1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How Drunk Are We Getting?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shralp, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Let me just make a comment about what my earlier comment might have made you think. No I have never been drunk and I really havn't ever really wanted to (I have thought about it though) because I can have fun with out getting drunk and my Uncle is a alchoholic wich I don't want to be. The only thing I meant by that post is that yes I have drank before and I enjoy some stuff and I hate some stuff so it doesn't mean I don't drink alot maybe once every 5 months I'll have like a wine cooler or a beer but that's about it.

[ August 30, 2002, 21:58: Message edited by: Psycho. the fanged rabbit ]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    soapy cuts - brains have nothing to do with not getting drunk. It may be little disillusioning, but I have never seen more *intelligent* people drunk than in university, professors inclusive.

And mind drinking alcohole isn't about getting drunk. Beer is an excellent refreshing (besides isotonic) drink after hard work and ideal for certain kinds of food. Wine also is an important component of a good dinner and that to some degree also applies for liquor. It's about how you use it and eventually it's up to you how much you drink. Alcohole is not evil.

3. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Got some Elixir of Eternal Youth lined up, do you? Fair enough.

I have to agree with Ragusa - you won't find a place with more inebriated people than a university. Especially if it has an engineering department. I'm pretty sure Beer Appreciation is a core subject in an engineering degree.

I also agree with Ragusa on another point - drinking doesn't have to be about getting drunk. There's nothing like a beer at the end of a hard day, and nothing completes a good meal better than a good glass of wine.

I won't advocate drinking to excess, but I will say that I think there's getting drunk, and there's getting TOO drunk. I've seen plenty of people have a better time than they otherwise would because a bit of grog took the edge off their shyness. I've also seen someone throw up in another guy's face (literally... the guy actually took it surprisingly well, all things considered), and have to be carried home. Nobody really enjoys it when people take it that far.

All I can say is... drink all you want, but don't pick fights, don't let things go too far with a guy / girl, and (most importantly) do NOT drive a motor vehicle.

[ August 30, 2002, 11:34: Message edited by: Judas ]

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] And I thought that was only for german engeneers:

:roll: :spin: Ein Ingenieur der nicht säuft ist ein Motor der nicht läuft :roll: :spin:

Free transaltion:
    An engeneer who doesn't bozze is an unfueled motor

[ August 30, 2002, 12:11: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

5. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hehe, I don't think anyone can drink more beer than an Australian engineer.

Then again, I'm sure an American engineer could drink a lot of beer... so long as it was AMERICAN beer. Man, that stuff is like water.

If only I had a rogue stone for every time I've heard an American say "Your beer is so strong here!". Damn. What's really funny is watching other locals getting drunk, putting on an American accent, and sending them up. It's classic.

[ August 30, 2002, 12:48: Message edited by: Judas ]

6. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Allright, it seems I've come to the right place. Oh I see four days of mass beer consumption in my future. Didn't need a Gypsy to predict that!!!

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Sooooooooooo....

Did we all fulfill our drunkness quota?

8. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Oh yes, I was drunk (not as much as my friend though, he repedately threw up on himself! :rolleyes: disguisting!)

It's very cool to have friends over 21 that can by any thing I want for me :D

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

They are wierd here then. If you are under 21 and even in the presence of alcohol, they can arrest you for guilt by association, whether you actually consumed any alcohol or not.

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Nope. A friend to many people at the event died on Thursday, so noone was in a party mood, myself included.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmmm..... tomorrow is my second anniversary in the GH.... I feel like just going out of my window at night and drinking until I pass out or something... I know it doesn't help but damn, it sounds appealing....

Ara
    (In dire need of something to shred into tiny pieces)

12. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't need alcohol to get meee high!

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmm.. about what is allowed here and what isn't:

You can buy Beer and drinks under 20 percent alcohol at your 16th.
    For liquor and other booze with 20 percent alcohol or more (and even for marijuana and hasj) you need to be 18.
    You can drink beer and anything else under the age of 16, you only are not allowed to buy it.

Last weekend was great... free booze.... party from my previous job.... after 1 fruitwine, 21 beer and 1 whiskey I went home at 3:30 in the morning.... BY BIKE!

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... In FInland, you have to be 18 to buy beer and other stuff under 20%, and 20 to but anything stronger. But no one really cares about that, not the young people anyway... they start getting rat-arsed every weekend around age 13, and act incredibly stupidly because of that. Morons.

"Viina on viisasten juoma", meaning "Booze is the drink for the wise"

Ara
    (Mortifiesd, bored and hungry)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.