1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party of the little people

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Sep 13, 2005.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:( felinoid !!! I'm gonna go crazy having to wait till 1/17 for the next update :eek:
    hmm , i was gonna say i would pull my hair out waitng that long but i dont have any ! :D
    dang , 27 days and counting :bang:

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Is IWD hogging up your writing time? I'm concerned about your cliffhanger, so post something *soon*! :)

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Hehehe, I'm suprised you haven't just figured it out; I did leave a clue. ;) And IWD has been taking up a bit of my writing time, but part four has been ready for weeks, and I'll post it Monday when I should be back at school. I've already played completely through Chapter 4 as well, so I just need to catch up on the writing of it this weekend. I'll probably drop IWD soon anyway (for a little while) since the relative lack of plot is getting to me.

But anyway, expect it in three days. And interestingly enough, it comes with its own semi-cliffhanger, as you'll see on Monday. :grin:

4. Felinoid

Bad news. It seems the building will be closed for MLK day tomorrow ( :doh: How could I have forgotten that?!), so part four will have to wait until Wednesday. Only 60.5 hours to go! :hahaerr: :o To make up for it, here's some dirt on the Twisted Rune, which I did just before leaving Athkatla.

It was surprisingly easy. I got lucky with traps, and Jan managed to successfully set two in the entryway while Alora managed all three of hers. The lich never did a thing, and while it was dying from the long-term effects of five trap hits, the berserker guy was getting slaughtered by the rest of us. When noone else came, I considered myself lucky and edged out a bit. Mazzy managed to catch the beholder's many eyes, and soon it was a missile battle between the six of us and the beholder. I had to take a moment to heal everyone, and then I charged the vampire to the right. He went down pretty quickly, but someone must have gotten the wizardress's attention, because pretty soon we were in a Timestop.

But nothing happened. The interface just sat there frozen for about twenty seconds, and I was about to roll my cursor over a portrait to check when everything came back to life and we finished killing the vampire. Now I froze, expecting to hear some chanting or something, but all I heard was Korgan's usual complaint about drowning; it turns out we were out of range of the wizardress by the time she finished casting her spell. With her being the only one left, we rushed her too, and a little True Sight gave her away easily. We wrested the Staff of the Magi from her hands with little difficulty and returned from whence we came.

5. Felinoid

Alright. Part Two of Chapter Four is now up after being reconstructed (note to self: ALWAYS remember to save before turning off laptop :doh: ), and it looks like the Chapter will be a three-parter. I went pretty nuts with the alterations to this chapter, and with a more yet to go, I can only imagine what my twisted mind will come up with. :nuts: ;) Hopefully you'll like it, though.

So, was anybody surprised about the tanner incident? :grin:

Anyway, dirt. Hmm, well I did everything in Brynnlaw except kill Perth. Nothing terribly hard. The SotM is pretty awesome for clay golem whacking, since you can just whack him and then re-invis., but I don't do that...much. I really hate the tight quarters of dungeons when you've got a full party to deal with and an equally numerous enemy, but it does provide some interesting tactical challenges.
    Um, see you Monday? :rolling:

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I was sort of let down that the cliffhanger ended with Neb. I felt I was watching the FR version of Dallas: 'Oh Quayle, you're still alive!'

'Yes Alora, it was only a dream.' :p

All I can say about the latest installment is - Tiax will rule all! :lol:

7. Felinoid

After accidentally adding Part Three at the end of Chapter Three instead of Chapter Four ( :doh: ), it's now in its proper place. And it seems I was mistaken about just about everything I said in my preivous post. :shake: Thanks to the enormous amount of character interaction that's developing in Spellhold, our entry alone comprises Part Three and it looks like the Chapter will now have five or more parts to it as I keep getting more ideas. (Dammit all! ;) ) I tried trimming it down on Monday, but it didn't work and I nearly missed the bus after losing track of time. So now it's Wednesday and you've got the part, completely made up from my own noggin since the game doesn't show you entering. Enjoy!

8. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Keep it coming then - it's pure fun Fel!

9. Felinoid

Well, have some more fun then. :D Part Four is up and ready to be read. It looks like I might be able to keep it down to five parts, but with the dream and the Slayer change and everything, I'm not sure. Either way, I should have Chapter Four finished by the end of next week. Naturally, Saemon won't show up (not that Quayle would have trusted him anyway), so we'll head straight to the Underdark. I've already got a bit planned (not to mention played; I just couldn't hold out), and it should be rather...interesting. :grin:

10. Felinoid

Damn it! It's going to be a six-parter now! :mad: All this writing is fun (for once in my life ;) ), but I want to get back to my game. :grin:

Sorry for the delay on this episode, but I've got a couple other projects going for SP too right now, so my time is a little stretched. Add to that some arrangements I'm helping make at home, and the story doesn't write itself like it used to. ;) But never fear, I will persevere. (Hey, that rhymes! :roll: )

Dirt's pretty slim, but there is some for the dream sequence. Bhaal was pretty hard, but I managed just fine with a haste spell and running for my life while flinging bullets from Everard's Sling and casting a couple other spells. The demon was a cr*p shoot, and I decided to leave that part of the story up to the game. So I rushed past him and told him I'd sacrifice health, wondering if I'd make it into the keep in time or not. The game gave me a rather firm NOT as my haste spell wore off right at the wrong moment. :lol: So Quayle's CON is down to 7, making no change in the game at all (there's no loss of HP until 6), but I figure I may sneak a cough or two into the story until he gets his soul back.

Hopefully more on Friday, but if not then you'll have to wait until Monday. (Feel my amazing power over you...go on, touch it! :shake: )

11. Felinoid

Ho...ly...****. This story is getting out of control. Part Six is up now, and Seven should be coming fairly soon. :xx: Not that it's a bad thing, since the words are flowing pretty well, but still this chapter is getting pretty long.

Not much to tell dirt-wise, but there's a nice surprise for you all in this one. I don't even know how that thing with Alora worked its way in there! :eek: (Seriously, I don't; it just happened. :whoa: ) I swear this thing is taking on a life of its own, and even I can't help but wonder which way it'll go next. :shake:

I'm kinda debating having Korgan die temporarily (he can always be raised) and having Quayle blame the death on the time he "wasted", but I'm not sure about it. What do you think?

12. Felinoid

Damn. Part Seven got so long I split it up, meaning that there are Parts Seven and Eight for you to read now. But if I were you I'd leave Part Eight for Friday, since I don't think I'll be at school that day (I have to take mom to a pre-op appointment that morning).

Still no dirt since this is just basic Spellhold with a lot more character interaction, but a question by one of my readers came up about the last part of the story, so I'll share the answer here in case anyone else is confused. :)

Anyway...Yay! :banana: Chapter Four is finally done! Now I can...wait, no I can't. I've already played up to entering Ust Natha, so I've still got more writing to do to catch up. Curse all those ideas I came up with! :mad: ;)

P.S. More feedback please. This thread's getting a little lonely. :(

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I've been saving up, you see, but if you want more compliments, I'll give 'em to you. :D

Alora and Quayle. Interesting. She must be over Monty then, poor soul.

What is the staff Quayle talks about? SotM?

Excellent as usual. :thumb:

14. Felinoid

Ah, Part Two of Chapter Five is up and Part Three is progressing nicely for Friday. And of course, our cliffhanger for the day is: "Did Quayle and company have to kill Adalon?" :grin: Sorry for the wait, but there were some family things (mom's operation et al.) that took precedence over writing time. And, horror of horrors, I've still not written up to the point I've played yet! (More curses on ideas and the sort...) :xx: But that should be taken care of once I've got Part Three done, and I can finally start playing again.
    Yay! :banana:

Not quite, but she's getting there. I'm not sure quite yet if it'll turn out to be a rebound for Alora or a full-fledged romance, and I probably won't know until Alora tells me herself. :nuts:
    Erm, yes and no. He is using the SotM in the game, but in the story it's actually the staff he liberated from Silke, imbued with the powers he could on the trip to Brynnlaw, giving it much of the SotM's powers. And, as you may have noticed, he called it Eklis. (Silke reversed. It sounded good, with both a hard sound and a sibilant one, and it's kind of appropriate IMO.) Something I've been kind of hinting at is that it is actually a sentient weapon, like Lilarcor but not so ridiculously stupid :p . I haven't quite decided yet on stats for the staff, which is probably a good thing as I may need to make them up as I go along for RP purposes. :D

15. Felinoid

Again sorry for the lack of postage, but RL's being a b**** lately. Part Three went up...about a couple weeks ago, so if you haven't looked at it, go do that.

Quick question for all of you: Do you want Quayle to have to fend off Phaere, or should she just overlook him since Mazzy AKA Veldrin is in charge? I'm leaning toward the latter mostly because I don't know how Quayle would catch her attention. (I do have a nastily suggestive way for Quayle to evade her clutches, but getting there is the problem.)

16. Felinoid

More RL and a big mess with my laptop going kaput, but it seems to be back on track now. Goo was royally screwed up, though, and there was nothing I could do. The install kept saying it was fine, but Goo would have no name, no Bio, no soundset, and even no visible lines in dialogue when I CLUAed in another one to see if he had a name. I was about to just go with a silent, unnamed Goo and curse Ghreyfain for his crappy mod when I thought of a real last-ditch thing I could do. I overwrote the dialog.tlk file with the one from my old drive. :eek:

It seems to have worked and I can't find anything it might have screwed up, so I'm hopefully optimistic that I haven't just ruined my game to the point where I'd have to re-install everything from scratch. And all for Goo. :shake: (I did keep the 'clean' dialog.tlk in another folder just in case that might work to reverse it, though.)

Not much progress on the story, I'm afraid, what with the kaputness and all, and my 'quick question' from the previous post still stands unanswered. What say you?

17. Felinoid

Slower going than usual, but part four is up now. And I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is still reading this OoC because still noone has answered my question about Quayle and Phaere. I'll repeat it again so you won't have to tire yourself by searching for it at the very bottom of the last page. :p

18. Gastong Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

im reading it, i've just never made it through spellhold in my own game

19. Felinoid

@Gastong:
    Then I daresay you ought to stop reading it for a while. The story is chock full of spoilers, and I wouldn't want to ruin the game for you. :bad:

20. Gastong Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

oh, i already know the whole story, perhaps that's why i can't stick to a game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.