1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you wear glasses?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't wear glasses now, but apparently my eyesight might get worse in a couple of years, making glasses necessary.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Seems like most people here wear glasses, myself included. Just bought new ones last week for using PC and reading. Otherwise I use these slightly stronger, frameless glasses that also change colour between dark grey and transparent.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, I wear glasses, most of the day (I am far sighted). Don't need them when I'm sleeping though....

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Indeed I do and permenantly.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Yup. And it's getting worse and worse slowly but surely.

If I had the dough, I'd go get a laser or lasik operation in a heartbeat, even if the effects wouldn't last forever.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have two large magnifying glasses duct-taped together, and held to my face by rubber bands... :eek: :shake:

No really...I just have regular glasses. I've had them since I has 8 years old, and I've hated them ever since. :bang:

I want to get laser eye surgery, but I want to wait until after I'm 25...you know, to see if my eyes continue to get worse. I’ve had the same prescription for the past 3 years now...so things are looking good for the afore mentioned surgery. :thumb: :rolling:

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Nope. I'm the only one in my family without glasses...but I think my eyesight is getting a little bad...

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm niot great at seeing distances and should wear glasses. But I never do, I hate them. I suppose I should sort myself some contacts out but I never get around to it. I don't really like the idea of them either to be honest...

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I only use mine for driving and batting. I would get that laser surgery but it'r pretty expensive. A friend of mine is a journalist and he got his laser surgery for free as part of writing a story about it. Lucky!

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nope dont need glasses, neither do my parents. If i did i probably wouldnt have laser surgery, id be too scared of any risk, its not as if needing glasses is any kind of disability these days.

11. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yup I use my glasses. All the time, the last ten years.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This one is just too personal. I mean really -- I'll share my underwear with y'all, but not facial wear.

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    So do I: :cool:

But I must confess I'm at a loss, is the adverb "only" synonymous in this particular sentence with "buffing" like in the popular expression "in the buff"? Not "blind man's buff" of course.

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wear them permanently for about 2 or three years now, I guess. There are somewhere near -1.25.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

nope. eagle eyes here :cool:

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Like Master of Nuhn, I wear them permanently... it's welded to my face. :grin: Seriously, I've been wearing glasses for the last 3 decades.

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Like 58% of people here, I wear my spectacles permanently. Shortsightedness just can't be worked around like longsightedness can (most of the time), although at -4 (ish) I'm not as bad as some, I guess. I've never liked the idea of contacts, and appearance doesn't bother me - in fact, as I've had glasses since I was 7, I find pictures of me without them somewhat disturbing. I think they just fit my face, tbh.

I also have zero patience for people who complain about not being able to read things "because I haven't brought my glasses". :rolleyes: How pathetic! How people can expect things to be in font the size of a wall just because they're too lazy/vain to wear their glasses... surely you should realise that, if you have to wear glasses to correct poor vision, wearing them when you need to use your vision to read things would be a good idea? :mad:

That's it, I've worked in a shop far too long if I'm letting this stuff wind me up that much... :shake:

18. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I voted occasionaly. Fact is, i almost never wear them in the last two years, while i did wear them for three previous years. My left eye corrected it's longsightedness to almost zero while the right one's worse than before. My brain seem to have focused on the left one though, so i dont need them anymore. Almost no need for the right one anymore, except for judging distances... i should get an eye implant ala borg style :borg: :lol:

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    No glasses here, but my eyes are gettting worse so maybe next year :D ! :aaa:

20. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I really should be wearing glasses, but don't.. The thing is that I first got my glasses when I was 18, and they really annoy me... I did need them for school as I often got headaches from concentrating on reading stuff on the boards, but I can't bare to wear 'em for more than some minutes... They irritate my nose, you see, and I don't have the patience to getting used to them :p .

I can't see bus-numbers and the likes before they get really up-close, so I'll probably have to wear them when I get a car; otherwise I'd be a danger in the traffic ;) .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.