1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Anomen: For or Against? (part 2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drathir Darthirii, Oct 10, 2005.

1. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*Hmph* For you infomation I am a girl (a very pretty one at that! :) ) and Come to the darkside...we have cookies is NOT a strange name! And I still think that Anomen is really cool! So there!

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

...I still say he's annoying. :)

Besides, he's only lvl 7, and he messed up all his weapon proficiencies. He should have atleast gotten grandmastery in Maces to make me consider taking him along...

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

No, my friend, no! Flails is where it's at, flails. Not in those crude wood + lump of metal conglomerations, but in crude wood + metal conglomerations with pointy bits!

Ooh, spikey... :evil:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Faraaz - He's not omniscient like us PCs. He probably put points in bastard sword and bow, working on those throughout his fighting career. When the time came to take up his clerical duties, little did he know that Helm may like swinging a bastard sword around, but the neutral god doesn't like his clerics swinging one around. :lol:

:confused: Why did I just come up with a sensible background for Anomen's weapon profs? I must me :nuts: in the head.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Anomen says in his banters with Jan that he killed a Wywern with a spear in his fighter days so he had proficiencies in spears too? Sounds lame though. He may be just lying like Jan. :p

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I find his little stories amusing. :D They are so overly-exaggerated and most likely untrue. Then he asks you about whether the stories he's heard about you are true. He dosen't believe them.

@come2the darkside...wehave cookies
    Totally agree with you. :D Go Anomen! :D :D :D

7. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

@shadow lurker - Thanks! :)

I have to admit that some of the things that he says are seem a little false, but everyone loves a mad with a little bit of mystery, don't they?!?!

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

@come2the darkside...wehavecookies

Hmm I see your point, and I am sorry if I annoyed you by one way or another.

I admit, from a pretty girl (like you)'s perspective, Anomen may be cool, but to me he sucks hard. :angel:

9. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like Anomen - strong, interesting personality, unique storyline, cleric...what more do you want?

I prefer CN Ano to LG, even though the first time I played the game I hadn't the heart to take him down the bad road. I know what I missed out on now.

LG Ano sucks, CN Ano rules, is basically what I'm saying.

But...what's with the tunic?!?!

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

In the flirt packs, you mean? Nothing, Anomen's just shy. :o :grin:

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes, he is not only annoying he is also shy in his flirts! :p

12. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

13. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ack! somebody tried to give him depth and make him shy? That so goes against his romance. Specially with as many times late in it that he ends it with taking your character to bed with the implication of not for sleeping.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I don't think it goes against his romance. Anomen's been hanging around mostly guys in the Order and the few women brush him off. Ever talk to the female RH member who gets hit on by Garrick? She pretty much laughs Anomen off when he talks to her.

I feel Anomen is shy due to his insecurity - no stable family life and his mother and sister weren't very forthright in their mannerisms around him. Cor ruled with an iron fist. Listen to the one time Anomen gets the courage (thanks to the PC) to not put up with his father's garbage attitude. After a couple exchanged barbs, Cor drops the gauntlet and Anomen backdown like a whipped puppy. :nono:

With Cor as his male example in his formative childhood and RH members who feel duty comes before all, does it really surprise anyone that Anomen is a brash, aggressive braggart? :shake:

:doh: WTF am I doing? Why do I keep tossing out my formulae of BG NPCs' backgrounds? Others here must be just as imaginative as myself.

15. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Aww. it's ok Keumper. At least it's insightful to read.

16. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

@kuemper - not tunic in the flirtpacks, tunic with CN Ano when you sleep with him. He says something like, "I shall remove my tunic and you can gaze upon my body, honed through years of exertion".

I don't think Ano is THAT shy - he is quite forward occasionally. Still, he does get embarrassed quite a bit...

[ November 14, 2005, 21:12: Message edited by: Moon Elf ]

17. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

@Moon Elf - Hahaha. Coolness

18. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Moon Elf
    Oh yes, I remember that...It was quite wierd...(at first :D )

19. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

Let's step SLOWLY away from the tunic and raise our hands before it engulfs us with tunicness... :)

Anywho. Anything else about Mr Orc? OTHER than the tunic?!

20. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

I think the tunic shows that he is still proud and arrogant even while trying to impress your character... :D
    Okay, okay I'll stop...*cough cough* :D
    Have I mentioned that I like his banter with Edwina? The one where he offers to champion her at the next tournament? That was so hilarious! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.