1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Sep 6, 2005.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's what I was thinking. Sticky and sugary. Instant tooth decay.

3. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A pink dragon's breath weapon is known as the dreaded Cone of Cotton Candy (or Fairy Floss if youre in the UK). While kids love it, their parents loath the appearance of Pink Dragons.

"Dont go near that pink dragon, or youll ruin your supper!" Is a common expression in villages where pink dragons have their sugary hoards. :D

Pink dragons are also related to Fairy Dragons, and most likely familiars of female arcanists, and some very confident male arcanists.

When used as a weapon, Cone of Cottoncandy works much like the spell Webs. It also deals 1 point of damage to any teeth the mess comes in contact with, as well as leaving the target terribly sticky and an ant/bee magnet until it is washed off.

4. DarkStrider

(Shudder) Can you imagine it you've been candyflossed by a Pink Dragon you've managed to get your armour off; by yourself nobody's coming near you while you've got that stuff on you.

You've cleaned, buffed up your armour and then you find your sword is glued to your scabbard which is glued to your baldric. Your quiver of arrows is just one sticky mess with the arrows all stuck together and they won't come out now.

And how the hell did it get in my bag of holding all I can bring out now is handfuls of pink stuff sometimes with something solid in it..... :D

I know fortune favours the brave but if I see a pink dragon I'm outta there so fast you wouldn't believe it.

5. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Remember, SPAM is also pink...

6. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

lmao. Im not sure, but I think Cone of Spam could be alot more disgusting... can you imagine a dragon spewing tons of vienna sausages or that awful spam stuff at its target? :D

All I have to say is: ewww

7. DarkStrider

Now you're going to throw tins of Spam (vikings stand up in the cafe and start humming a rosuing chorus 'spam, spam, spam, lovely spam') I'm definitely not going near that pink dragon....

Have you got anything with a little less spam in it ? :lol:

8. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Yeah cottoncandy! hehe. *nods* I Like the cottoncandy alot better than the spam idea :)

9. Bion Gems: 21/31

And I'm only a first level Spammer/Pink Dragon Disciple...

Imagine the Spam HLAs Tal must possess! :mommy:

10. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

Cone of Cottoncandy (HLA): At this level it have the same effect as acid, it can instantly disintergrate metal, and can cause acne with in seconds.

Diabetics should also be very careful around pink dragons.

O_o

11. DarkStrider

I'm still running. I ain't stopping til I get to Black dragon territory and i'll ask nicely if I can hide there, they'll protect me if I give them enough gold/jewels.

Where's that mercenary guild now that I really need them...

I've got 1-800-ghostbusters hah hahah hahahhaha

12. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

But they arent evil! They are all of good alignments! And they are friendly too! Why do you think kids can go ruin their teeth when theres a pink dragon in the area? hehe.

If someone got plastered with cottoncandy its probly because they attacked the dragon first. :p

Which leads me too... what do pink dragons like to collect? Are they like magpies and borrower birds and will collect anything shiney and pretty? :)

13. DarkStrider

It;s precisely because they're pink, fluffy, cute, nice friendly and tooth-rotting that I want to gather them up in abig field and...... [censored]

The thought police have censored and gagged this dracolich Can't I just kill No get back in your cage and leave the nice fluffy ones alone

14. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Evil heretic!!

A pink dragon was the originator of the phrase "Wont you be my neighbour?" :D Ok so thats not the best of things that one could say... hehe

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Wh...yes they are!!! Pink is a color, chromatic dragons are evil. That means a pink dragon would want to be evil incarnate, and I think it very likely that one who could only spit cotton candy or spam would kill itself out of shame. Chromatic dragons don't do cutesy. :nono:

To summarize:
    pink = color = chromatic = evil :evil:

16. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

If you say so. But I think that pidgeon-holing races into evil/neutral/good is stupid... but then Im just a dumb girl what do I know? :p hehe

If you want to get *really* techinical, copper, gold, brass, and silver are colours too, and so they should be evil as well!

And theres a number of minerals and gems that are pink as well, dont think there are any metals that are pink naturally though.. unless you want to say that "red gold" can be pink :p

17. Bion Gems: 21/31

Well, according to this site, pink can also be the result of a number of alloys of gold/copper, gold/silver/copper, and silver/copper:

This site only lists admixtures with gold, and pink ones include, by % weight:

91.6% gold / 8.4% copper
    75% gold / 9% silver / 16% copper
    37.5 % gold / 20% silver / 42.5% copper

Which opens up the possibility that Tal is not actually a chromatic dragon ( :evil: ), but the result of some cross-species lovin' among different good metallic dragons ( :angel: ).

While in the former case, we could assume that Tal is currently impersonating a red dragon for some nefarious purpose, in the later case the reasons would be more complex. Possibly pink dragons, as non-purebreed metallics, have a hard time growing up among other metallics, and so Tal is impersonating an evil red as a way of acting out and exploring alternate identities...

But how either of these theories would explain the candy-floss / SPAM (candied SPAM?) breath weapon remains unknown...

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

That's actually my point. If they're good, then they should be called by a metallic name, as Bion suggested (though Alloy Dragon sounds a bit odd). But if they're neutral, like Taluntain, they would be gem dragons and would be called by a gem name. Which is why I still maintain my belief that Tal is a Ruby Dragon.

But if you persist in calling the species "pink", you must deal with the consequences of labeling them as chromatic, and therefore evil. :p

19. DreamingxAshley Gems: 5/31

candied spam!! LMAO, and again, ew! lol

Maybe thats just what you get... or maybe Tal has fairy-dragon heritage, since pinks are related to them...

20. Bion Gems: 21/31

Ahh, but DxA has and interesting point, doesn't she Fel...

Why color *is* a fairy dragon, actually. Isn't it possible that some might be pink? And fairy dragons are of good alignment... Fairy dragons would work with the "candy" theme... perhaps not so much with SPAM as a processed meat (SPiced hAM), but it would work with SPAM as an internet term, as fairy dragons are iirc known for mischief and trickery (such as, to pull an example out of the air, changing peoples taglines when they aren't looking :shake: )

Plus, "fairies" like to dress up they say, and Tal is arguably dressing up as a red dragon atm (a transcolored dragon, perhaps?)

So, it's possible that Tal isn't a chromatic dragon of the pink variety, and therefore evil, but rather a fairy dragon who just happens to be pink, and therefore good with mischievous, chaotic tendancies...

Remember, Puff the Magic Dragon was purple, but that didn't make him an evil chromatic Purple Dragon: just a magic dragon that happened to be purple. So everyone sing after me: "Tal the Fairy Dragon lived by the Shores of Lethe..."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.