1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Best Bond?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Kilted Crusader, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Ha got me! :D

I am shaken Not sturred :1eye:

OF course Connery is the real James Bond. He started the whole thing-

But I´like the British approach to the role with Moore, more than the Connerish approach to the role with Connery... Did that make sense?
    I prefer to see Bond as a stereotypic Brittain rather than an individualist. Connery is the best actor though. No doubt. :thumb:

Anyway Cheers mate, enjoy your fine brew :)

[ December 11, 2002, 17:33: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I grew up with Roger Moore.

And I watched part of a Sean Connery one (I think it was Thunderball or something) and thought he was a loser.

But then, later, I watched the Sean Connery ones. And I'd learned enough by then to realize my mistake.

Connery and Pierce are natural athletes. And it shows in their movements, just like a ballerina. They make better Bonds.

If you asked me who was the better Bond between the two, I don't know. 1962 vs. 1999. That's over 30 years difference in the filmage. Let alone the actors. Special effects are neat, but they are both outstanding actors. I might go so far as to say Connery is a better dynamic actor (one that can do drama, horror, action, suspense, passion, military), but Pierce hasn't done nearly as many movies, so that one is still up for a rather large debate.

Roger Moore isn't bad. And, in all actuality, neither is Lazenby.

Dalton, on the other hand, was FAR superior in The Rocketeer than he was as 007.

Bondage != Dalton

Thank God.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i think the best bond is the bonds in H2O. Everyone knows how H2O is so important to living creatures. And on top of that, H2O bonds are relatively easy to analysis. As you can see, the two bonds form a 120 degree angle which could...
    ohh, forgive me, wrong reply. (Lame isn't it?)

i would go for Sean and Pierce. i really cannot choose between the two because their acting in Bond movie are equally good. Meaning that they both showed their unique versions of Bond which are equally impressing. If i have to choose, i will choose Pierce because the Chinese actress (Michelle Yeoh) in Tomorrow Never Dies is Malaysian and i am Malaysian too (Irrelevant isn't it?).

4. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'd have to say Pierce, but Connery is good too.

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] :shake: Teekc
    Hydrogen Bonds. hehe
    Its the Bonds between the different water molecules that are interesting. They are shorter than the assumed Van der Waals distance.

Anyway the angle between the two Hydrogens is 104,5 degrees. I don't know where you got the 120.

*can't stop smiling at Teekc comment for the rest of the day* :1eye:

6. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ah, the neverending debate of "Which Bond is really Bond?" Come on, people, it's not that hard. We all know that Sean Connery r0ckerz! I mean, he's the quintessential Bond. All other Bonds were created in his image and all of them come up lacking. I mean, Pierce is the closest to him. I tell ya, he was handsome back then, and even now in his golden years, he's still handsome! That's Bondness right there! Heh, so 'tis Sean and that wonderful Scottish accent.

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It just came to my mind right before i typed it.

8. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Since I hate James Bond films I'll have to vote on their performances in other films....Sean Connery wins ;)

9. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'll have to go with Connery, then Moore. Sean is definitly the best of the bunch, but Roger Moore was also very good. At times, almost slapstick in his comedy. Almost.

Roger Moore. The Moore,the better.
    Just something one of my local Television stations used to call the Bond marathons. :)

[ December 19, 2002, 21:42: Message edited by: Kam ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.