
    I also wash my hands all the time. I really don't like it when people come out of the bathroom without washing their hands, and approach the explosive point if one of those guys puts one of those hands on me. Yeek!
    Like Fabius, I'm pretty honest about my opinions. Also, I always look somewhere else when talking to someone. It's hard to look someone in the eye without getting a bit nervous(although there's no reason why I should).
    Scowling is one of my biggest problems. People always look at me weird when I'm just walking by myself. If I'm talking with people I'm close to, like my friends and family, I smile but otherwise, people think I'm angry. One of my teachers told me after I had asked him some questions that I seemed to be angry at him and asked why. (Recently I found out that this was in part due to my jawbone being a bit more up-front than it was supposed to be)
    I let my toilet paper roll around on the floor. I don't even bother to hang it. None of that over- or under- stuff for me.
    To cut steaks with chopsticks, I just hold the rear ends together, and bring the front ends together like I'm using a pair of scissors. Works just fine, although my friends use more refined methods.(The Japanese aren't the only ones who do that)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.