1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oh no, my Beloved Eagles signed Vick! Somebody, please shoot me!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Blades of Vanatar, Aug 14, 2009.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Perhaps they should play Vick -- at least he know the rules (he may violate them intentionally, but knows them).

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ok funny man!:) To be honest, the Phillies outscored a few NFL teams this weekend. Maryland hunh? You wouldn't happen to have a need to be choking a certain kicker right now, would you Aldeth?:D

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aldeth is a Steelers fan....

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What, you want some too, T2?! :)

Ok, the Bears looked like a bunch of Nancy-boys last night. Cutler thinks he's a hundred pounds of dynamite, but he only has a quarter-inch fuse.:p

5. T2Bruno

Media:
    I don't like the Bears. :p

6. Blades of Vanatar

Ok, O for two. Let me guess, your a Cheesehead?

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was going to pile on a little here given that the Giants were exposed as frauds by the Saints and their record was the result of a patently weak schedule, but then the Eagles went and choked big time to the freakin' Raiders, who the Giants compared to a scrimmage opponent last week. But, then again, I guess I don't need to pile on after all . . .

8. Blades of Vanatar

Christ, after that loss, I really expected some more needling to be honest. Why are you guys going so easy on me?

I think Andy Reid needs to beef up his gameplan and stop beefing up his dinners. Losing to the Raiders was an EMBARRASSMENT for the franchise. At least it won't cost me on my pool this week, everyone took the Eagles.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Not at all - other than the Steelers victory, wide-left as the clock expired was the high-point of the NFL weekend.

And if you're wondering why I'm NOT a Ravens fan, I was born in Pennsylvania, and when I became a Steelers fan, the Ravens franchise did not yet exist.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Didn't know. Oh well, failed attempt. I was watching Min and Bal at the time. Baltimore ran the clock down to 0:02, then spiked it. They could of ran a play or two, trying to throw for the sideline to get a little closer. That wasn't a gimme kick. I think Harbaugh screwed that one up.

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Yeah, I saw that too. The only thing I can think of is that since the Ravens were out of timeouts, they didn't want to risk a player being tackled in bounds, as that would have effectively ended the game. I cannot say that I am at all unhappy with the results though, as the Steelers and Ravens are rivals, and the Steelers are now tied for 1st with the Bengals. It feels strange typing that.

12. Blades of Vanatar

Yep, that division got tougher. Steelers are going to have to earn the division title this year. Though I think it's their's to lose anyway, Cin and Bal are not as strong as Pit. The Steelers need to make sure they win the ones they're supposed to win, no stumbles like the Eagles this week.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    The Steelers didn't exactly coast to the division title last year either - the Ravens finished 11-5. The Steelers didn't clinch that division until the next-to-last week, and even then it was only because they had the tie-breaker.

One thing I cannot get over is just how many bad and really bad teams there are this year. Any team worth their salt, and certainly all playoff teams should have no trouble beating:

Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington (sad but true), Detroit, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis. That's ten bad teams. And it doesn't count the sorta bad ones like Jacksonville, Houston, Carolina, and Seattle. The Eagles loss to the Raiders was inexcusable.

I did end up losing last night - I needed 17 from VJ, and only got 10, giving me a total of 135. (Granted that's not bad, but when your opponent drops a 142 on you, you need a big game from just about everyone.) It sucks to lose when you score 135.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I was pissed the Ravens lost... not because I like them that much, but because they made an amazing comeback, only to let Favre win right at the last minute. I was more rooting against Favre than rooting for the Ravens.

15. Blades of Vanatar

I have always thought of myself as a big fan of sports, especially of the NFL. When thinking about players outside of Philly, I think I'm pretty un-biased, except when it comes to their division rivals.

When it comes to Favre, he was an awesome player, especially in the big moment. I think the circumstances surrounding his leaving GB was a total screw-up by Ted Thompson the GM and Mike McCarthy with some ill-conceived comments. Favre wasn't perfect either, but most of that blame should fall on GB. I have no hard feelings for the guy if he wants to continue to play. Obviously he still can play and look at Minnesota with a real QB. Minnesota was probably the perfect fit for him, with Peterson taking the heat off of him. I hope he thrives there, it makes for a better season in the NFL. I would rather watch an old Favre over Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels anyday.

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I just don't like the way he celebrates after each freaking play... every time he throws a touchdown pass, he looks like a teenage boy who just lost his V-card bragging to his friends. I don't mind celebration, but he is overly exuberant and thus annoying as hell to watch.

17. Blades of Vanatar

More useless plays for the Eagles on Monday night. Bringing Vick in totally kills their momentum. It's obvious he is not at the speed level he had prior to jail time. I doubt he will get that back. Everytime he ran the ball, a big linemen ran him down. He looks terrible. And with his small size, that doesn't bode well for his health if he keeps that up.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Are you still worried about Vick? He's been practically invisible!

19. Blades of Vanatar

I'm worried that Reid will continue to try to use him during crucial points in a game. It is more than apparent that he is not at his old playing level or running speed. But Reid has used him at QB several times to no avail, stalling drives. Why? He isn't fooling anyone. Keep McNabb in there and you have at least a chance of a big play. Vick gives you a zero chance of that. With the Eagles owning 1st place in the NFC east right now, hopefully Reid will stop experimenting and get the Birds offense rolling again. Though they just beat division rivals back to back weeks, they still have a lot of holes in that offense. McNabb needs to relearn how to throw the short pass again. He chucks a nice long ball, but the short throws are at the receivers feet or way overthrown.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.