1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite beer

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Chose Budweiser, as it's my default, when nothing else is calling out to me. My personal favorite, however, is Shiner Bock. After that is Guiness.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

From what I've heard, I wonder why Sorvo hasn't made himself known in this yet. :hmm:

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Strongbow was named after a gay Norman archer that dethroned a famous knight (John de Courcy) in Ireland, so that automatically makes it a cool English cider :D

4. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Of those, Kilkenny - though I rarely see it on sale now-a-days.
    My usual choice of beer in the pub is the one I haven't tried yet. However, a fair amount of the London/Anglia pubs are part of a chain so my choice is often Directors (Fullers) or Old Speckled Hen (Green king).

Maloevae
    I prefer Chimay myself but you can't buy it by the pint. If you like a strong beer, try gold label at 13% (Actually described as a barley wine).

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Tha Ofelix:
    [Intimidate] Throws glare at TNO
    [Failed] :shake: Nice try.

Anyways, catch ya later... gotta cast off for school...

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Miller Lite, slightly different from this one.

[ October 11, 2005, 17:05: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

From those in the list, it has to be Guinness. I also like any good German weiss... :beer:

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Yes indeed, the competent source can be proud of her country just this once. :p

Chimay, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Kriek (girl's beer that, but still good:p), Rodenbach, Westvleteren Abbey beer and on and on and on.

We always say the best cure for sleeplessness is a good abbey beer before going to bed. Too bad I didn't get to test that when I had sleeping problems. :shake:

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I don't even need to see the list (stupid bloody over-aggressive popup blocker!) to know that my favorite beer isn't included.

Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewing Company of Oregon.

Close second: MacTarnahan's Ale, from the Portland Brewing Company, also of Oregon.

10. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I voted Hoegarden, but I haven't tried all beers on the list. I usualy buy whatever's on sale/tap, but I prefer Karhu (Finnish brand), there are probably better beers out there but it's pretty cheap and does what it's supposed to. :D

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    WHAT?!?! No Dixie Blackened Voodoo?!?!

Guess I'll just have to choose Guiness then.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Out of the ones listed, then Guinness for a little drink, or Grolsch to get drunk on. I can't get drunk on Guinness because it gives me minging hangovers. Carling is my fave on the tap though.

13. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, I don't drink that much, but from time to time, I choose Quilmes, is Argentinian and it's imported here in Spain, sometimes I have some Mexican's Coronita. Those are, IMHO, better than the other that I tasted (most of all from the list).

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, of those listed, Hoegaarden is the absolute bomb, although you have about a 0.01% chance of finding a place in the U.S. that serves it. Honestly, I know of exactly one location that sells the stuff where you can actually purchase it on a regular basis.

As a result, I can't really consider that my favorite beer, as I have since moved, and that place is now located about four hours away by car.

For beer that I can actually purchase on a somewhat regular basis, I'd go with Yuengling Lager. Personally, I think that the American beer choices got a bum rap there. You only picked the biggest of the macro breweries (and even then you missed Miller). The best American beers are typically the ones that are not nearly as massed produced, but still would probably be considered macro-brews because they are available across the country. In addition to Yeungling, Sam Adams is very good (I thought for sure that would be Chandos' favorite).

15. Disciple of The Watch

Well, in this small poll Guiness clearly stands out as a favorite. You guys have taste!

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Grolsch, for both 'Het Kannon' and the bokbier they sell every autumn

17. Disciple of The Watch

Bleh, I no longer can stand to look at Kokanee. Drank too much. Bleh.

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Where are Cobra and Tiger beer? True, you rearely see them being sold outside an Indian restaurant, but they are excellent beers.

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

And Kingfisher for that matter.

20. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Karhu is what I prefer to drink too :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.