1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Is Bush a Moron?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Nobleman, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"Once again: we get a very, very small percentage of our oil from Iraq. Something under 1% now. Oil is not the reason for attacking Iraq. Self-defense is the reason"

Shralp! Are you bonkers!? Self defence from what? It is massivley unlikely that Iraq has anything which could be used against the US, and if they did, they are only more likely to start using it once they get invaded.

on the other hand, the Saudis hate the US, once King Fayed (?) dies, oil will have to be got from elsewhere.

Don't be so naive.

3. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Is Bush a moron?

Hmmm.... Now there is a dificult question :rolleyes:

Of course he is!!!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Before looking at bushorchimp.com I'd have said yes, after looking at it:

DEFINITLY YES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Kurtz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would have to agree that Bush is a moron, however I also support the statement that he is an excellent president as he provides us with so much humour due to his most, ah, novel approach to the English language (creating new words such as "misunderestimate").

But I should point that oil is not only the reason for an attack on Iraq, but also for America's territorial ambitions over many middle-eastern countries (for some reason Afghanistan springs to mind), Al-Qaeda and Hussein are just very useful excuses.

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Greatest idiot always leads lesser ones :D :D :D . No offence :p

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How could that not offend me? You just called all 270 million Americans idiots!
    :flaming:

8. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My opinion on Bush bieng a moron is pretty much expressed in the topic What should Bush Be Like. For some reason I can't get those pictures off that Bush or monkey site. But the way I see it Slim is we are all super intelligent monkeys because I believe we evolved from the chimp. But of course that is just my theory I just don't believe the whole God creating Adam and Eve thing. No man can create humans.

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Christopher Lee, you can even pick up a British newspaper and learn the answers to your questions.

"Defense from what?"

T-E-R-R-O-R-I-S-T A-T-T-A-C-K-S

As US, UN, and many other authorities have said, Saddam has been trying to acquire weapons of mass destruction -- everything from nukes to biological and chemical weapons. And he is quite capable of getting them into the US.

If you wish to start a thread on Saudi Arabia, I'll be happy to chime in with my thoughts. But your claim that I am somehow naive when I hadn't even mentioned my thoughts on the country -- well, that's a bit childish. Rock on.

10. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

What should happen if Iraq gives the UN weapons inspectors free access, and (either) they find no weapon-making program, (or) they find weapons which are then destroyed, along with the weapon-making program?

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Then that is the final proof they are hiding something REALLY evil REALLY well :roll: :spin: which unfortunately is probably true.

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Now that's an interesting academic exercise. Good question.

Say Sodamn Insane does actually let the UN monitor and go everyplace they want to go. They either find nothing or wipe everything out.

What comes next is ongoing monitoring. I don't remember what the period is that Iraq intially agreed to being monitored, but I reckon that should be made the minimum.

No-fly zones should be continued over northern and southern Iraq, as they seem to be the only things preventing him from killing his own people. And heck, let him get back to selling oil without the UN limits imposed now. (That's as generous as this Shralp can be.)

13. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Shralp -

Even if he did have any of these nasties, does anyone think he would use them?

I am not standing up for Saddam hussain, I fully realise that many arguements (usually of the Left) end up having to redeem him of his evil personality in order to allow for their points against aggression to stand - do not mistake me for doing so. The world would be a safer place without him.

It may be true that the US has said that he has bio.chem weapons etc. I would not believe them. I was unaware that the UN had said the same - there is no doubt that the UN would sanction a US attack.

There is no proof that Saddam sponsered terrorist attacks, and to do anything against him on these grounds would be US unilateralism - this has no place in the world order...

14. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

OH!!! So America's buildings and people are completely immune to a 50 ton nuke are they???!!! Get real no brain.

15. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You fool. True, Hussein has not allowed UN inspectors to finish searching Iraq, but then again, NO NUKES HAVE BEEN found! No country is stupid enough to use nukes, especially against the US. While terrorists and terrorist groups might, do you have any idea what would happen if Iraq (AS A COUNTRY) used nukes against the US?

16. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is Bush a moron?

Does the sun shine?

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    "No country is stupid enough to use nukes"

If you make an assumption like that, you deserve what you get.

18. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just a few quick points:
    1. Bush wasn't elected, he was APPOINTED by the same Supreme Court justices who got their jobs from his father. :eek:
    2. Last time we invaded Iraq, it was two days after Neil Bush (GW's brother) destroyed the Silverado Saving & Loan via illegal speculation, leading to the S&L collapse. Coincidence? Doubt it. Furthermore, this was after our Undersecretary of State told Hussein that we wouldn't interfere if they had an "argument" with Kuwait over access to the Persian Gulf. :rolleyes:
    3. Comparing Bush to a moron is insulting to morons everywhere :D

19. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Bush was not appointed. More Supreme Court justices voted in his favor against Gore than just those his father appointed, and one that Bush Sr. appointed voted against W.

Neil Bush's problems had nothing to do with the decision to kick Iraq out of Kuwait... unless, of course, you think the entire international coalition that assembled to fight Saddam was worried about poor Neil. I doubt the Saudis had him on their mind when they signed up.

20. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Shralp, just a quick question. Do you like Bush?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.