1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah pacman I know but that was a long time ago :wave: It is not the same game anymore. Anyway, better they lost now then in a semi final or something eh? France to win.

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, but your words just backfired on you. England already won a major tournament.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I feel physically sick. Don't think I will post any more till tomorrow when I might have a clear head. GN.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

You know what I mean pacman jeesus. Anyways, I bet there is going to be a lot of arrests tonight in Portugal.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

That ****ing referee...

There are going to be some nasty riots tonight, and if that guy goes anywhere near any England fans, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

He made completely the wrong decision, and cost us the match.

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Was I looking at dutch players taking penalties? :eek:

Oh no wait they have white shirt.......man England is as bad as holland with taking penalties. Beckham is like Stam.

You've got to love that Panenka penalty, with that kind of pressure so cool a penalty, realy nice. And Ricardo taking out the penaly with his bare hands and after taking the best penalty of the evening.

*mental not to self*

If ever keeping against the english, just stand firm and in the middle and I won't have to do anything.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Stop blaming the ref!

Man, there's too much ref-blaming going on at the moment. Nobody notices all the decisions that go against the other team.

8. Eat-Man Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Of course,its always ref's fault when people lose...

By the way the 89th was well disallowed...and don't come saying that it wasn't because the english player clearly commited a foul on Ricardo...just see replay...

Oh and one last thing,GREAT penalty by Beckham , it was utterly amusing!

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's three big misses from Beckham that I can remember from the last 6 months. Why not just drop him?

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

He won't be coming back anyway, he will be to old for the World Cup.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think it's all swings and roundabouts with refs. Sometimes the decision goes your way, sometimes it doesnt. Blaming the ref is a futile and pointless excercise. In the end Portugal were better. They were on the attack and in control for the majority of the game. We should have played better if we wanted to win. I'm just glad its all over and some normalcy can return around here.

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Ah yes now I hope they will shut up about rooney.

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

IF you do watch the replay, you'll see Terry was jumping for the ball, and not blocking the goal keeper. The referee was miles away and could barely see from his position, and so made the wrong call. The linesmen who were a much better place to see didn't have their flags up, but the referee overruled them, because obviously he had a much better vantage point than them.

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish that too.
    Talk about playing the poor lad up too much. Comparisons with Pele and 50m price tags are just ridiculous. Give the poor lad a break.

15. Harbourboy

Too old, you think so?

Off-topic: Eat-man - we haven't heard from you for over a year. Nice of you to drop by at this dramatic moment.

Back on topic: Go Sweden.

16. Pac man Gems: 25/31

In some cases it IS the ref's fault, if people don't see that, then don't discuss football, please !

And i expected lame comments about the England squad, the vultures never sleep. Those who actually see what happens on the pitch, can only agree with me that England had a great team this time. Luck wasn't on England's side, but they definitely have a bright future ahead of them.

Patience

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Ah Beckham is 29, I thought he was 31 my mistake.

18. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Wildfire

Terry didn't jump, he was holding Ricardo down. Also, in this area the goalkeeper is the absolute lord, almost every physical contact with him is considered to be foul. Better blame your bad luck (Rooney's injury) and ask Erikson why he withdrew Gerard.

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Well, what a match, wwwoooooowwwww!! :eek: :eek:

Football drama at its most...err... dramatic?

Exclamation marks:
    - England score in the second minute! Owen!!!
    - Rooney loses a shoe!! Rooney injured!
    - England clams up, using the same stupid tactics that allowed them to lose to France!
    - Portugal have all the possession!! They can't score for ****!!
    - Figo off -> Portugal scores!!!
    - England hit the post!! No wait, goal!!! No wait, DISALLOWED!!!
    - Extra time! Portugal scores! England comes back!!
    - PENALTIES!!!! :eek:
    - Beckham misses!! Again!!!
    - Rui costa misses!
    - Vassel misses (poor guy), Ricardo defends! With no gloves!!!?? :confused:
    - Ricardo scores!

Phew... I was a neutral observer and nearly had a heart attack. How was it for the fans?

Pity about England, they did come back into it in the end. Would rather see them through than the hosts. Not sure if the 89 min goal was good or not. Terry did seem to have his arm around Ricardo at the time but it seemed (to me) that the ref didn't really see what happened.

20. Harbourboy

BOC - Can Greece do it against France?

btw - is this thread is going to set some new record for fastest thread to 500 posts at this rate? Much faster then any RB thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.