1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Come on. Don;t ejaculate over the thing. Was a lucky goal.
    And even I could dealt with it if I was the guy on the post. God knows what he was doing. :eek: :eek:

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We were 15 people who simultanously ejaculated to that goal. There is nothing else to do. I have been critical towards Zlatan in the past but in this tournament he have taken my criticism and shoved it up my arse.

It may have have been luck but it takes immense flair and skill to even try such a thing, then to succeed is beyond measure. Come again when Owen or Rooney does a thing like that.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well after seeing Zlatan for the last few years at Ajax, I can tell you, it is a typical Zlatan action. He doesn't always score in that way but he has that onorthodox way of playing which unfortunatly not many people get.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    Germany 1 - 1 Latvia

The German team were VERY lucky to come away from that game with a point.

Id've given at least two penalties Latvia's way. Especially the first one. It was an absolute stone waller.

Now the Germans will need to beat the Czechs next week to go through I think. Ouch, not gonna easy.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Damn those Germans, every time they play, they manage to make me fall asleep. :D

But don't worry, Holland will lose to the Czechs AND Latvia. I just found out that they're starting Seedorf instead of sneijder. That can only mean that Advocaat doesn't want to win. Now all he needs to do is start Frank de Boer, and i think i may have proof that Advocaat is on Germany's payroll.

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wasnt it 0-0?

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah sorry, it was (pedantic bastard, lol j/k)(. Typo.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yes, you didn't see it ?

9. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Oh you traitor, well its score for Holland - Tchech is now 2-0, hurray!!!!

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Half time

2-1 to Holland.

Now THIS my Swedish friends, is a great game. I tell you what. This is the best half of football I have seen all tournament.

Quality game.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

What a first half, 2 - 1 and it could have been 6- 3 and should have been 4 - 1. Is it me or is the Referee entirely lost. That was a penalty against van nistelrooy if I ever say one. And that last action, by no means off side, and that 'foul' where the goal keeper let's go of the ball. Man that ref is bad :mad: :mad:

Now nothing is sure and both teams can still take it home!

I'm just glad that I see a Dutch TEAM!! :cool:

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah. Good performance by the Dutch. But also by the Czechs.

I'd say going in at 2-2 would be a fair score.

Should be an interesting second half.

13. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Number one, Czech vs Dutch part 2. Nedved cheated the second yellow card, Davis was not a happy person, what will happen when both are back in Italy the next season?

Number two, if only Baros and Smicer were at this level while playing in Liverpool last season...

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

[​IMG] :cry: it's unfair, it's un****ing fair. The first time Holland played as a team in over a year and this happens :cry:

:mad: ****ing referee, penalty, red card and countless fouls which were all wrong, wrong I say :mad:

:cry: @morsmordre, I now know how you must have felt against France :cry:

Congrats to the czechs they played very good but a tie would have been more fair. I feel the same as last year when ajax lost with 2-3 against AC MILAN in the quarters of the champions league.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Apeman... imagine that feeling multiplied ten times... thats how England felt against France.

Although, the red card was HARSH, Holland maybe should have had a penalty, etc etc.

But tbh. Holland just weren't clinical enough :( . They could have scored a lot more than 2 goals and put the game way beyong the Czechs.

Though, take nothing away from the Czechs. Good performance and great spirit. Although I thought the red card was what turned the match.

Slightly unfortunate result. But a great game of football to watch. If maybe only for a neutral.

16. joacqin

Media:
    Best game yet, brilliant play of everyone. Dont blame the ref Apeman, blame Advocaat for taking out Robbens and going defensive. That is what truly lost the game, not the ref.

I also just have to lavish praise upon Nedved, the one *superstar* who have truly truly shined in this tournament. That shot from 30 metres deserved a better fate.

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well you can see in my post that I congratuale the czechs who I hold in high regard, but I can't help feeling there was more to get for holland.

You've got to admit that the ref made some grave errors which (with many many other factors) could have turned the game. Anyway....if, if, if, if. We lost and we do not have the advantage in our own hand and must hope that the czech do their sportive duty against Germany.

Indeed Nedved is really really great but I must congratulate other players as well: Let me think,.................well every player on that field tonight with the excpetion of Cocu, grygera and van Bronckhorst. This was without a doubt the best match of tourney, man that sucks when you loses.

On robben (who was our best player), he has been out of the running for over 3 months and I can understand Advocaat for taking him out. But on the other hand we dutch are known for our attacking qualities and not our defending ones, and you could just wait for the equalizer and even for the winning goal, even though all the chances for our dutch team. I can tell you it was hell to watch because we could all see it coming.

But after all things said and done, it was a great match from both sides and it is what makes footbal such a great sport :thumb:

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

The referee IS to blame for the outcome of the match. He gave Heitinga a red card for a dive from Nedved, and he denied v. Nistelrooy a clear penalty in the first half.

Also keep in mind that this is the same ref that refused to show Totti the red card for one of the most disgusting fouls i've ever seen in the match against Denmark. He shouldn't even be allowed to lead a match anymore in this tournament.

Frustration ? Damn right... i feel robbed. His decisions had a bigger influence on the outcome, than Advocaat's incredible stupid decision to take out the best player on our side and replace him with someone who sat on the bench of Manchester City all year long. When journalists confronted him with the substitution, he said that Robben hadn't played in three moments and was lacking rythm. Can you believe how stupid that sounds when you replace him with someone who barely played a whole year ? After the substitution, it was over and done with for Holland, and they were with their backs against the wall constantly.

What pisses me off the most is that Holland played one of his best matches in a long time, and didn't even get at least one point out of it. Now there's a realistic chance that Germany, one of the most boring teams in this tournament, have the best papers to advance to the second round.

There's no justice in this world.

19. joacqin

Media:
    I am very worried that the Czechs, understandably, wont play their best side or go 100% against Germany as they are already finished and dont want any injuries or suspensions. It is really bad for the tournament as Holland truly showed what they are capable of today but the Swede in me cant help but to prefer Germany before Holland in the quarter final. That is, if we beat Denmark and finish first in the group, if we finish second, which I think is rather hard for us to do, we either win or dont go through. Even though I am convinced we can beat any team I think Germany suits us better than Holland.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    I am not so much troubled or bothered by the result. As it doesn't immediately effect England.

But I have to say, that is not only the best game so far in this tournament. But one of the best games of football I have ever seen played.

I bow my head to both teams for putting on such an entertaining show and offer my sympathies to Holland. Who in truth, didn't really deserve to lose that game. But it was a very close cal on my part. A draw would have been a very fair result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.