1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Boring sports

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

LKD - you don't want to play or watch any sports? You think they're ALL lame? You're missing out on a whole world of fun, mate.

It is possible to enjoy sports AND read books, seduce hot women, and stuff yourself at a good restaurant. Unless, of course, you work three jobs or something and have no spare time.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

You'd need three jobs to be able to afford to do that stuff...

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@Apeman:- White men can jump! (O.K. we only have 10ft (3m) rings here.)
    I don't have too much against soccer (having played it for 2 years), but one think I dislike is how prolific draws are, and even more so how a game can be decided through a penalty shoot out - it leaves the previous 90 min almost obselete.

I find it very fun shooting every 10 seconds or so as it creates a need to be able to play both ends of the court and run with the ball and play an acive role in the game all of the time (I remember half freezing to death in the defensive half in a game of soccer while I watch on). Also the stratergy and plays invloved to getting to the shooting part can be very complicated, especially whilst playing a tough opponent.

Also, whilst jumping in the "air do 20 backflips and ram that ball in" there is not much that your opponent can do to stop you without conceeding a foul.

P.S. I know I'm a tad late on the retort

@Myth - Vollyball is not there because it is really, really, really fun to play, and, as Wirhe pointed out, it is really, really, really fun to watch if it's a womens match.

I suppose there are interesting and exiting moments in all sports, last Olympics I even found the last five minutes of a cycling event compelling (We won the gold after overtaking the leader in the last 15m - and the oppont still thought that she was in front). The odd golf highlight has left me awestruck and I have been thoroughly entertained by the odd tennis highlight.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.