1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Official EURO2004 Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'd be more worried about him being 'ruined' off the field than on the field. You'd better hope he has some sensible people watching over him while he grows up.

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

One thing is for sure, there hasn't been all that much improvement after their worldcup dissaster. France is a long way from where they were 4 years ago. They are not the favorites in this tournament, they play too poorly for that.

If they didn't have Lady Luck on their side against England, they would have been facing elimination already, given that this game ends in a draw.

Edit: And it just did. :D

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mornar should have won it for the Croats though. Bad miss at the death that.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31

England better stay focussed, the Croats are not to be taken lightly.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Lets hope England get gubbed (standard Scottish approach ;) )

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah. Shame there ain't a Euro championships for Curling (cleaners sport) eh mate? Then the Scots might even do something :D ;) .

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, although the Curling team that won gold at the last winter Olympics is a Great British one, not an English or Scottish one (although the team captain was from Scotland).

Hmmm, that was massively off-topic.

Um, go Bulgaria!

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Blaste French with their ever flowing fountain of luck. That was totally a foul (hand) by trezeguet and should not be passed.

And that last chance or mornar in the last minute, he could have done everything but he decided to shoot the ball over the bar :mad:

That's two lucky matches for France already and they should have lost two of them and be on their way home :mad:

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Good game by Croatia. Croatia looks better than England and France should beat Switzerland so to me it looks like France and Croatia will make it to the next stage from that group.

10. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well Euro 2004 as i have seen so far (Please have in mind that i have not seen all the games).
    Italy the great dissappointment as always. This team is getting worse every year. And i mena the way they play not the players. Their coach is being forced by the Italian Press way too much and he has not the B***S to decide by himself who should play and who will sit on the bench. Thus he makes decisions that make him look stupid. Secondly Toti- although he is considered a good player- is the worst pig i have ever seen the 20 something years i am watching football. He was spitting on the palyers of Denmark (and he has done this other times also).
    England was better than expected. Allthough i was ready for a big disappointment they presented themselves more focused on the purpose of quallifying than other times. Their play against France was very good. The last one i did not managed to see
    France has managed to escape defeat so far but i fear that luck will not always help this team. Zidane can't mange to play a good game and furthemore none of the other players of this team looks capable of bringing a fresh breath of air in this mature, experienced but also very tired team. They will qualify but things afterwards will become more difficult and fatigue is a dangerous enemy.
    Portugal is good but i don't think that the events of Euro 2000?? (i can't remember correctly) where they managed to ruin their phycology with their actions still seems to haunt them. They are too anxious to make something good and they manage to ruin themselves.
    Spain would have lost the second game if Portugal has not been so easily defeated by Greece. They are like Portuguese arrogant, but with good units and a better team than the latter. They want to qualify but they wanted to have done so before the match with their neighbours and hosts. Bad :D luck now they are feared about the refferees.
    Greece is overwhelming our expectations because allthough we always had good units we naver managed to make a good team. Now we have both and furthemore we have managed to build faith upon our capabilities. I fear Russia, but i believe that the signs of maturity from my team will continue to show. We are better than you think and remember that these guys are playing without the burden of being a fancy team and must win etc etc. We stand a good chance to make a lot of people stay with a open mouth in the end.
    Sweden is a team i have not seen yet as well as Denmark. But i expect from the North to provide us with the same level of national teams that are being presented, the last 20 or so years i see football and more, very good and palyers who are born fighters.
    I think that Portugal is lost under pressure they can't do nothing ad Figo is something like a piece of meat that runs around in the field and does nothing leaving C. Ronaldo desperatelly alone. On the other side Raul is again useless (isn't it strange that all Real Madrid players suck? Think Figo, Zidane, Raul. Only Beckham is trying something but he is gone there last year) but Spain has also Baraja and some other palyers who can take the burden of pushing the team forward. Something that in Portugal only Figo can undertake.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol Earl grey. Dear o' dear o' dear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. Harbourboy

Well, I wouldn't start laughing just yet. If Croatia end up scoring more goals than England then Earl Grey's prediction might come true. As we have seen several times in this tournament so far, even if a team dominates most of a game, they still can end up not winning. It would just take one ill-advised challenge in England's penalty area (or another miss at the other end of the park) to end their tournament. Or England might win 6-0 and go all the way. Who can tell?

Anything could happen in that game! Looking forward to it.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    It's not the fact that Croatia might win that I'm contesting. I am not arrogant or stubborn enough to say 'England will beat Croatia!". Earl Grey on the other hand...

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

So I think Croatia is a better team than England. Is that such a big deal? No need to make triple rolleyes at me for that.

15. Harbourboy

I think you guys should put down a small wager on this game then . . . .

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ouch! I unleashed the dreaded 'triple rolleyes'.

Chill it out and hit bit with a joke or another argument. Don't just submit and get defensive and mardy! Thats boring! lol

Harbourboy, come on. Give this guy some tips, lol.

17. Harbourboy

"Mardy"?? Now there's a word I've only ever heard in Yorkshire (or from displaced Yorkshiremen).

Anyway, I predict that the team that scores the most goals will win the game and that the two teams with the most points will go through to the quarter finals.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Hehe, pretty safe prediction :)

BTW: I wasn't aware that mardy is only used in my country :s. Although, I;m very impressed at you knowing the dialects. Are you English descent or have holidays here? :s. Or just very knowledgeable on us?

19. Harbourboy

I lived in London for about 4 years. Never heard anyone say 'mardy' who wasn't connected with Yaorkshire in some way.

Oh no, getting off-topic again.

It's actually getting hard to pick the winner of this thing with none of the early favourites playing and winning convincingly. It would be nice for a dark horse like Greece or Croatia to come through and make things interesting (for the neutral observer like me).

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Lived in London? :( I feel for you! :lol:

I live in a wierd spot. Smack bang in the middle of Yorkshire and Derbyshire and as such have a wierdo hybrid accent.

On topic, I think, alothough the standard of football so far has rarely been top notch. I think that makes for an even more interesting competition. If all stays the same it very much widens the spectrum of possible winners.
    I still think England have been one of the best teams so far. We will have to see how a few more games go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.