1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Say what you will about the English team mate. I'll probably have a reply :D .

I really hope Holland get it together and beat Germany. As I dislike them. But tbh, I can't see it.

Maybe a draw. If a team is to win, then I think it will be Germany.

I wonder what the betting on Czech vs Germany game ending 0-0 is? lol.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Y'now what would be fun? If Latvia manages to qualify from the group stage, THAT would create som suicides. :D

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol yeah. They have surprised me by only qualifying for the thing! Whats to say they won't surprise me again and beat the likes of Holland, Germany and Czech?.... Nah!!! :lol:

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Sweden-Bulgaria is absolutely the best game so far. Up until 3-0 both sides had plenty of chances and played quick and entertaining football. After 3-0 the game was decided and Bulgaria folded but any team would have lost hope in that situation.

The great teams of Portugal, Spain, Italy and France have not played well in their opening matches, generally having played too static and slow. Some distraught englishman wrote earlier that England-France was a better game, but that's most likely an opinion coming out of frustration and disappointment. One team defending well against a team that is having a bad day does not make for a good game. ;)

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    *sigh*

And you speak of bias? tut tut :p

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Apart from any dissasters, like a massive outbreak of the flue or something, Holland will sweep the floor with the Germans tomorrow, like they did the last couple of times both teams met.

I kinda lost confidence after those two lame games against Belgium and Ireland, but maybe that happened just in time. Holland went undefeated for a looooong long streak before that, so this could have awakened them from their slumber just in time. All they need to do is feed Makaay and v. Nistelrooy, and we'll be fine, no matter who we're up against.

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

@Morsmordre
    Yes, I might be biased. In fact I believe I am biased but not in the way that you insinuate. I'm not the one claiming that my nations team is God's gift to mankind. ;)
    This is my bias: I believe the english have a tendency to overestimate the strength and skill of their national team.

The Sweden-Bulgaria game was a good game that's all.

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

England won't make it to the next round

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol earl grey :)

You are biased. But lets face it, everyone who lives in a country is biased towards it one way or another, except for a few freaks in the breed (glares strongly at Sarevok Anchev). I am most likely 10 times more biased than you. Though I hide it behind a shield of patriotism, lol.

I just love my country. As do you I guess. Didn't mean anything by my comments :)

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

The Germany-Holland game tomorrow should be interesting. I'm going for perennial under achievers, the Dutch.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Well it's pretty sure that Van the Man plays as the head man tomorrow with (thank god) wingmans Van der Meyde and Zenden. Personally thought I would have like to see Arjen Robben who will be playing in Enland next season, and Marc Overmars as the wingmans. Pity that Das Phantoom Roy Makaay doesn't play, those germans would be petrified from fear alone if he played.

Anyway, I predict a 2-0 victory for the dutch.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

If only Dennis Bergkamp was still playing internationals. Would've been great seeing him and van Nistelrooy up front.

13. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hardly. He will not stand a chance against our solid defense with Kohler, Helmer and Reuter.

Oh wait... I'm back in '96... too much stress... can't think... fear of the yellow licence plate...

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Why isn't Makaay playing ? He's not injured, is he ? And don't tell me we only start one targetman ?

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Be glad we start out with only one deep attacker and two wingman. If I recall the matches played so far then every team who played with both wings were teams who played a good game.

16. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yeah, i know, but from watching the latest games from Germany, their weak spot is their defense, which is normally one of their stronger points. I'd say if we put the pressure on them right from the start, the game could be over and done with pretty quick. But with one attacker in the center that's not going to work. And if Germany can manage to hang in the game too long, things might not go as we want it to go.

17. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Don't underestimate the germans. They are not the team they used to be and they don't have the players they used to have but they still have the unique ability to rise from their ashes, as they have proven in the last WC. Also, don't forget Gary Linecker's quote "Football is when 22 guys are playing and at the end it is always Germany that wins".

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Oh, i'm pretty sure there's absolutely no underestimation of "der manschaft" from our side, they've beaten us one time too many for that in the past, and we know like nobody else that germany can rise to the occasion, just think back at the last worldcup.

But there's nothing wrong in feeling that you're the better team, because that's the reality. And i don't think Germany ever had a weaker team than this particular one. But that doesn't mean there's no respect for them.

19. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Too bad we'll have to miss Belgium in this one. yep, that's some quality football moments, gone, just like that... NOT...

But still, Euro 2004 isn't what I expected it too be. A pity, better luck tomorrow, where our Dutch neighbours will get their asses kicked by the germans. Live with it, is all I can say.

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Do i smell some jealoussy here ? Some frustration perhaps ? I wish the wind would stop blowing from the south in our direction, it's getting a little tiresome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.