1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Chose the trials

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thing is.... although the 'evil' rewards are by far the more useful (the majority of the time) i doesnt half **** up your alignment!

I was Neutral Good when i entered, and left Neutral Evil i think O_o

2. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd have to agree that resistances are a good thing to be snatching up at the opportunity. In Soa, sure, there's more than enough pure physical combat and if you get hit with a spell it's usually not the end of the world. However, when you get into a world where every spellcaster is a demigod in its own right, you might be reconsidering your choices.

Personally I just like to go through and play my character as I would react to the situations myself. Therefore, I usually came out with a nearly equal ratio of good/evil responses. What they needed was more options for neutrality! Even if there had just been one more test so someone could find a balance or something.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Shazamdude

It's possible to get a much higher wisdom that that if you go through BG1.

There are three books of wisdom in BG1, so you can get your Wisdom up to 21. Regardless of which path you take in the trials, you will up it to 22. Finally, I believe you can use a ioun stone for +1, and Lum's machine to raise it one, meaning you should be able to get a wisdom as high as 24.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Deathmage, I mean CE. I know it was a bug, it's just a strange bug.

5. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Pride:
    I'd save, kill the dragon (I like killing dragons) and reload. Then I'd take the good path, since I'm a sorcerer, I don't need the con, the experience means nothing and I can't remember if these items are good, but since you didn't even mention them, I guess not.

Greed:
    What I would actually do is pickpocket blackrazor and still take the good path. But even if I couldn't do that, I'd still take the good path, because there will be much better swords available than blackrazor and the MR is much nicer.

Selfishness:
    This one is hard, but I think I'll take the good path. If I fail to make a saving throw, my best character is out and the battle turns endlessly tougher. And if something is powerful enough to kill me fast enough, then I guess 15 hp isn't going to matter much either.

Fear:
    Definitely good.

Wrath:
    It's either WIS and CHA or STR and INT. I don't really need any of those, but WIS would be the nicest. Good.

Although if I would play a fighter, I would chose the evil path more often.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.