1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Best of luck to both teams!

These two arguably been two of the most entertaining teams (behind England ;) ) in these tourneys. Shame one of them has to go out. Should be a good game.

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    At this very moment, my mother is occupying our only tv to watch royalty ,as you could've guessed: a programme about European royals. (Yes, we have that over here, ask no more) And I'm going to miss the beginning of the match.

On topic: I don't have a favourite, but it would be logical for Holland to win.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well worst first half so far, bummer both such good teams but not against each other.

Do I smell a penalties serie?

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, you do. They are about to take them now, but I don't want to watch. I smell something bad.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED !!! :D

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

For the second time this tournament it's the best team that looses on penalites.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

And for the second time you are dead wrong. Sweden wasn't better. Both teams played miserable.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hell no, it was a great game, definatly in the top 7 this tournament.

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Then Sweden was the best team on playing miserable, :D

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, i almost fell asleep, Sweden was purely playing counterfootball, and Holland didn't have a decent midfield and there was no connection with v. Nistelrooy, another coachingfailure.

In the end both teams were completely exhausted, some had breathingproblems even. But'i'd say that after 4 times being eliminated by penalties in the last 12 years, we deserved to be on the lucky end for a change.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lol Pac Man

Can you actually believe I just said that? I've got a bad nose.

Not the best game. Lots of small faults and a weird ref.

So the first of my 4 favs left. Too bad, but not the worst.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Actually both players got a ball in their ribcase.

Anyway I thought that Holland was a bit better than Sweden and deserved to win.

I'M GOING TO PORTUGAL, LISBON HERE I COME, PORTUGAL IS GOING DOWN.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

hey, cool... have a great time downthere and bring us home the trophy. :D

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I'll do my best, we have tickets for the semis and finals if holland makes it to the final.

So if I'm not here the coming two games I'm going out of my mind in Lisbon :thumb:

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31

WHOA !!!

Just heard this on the news. Some beerbrewer in the Czech republic promised the players free beer for the rest of their lifes if they win the title.

16. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LATEST NEWS!!!

Holland beat Sweden in the quarterfinals taking Penalties (0-0 before penalties) - 5-4 with 2 misses by Sweden; 1 by Holland.
    :borg:

EDIT: typo correction

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Thanks for sharing... we didn't know that yet. :D

18. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Apeman

Just because I want to compare the prices how much it is going to cost you? The prices of the travel agents here are ranging from 680 to 750 euros (game tickets included) for one day (fly to Portugal, watch the game, fly back home immediately after the end of the game).

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] WE did win I'm drunk! Thank you! Goodbye sweden!

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *sigh* So close, yet so far away. Brilliant game of Sweden, where the hell did Nilsson and Östlund find the skills they displayed last night? Great work of the entire Swedish team.

Two hits in the woodwork during over time. Bläh

Why did the Dutch players find the nerve to hit penalties this year? *sigh*

Well well, we fulfilled every expectations, I said before the tournament that we had a 50/50 chance of getting past the group stage but that it would be stop in the quarterfinals, anything else would be beyond anyones wildest expectations. Greece gave me hope though. Too bad Holland wasnt half as bad as France was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.