1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Boring sports

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Snooker. Golf at least has tense moments, and I get to see the sunshine. :D

2. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

No one has mentioned cycling! How can people watch, in person or on TV hours of people riding bikes around?

Cycling, golf, baseball, soccer, auto racing (especially on an oval like Nascar and IRL, at least F1 cars turn right once in a while) and any other sport where you get a highlight every half hour or so (if that many!) is what SportsCenter was designed for! A 1/2 hour TV show that gives you all best plays from the all the sporting events of the day! That is the way to watch these yawn-fests!

Of course it is a amazing what a few pints will do for watching boring sports like these, especially if you are at the local public house and there are a few enthusiastic, comely lasses to flirt with! :beer: :happy: :grin:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now that is true. I think channels like ESPN and Sky Sports almost rely on this fact to support their Sunday afternoon schedules.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I could not agree more. I watched the olympic cycling last year when I was horribly bored and found out that that half of my brain had died before the end. It was like four hours with nothing significant happening and only the last half hour of the competition was worth watching.

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The Tour de France is epic! I love it. It's tradition that I watch it with my dad every summer, the commentary by the presenters is vital though.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, can I help you :lol:

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I enjoy watching golf, but thats because I love golfing. But I do get bored from it.

I voted for football (and I hope it means soccer). No offense, I played it in high school and it was fun, but watching soccer is like watching curling to me. Not enough happens.

Curling, tennis, autoracing, cricket, rugby, baseball, and so on join with soccer though.

I guess the only sports I do watch are football (NFL, CFL), I love watching the defensive plays and such. Hockey but thats a given seeing how I live and breathe the game.

8. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Curling, uh, I forgot about that one, thanks for the memory. :sleep:

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I said football, and it goes for American football or soccer. American football is annoying because play stops every 8 seconds, and soccer is boring because the fields are too damn big! Half the game is everyone chasing after the ball, and when someone finally does get it, they kick it away from everyone!

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Some types of cycling can be super exciting. When Sarah Ulmer broke the women's world 5000m pursuit record at the Athen's Olympics we were all glued to our TVs. It was awesome stuff.

I think it always helps if you are supporting one of the teams / competitors involved because then you care a bit more about the result. Most sport is boring if you don't care who wins.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    easily! Sports you know are always easier to watch than unfamiliar ones. The strategy of cycling never occurred to me until I started doing long-distance cycling on my own.

12. Harbourboy

Some of those cycling events are really technical, like the one where the teams ride around the velodrome slowly then every so often go really fast and get points for lapping other people.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think the olympics are boring, because the televised content (without paying for expensive sports channels) is sports that you can see normally anyway - football, basketball, iceskating etc. If they showed archery, fencing, taekwando, kickboxing, judo I would be personally more interested.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You have to pay extra to see olympic sports. We get to see every sport (granted usually if their is a dutchie playing) live and for free.

I love the olympics, it's a wide array of different sports, what's not to like.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If the more 'unusual' sports from the Olympics were televised then I would love to watch them, but if football is on pretty much all year round (which I find boring anyway), then why would I be interested in seeing an Olympic version?

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Agree about cycling (boring) and disagree about snooker (interesting); those shots can be really difficult and it is interesting to see how they "solve" all the balls into the pockets.

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I kind of wanted to select them all, as IMHO sports are lame to watch. I went with golf, but seriously, I'd rather play something than watch it.

And to be honest, I'd rather not even play -- I'd rather read a good book, snuggle with a hot woman, go to a restaurant, or something similar.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, why watch sports when you can spam on SP while complaining about how boring those sports are?

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Tennis, though Golf comes a close second.

20. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Curling is awsome!

I voted for golf, along with F1, American Football and Baseball (including Finnish Baseball) are probably the most boring sports to watch.

Basketball is fun to play, but it's not fun to watch two teams throw the ball through the hoop 50 times per game, each. Soccer and Ice Hockey are great though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.