1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pakistan VS England

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, every team plays that many games. They're no more tired than anyone else. Guess they're just not good enough to win over there. Yeah, it's challenging, but it's still a test match and the team is hardly heroic simply for showing up over there.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who said they were? :lol:

I think that just coming off the back of a very draining winning Ashes series, to go into a tour of Pakistan, which is incredibly tough was just too much for some of our lads. Certainly more than many other teams. Australia are back to winning ways straight away because they have a point to prove. It's harder for our boys.

As I said, it's not really an excuse, too many have underperformed, the batsmen in particular. We'll thrash them when they come back to our place though.

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    Wow, Shoaib Akhtar, what a performance. Pakistan absolutely blown us away in the last session here, and there's no life in the pitch what so ever. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up to a fantastic performance. Kaneria hasn't been half bad either!
    Well played Pakistan, deserved winners.

4. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh dear, another disastrous second innings collapse. England had looked in good shapeat lunch and I thought they might salvage a draw but well bowled Pakistan. Still there have been a number of positives in the peformances of Bell and Collingwood; who both overcame subdued summer peformances and subsequent criticism to demonstrate their long-term potential. Well done to both of them and congrats to Pakistan for registering a famous victory.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

At least NZ isn't the only cricket team getting destroyed over the weekend. Not only did England get thrashed completely, but Paul Collingwood might have done enough to get reselected!

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Gee takes a bit of the Ashes then :D :D especially considering how well we played against Pakistan last series*.

@Barmy - they [Aussie selectors] gave Hussey a shot and he's already scored a couple of centries. After his first one the media predicted that he would be the fifth Aussie to be dropped after making a centry (and be replaced by langer, who had just gotten over his rib injury). Anyway they dropped Clark instead and Langer is batting middle order.

[EDIT] sorry - we played @ home, so the results arn't directly comparable.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Hussey is a brilliant player, I've said before a few times that he should have been in the test side before now. I've always rated him and I honestly think he'll turn into Aussies best batsman. He can defend with the best of the, but also slap a few runs when it's necessary. He's very much a complete batsman.

8. Harbourboy

Hussey is the hottest batsman in world cricket at the moment.

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@Barmy - yeah its good to see such a good player in the side. Its a pitty that they waited this long. Mitchell Johnsons going to replace Lee for the last Chappell-Hadlee one-dayer. Lee requires minor nasal surgery. I would have prefered Gillespie to be in it, considering his recent form - at the moment there are no South Aussies in the side. Shaun Tait is fine to bowl now, but needs to work on his throwing arm a bit (for fielding). Still change is good!
    Has the English team changed much since the Ashes?

10. Harbourboy

Wow. Just seen the second of the two greatest one days games I have ever seen. NZ set 332 to win. An impossible target. And they do it with an over to spare! Set a new world record for the highest successful run chase in history. Absolutely astounding, coming only a few days after they fell 2 runs short of chasing a target almost as big. Wow.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Nice, go New Zealand! :D I'm chuffed that they won, it's always good to see the Oz lose. Well done shiny tops :) .

Pakistan will have to do something almost as massive, we just set them 328 to win ;).

12. Harbourboy

Well, Pakistan gave it a good go, but not as good as New Zealand. You need Styris and McCullum if you're going chase a score like that. Amazing that we did it pretty much without Fleming (who got 0) and Cairns (who got 6) and Astle (who got 14).

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    I was a bit worried until Inzamam got out, they were looking good until then and that was crucial. Good to finally beat these guys even if it's only one day.
    Weekend belongs to NZ though, good old Scot Styris! Shows they can do it when they apply their minds to it.

14. Harbourboy

Easy win for Pakistan in the next one dayer. What is the point of having Vikram Solanki coming in at number 10?

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    That was crap.
    Solanki was our super sub after our batting collapse; should have subbed him at 6 or 7 though if you ask me, when it was obvious non of our remaining batsmen were going to get many runs - give him more time.

16. Harbourboy

Ouch, another even bigger thrashing by Pakistan over England. That is a massive one day score!

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Utter ****. Not good enough England, simple as. Sort it!

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jimmy Anderson and Ian Blackwell (he used to live near me; claim to fame!) claimed 7 wickets between them to get England a narrow consilation victory. O' God, it is bad if we have to turn to those two pie throwers. The England cricket teams empire has taken a serious pummelling on this tour. You can blame the conditions or whatever you like, but our performances were just appalling at times. This was echo's of England pre-Vaughan: hopeless.

Time to regroup, lick our wounds, sort ourselves out and get our selfs ready for India, because that will be even harder against Dravid, Sehwag, Singh, Kumble and company *sigh*.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well, well Pakistan just hammered India by 341 runs to win the series 1-0. That England series loss to Pakistan doesn't look so bad now, Pakistan area really firing on all cylinders.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.