1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Homosexuality: Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Eze, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

well I agree with nobleman on this one :)

And actually I dont see why anyone would care to mess in other people's love life

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Gay men are the best! :D For every gay couple there are two available women for every straight dude :D Can it be any better?
    Lesbians on the other hand! :evil: :flaming: Sure it is nice and cuddly and all that **** but they are stealing OUR women!!! It shouldnt be legal I tell you! ;)

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

There's nothing wrong with admiring a man, even for being muscular. However, our genitals were shaped that way for a reason. Perhaps there might a genetic reason for it, but I think that although love is great, homosexuality in essence is wrong.

4. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What, might I ask, makes it wrong? To say it is unnatural is ignorant, to say the least. After all, there is homosexuality amongst other animals as well. We are no more evolved or better than any other animals. We have simply gone in another direction, one we see as superior. Our population is steadily growing as it is, so why is it a horrible thing to have a percentage of the population not having children? Perhaps it is nature's own population control method, along with the obvious other methods.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm putting Godwin's Law at the 95 percentile on this one, so far.

6. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Heh. Sol'Kanar, to say it is unnatural is an understatement.

Learn a little about what happens during homosexual "sex." It's completely unnatural.

And humans have a higher incidence of homosexuality than any other species.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The thing I don't like about it is that some of them seem to think that they must go parading around anouncing it to the world. I don't run around yelling "I'm straight!" at the top of my lungs, why do they?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Because they're a minority, and a minority that doesn't draw attention to itself becomes obscure in the minds of the majority, or non-existent at all, making anyone who is not part of the majority a highly dangerous deviant. I'd think this is pretty obvious to most people...

9. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Interesting that the poll results are not really reflected in the debate, but there you go. Not enough "bads" being owned up to.

Still, personally, I'm in the don't care camp (no pun intended). Let people do what makes them happy, it really isn't anyone elses business. Having said that, I must confess that seing two guys holding hands / kissing etc in public makes me a little uncomfortable. It's simply not something I'm used to since I don't tend to frequent gay haunts. Still, I don't have to stare either.

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

This is an off topic post, to do something I've not done in SP in a looong time.

*Spots righteous paladin/servant of god/hero/dogooder/ trash.*

*walks right up and chops off Padeen's head.*

Bah. No god/deity should tell people how they are to live.

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Heck, I do not even believe in god, but i agree, Shura. No one can tell people how they live their lives.

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You mean that species of monkeys (can´t really get their name), they´re having "you know what" with their children and other animals as well.
    But when humans do that it´s bad

(Not that I´m homophobe or something, but it´s not really an good argument)

13. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31

Actually, the most "homosexual" mammal is a species of bats, whose name eludes me at this time. Perhaps what happens during homosexual sex is not what one's organs were designed to do, but that does not make the act inherently unnatural. After all, it isn't something one simply chooses to do.

14. Kooran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Wow Okay.

First of all, those monkeys aren't monkeys. They're apes and they're called binobos. They're a close relative of chimpanzees which means they're a close relative of us. (Chimpanzees share 98% of our DNA, so binobos must be pretty close.)

Second, binobos, as far as I've ever heard, haven't been documented having sex with their children or other animals. They do frequently have what we'd consider heterosexual and homosexual sex purely for the pleasure of it. It is a way of saying, "Oh, sorry I stole your banana" to them.

Binobos aside, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. We're the only species which has supposed "orientations" and most psychologists will tell you it's more like humans are naturally bisexual --as the binobos-- but have established pointless cultural taboos that have turned sexuality into an intensely personal, feared, secretive subject.

I often go to messageboards and give advice on sex and sexuality and teenagers' (and adults, sometimes even!) ignorance of sex and sexuality never ceases to astonish me.

Homosexuality is neither an illness nor a sin. Clinical studies have shown there is some genetic basis for it, there is not set dynamic for an "enviromental" cause of it, and it can't be "cured". That much is, more or less, medical fact.

And as to why would men be attracted to men over women -- what a ridiculous question. I'm not a gay man (I'm not even a man!) but it should be logic that people don't rationally think out what attracts them to other people. I mean, did you ever sit down and decide based on a firm foundation of logic what you are attracted to? No, of course not. Don't be silly.

15. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Jesus! Now they wil post:

I saw someone handling a bee! Is he a killer? Because of the killer bees? I heard bees are evil! They kill people! Kill him! And then celebrate an feel like getting close to your "honey" because you saved the day!

Shall we bring the Inquisition or the Nazis to the thread?

Leave the homosexuals be!

Most of them are not happy with mankind or their families due to the less-than-observed fact that they were abused at some point in their childhood or adolescence; yet they certainly look for love but don't trust enough in the opposite sex.

And please; feeling itchy because someone is different than you are shows certain troubled degree of mental immaturity. Stop your idiocy of believing someone different than you is evil. It only shows you need to spend a lot of time in the shool you never went.

I'm not homosexual; but I must say let live an live yourself.

[ September 10, 2002, 01:55: Message edited by: Shadowhunter ]

16. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] There shouldn't even be a question of right/wrong, natural/unnatural, good/bad. Homosexuality isn't a 'choice.' It isn't a 'life decision.' It is how people ARE. Granted, homosexuals are the minority, but so are people who favor their left hand.

[Ironic note. Left-handedness and homosexuality were both taken as signs of the devil in the Middle Ages. Both often led to burning at the stake.]

I am shocked and appalled that some people in this forum could even consider homosexuality bad, or even worse, feel it should be eradicated. I live in a cosmopolitan setting [New York City], and probably take that fact for granted, but that is just IGNORANCE. If you think there is something inherently wrong with homosexuality, you are wrong.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gender doesn't matter, period.

I see nothing wrong with people loving/having sex with each other as long as everything that happens is consensual and both parites enjoy. Period.

By the way, a comment relating to the matter: It's seen completely normal if a male gets turned on when watching two women get it on, but if a woman gets turned on by two males doing it, she's a sicko.... someone explain this logic to me...

Ara
    (Slash.... Yaoi... goody...)

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It doesn't bother me ... i mean, i have a couple of gay and lesbian friends and they seem fine. The only time that i will object to homosexuality is ifone was to make a move on me.

Thats when i stand up for myself and pelt em' one.

So like for example, if i saw agay couple walking in the street, hugging, kissing, holding hands etc. It wouldn't bother me and in the slightest. But like if i was at some club or pub, and a man kept on tryin it on with ne, he may end up leaving with a black eye ...

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Sorry Kooran, that I mistaked apes for monkeys

Shall we??

:shake: :shake:

[ September 10, 2002, 20:13: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

20. the god Gems: 13/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.