1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite Character

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by ender, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Matt_Frank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Artemis Entreri & Zagor-te-nay

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Yay Zagor! It's been a while - but those were great!

4. Magus Dregoth Anaraque Gems: 1/31

Of all of the characters I read on this board, I didnt find one of my favorites... Pikel Bouldershoulder from the Cleric Quintet. Oo Oi!
    Another good character would have to be... Prince Elbereth from the sam series named before.
    Another good character is Drizzt. he can get boring after so many books, but he is still a great character, so is his father Zaknafien.
    Another Good Character would be Goldeye from Garth Nix's book, Shade's Children.
    Okay, I have said 'another good character' to many times now, there are so many more 'good characters' I can't name them all. Peace.

5. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jason Bourne----Book not movie
    Gandalf
    Nameless One
    Fall-from-Grace
    Drizzt
    Rudy

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    To me, the best fantasy book characters are those from Dragonlance. All of the characters are complex, nuanced, three dimentionnal. Specially Raistlin, Tanis and Sturm. They are fighting with inner anguist. Strum's lawful side is always in conflict with his good side. And Raistlin, well, he's Raistlin. Tormented between loyalties, at least in the first three novels.
    I must also admit that Legolas and Aragorn are both very interesting characters. They are also two people I would'nt mind having as bodyguards ;)

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Reading the Tales of Fire & Ice right now, and I really like Bran & Jon Snow.

Don't tell me, but I'm hoping they emerge as the real heros of the whole thing (Only 1/2 way through Clash of Kings right now, so no spoilers ;) )

8. monkey Gems: 6/31

The Ice and Fire books are excellent. Can't wait for book 4.

Chade and Verity from Farseer trilogy (FitzChivalry might be there but he gets hurt too often)
    Ged from Earthsea Quartet
    Prince Sanglant and Alain from Crown of Stars series

I've just started the Wheel of Time books and Lan and Thom are both great.

9. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Drizzt
    Zaknafein
    legolas
    conan the barbarian
    imoen

10. Tesserus Gems: 1/31

Thats a tough one. Everyone loves reading about Raistlin. Who doesn't enjoy when Drizzt bests his foe? And Elminster of course. Everybody likes him.

But the best fantasy character ever would have to be.. no wait. Nevermind. It is Raistlin after all. :)

11. Gurtha a'coia Gems: 1/31

Raistlin is cool, but I prefer Elminster. Raistlin is smart but not as much as he thinks he is. Elminster loves magic. Raistlin says he would do anything for magic but the truth is, he loves only the powers magic gives him. One can see it from the choice he makes at the end of the trilogy of the twins: realising he needs people with less power than he possesses. Elminster may not be much smarter than Raistlin he is a lot wiser. Anyway both are great.

I can not believe some people prefer Legolas to Gandhalf. Maybe that is because I love mages so much.

12. Tesserus Gems: 1/31

I spent a good day thinking about this and I am going to have to retract my selection. The character that I enjoy reading about the most would have to be Astinus from Dragonlance.

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Thibbledorf Pwent :lol: - Nothing better than a dwarf battlerager that likes to bath in his enemies blood! It helps to keep his armor from grating...

Sturm Brightblade or Lord Soth from DL
    There was a Ravenloft novel about Soth - "Knight of the Rose" or something like that....It was a good book!

Buliwyf - From Michael Crichton's "Eaters of the Dead"

Boromir or Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth for Lord of the Rings

Turin Turambar or Feanor from the Simarillion

Lan Mandragoran and Elayne Trakand from Wheel of Time - Lan is just a bad, bad man!

Top of my head...I'll have to think about others...

Sci-Fi:

Mara Jade - a hottie and Luke's wife

Admiral Thrawn - I loved him in the Star Wars books and the TIE fighter game too!

Ender Wiggin - Great book!

more later...

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited July 25, 2002).]

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Bel... Feanor is one of my favorites too. I had a P&P fighter named after him and *thought* it was an original name for me. (Sheesh, Feanor, Durendal, this freaks me out).

What book is the blood drinking dwarf from? Sounds like the kind of reading I need to get me throught CH 11 of real life! :good:

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    He's in the Dark Elf Trilogy IIRC...Whichever one has the Battle for Mithral Hall and the attack of the Drow. He's a blast! A minor character, but fun nonetheless!

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I think he's from the Legacy of the Drow. A coplete lunatic - his approach to unarmed combat is unique.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Book 4? I was under the impression that this was a trilogy! :wail: I can't take another series that will never end!!! (aka Jordan, Goodkind, etc)

18. monkey Gems: 6/31

I know the feeling.

Yes I am pretty sure there is another Ice and Fire book coming out. Can't remember exactly where I read it but I have a feeling its coming out in January. I've got all the books so far and it definitely isn't complete.

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmm, I would go for Gandalf, because his history and his personality (not because he is so powerful)

20. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Jack Ravenwild-City of Ravens

Tass Burrfoot, Earwig Lockpicker, and Uncy Trapspringer-Dragonlance

Last but definitely not least Artemis Entreri, not because he is evil, but because of his depth of character, dexterity, and his +5 DAGGER!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.