1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Music Tastes?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Amazing Ooopah, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

LOL Someone listens to stuff like Blink 182?! Offspring?! Barenaked Ladies?!
    ....?!?!? All of it... they just suck.
    <journal updated>
    If you are poor, ever. Create a boy band but YOU MUST BE THE MANAGER. The singers are weird/gay but you get 40-60% from the money.
    <journal updated>
    Too much BG2...

Anyway, my music taste is mostly metal. I have never bought any music.
    Here is a few example of my taste.

Manowar
    Nightwish

They are both HEAVY metal bands.

I hate black/death metal. Stupid Sa†an believers... Religions suck :)

2. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Yeah! God sucks!

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah Satanic/Death bands suck! Heaven will not be pleased with those bums!!

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sniper, you actually think they really worship satan and do all that stuff they claim to do? Its all just publicitys stunts to get attention.

Btw, when they aren't screaming Slipknots music is rockin. But I swich off when they open there mouths and start do go on like hooligans, never enjoyed the melodys of Mr Manson however.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

What does btw mean?

And yeah Manson doesn't figure in my music tastes...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Some boys are raised by a father that shows them around the metal/wood shop, others are encouraged to be competitive athletes, and then there are people like me that were raised by music-crazed hippies, thus a tasteful lust for music was spawned, and somewhere along the line, an uncanny nack for manifesting an arduous run-on sentence.
    My father and I will agree that roughly 97% of what can be found on the radio is shit, quite literally. Kid Rock, a badass? He's only a few hairs shy of personifying the lips, clitoris and all. Slipknot, how many drummers do you really need? I think it's a ploy to distract a listener's ear from the fronts and mediocrity. Call me crazy, but intelligence and soul actually take a toll on what I listen to...
    Blues, Hip Hop, Progressive, Alternative and Southern Rock, as well as many artists that don't fall under any particular label. To name a "few"; Widespread Panic, B.B. King, The Allman Brothers Band, Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Qweli, Eminem, Xhibit, The Black Crowes, Son Volt, Blue Mountain, Traffic, The Tragically Hip, Indigenous, Eric Clapton, Little Feat, Frank Zappa, Gang Starr, O.C., Outkast, Goodie MOb, The Kenny Wayne Shephard Band, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Jonny Lang, Susan Tedeschi, Robbie Robertson, The Band, Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and The Heartbeakers, KRS-One, Rage Against The Machine, 2Pac, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, Damn... the list goes on and on.
    I've noticed, people don't like being told that they are musically ignorant, but if your musical world exists in an FM frequency, my apologies friend, but that's where you are. Remember... "Denying your ignorance, is ironically, one of the most ignorant things you can do"

8. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

P.S. Who else is a 2nd generation hippie around here? How about old school hippies? We're like roaches, we'll never go away.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Hear Hear i think...

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hey Wise, I couldn't agree more. But, I figured if I started spouting off that kind of stuff, very few people would know what I was talking about anyway. My music collection is about 300 cd's and some old tapes, including a couple of bands I am sure no one has heard of like Wastepaper. I had more, but I have moved around so much I am afraid some got lost, and some got stolen.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm on my second cd collection myself. My first was stolen ( I had like 300 at the time) when I moved into my first apartment alone after undergrad. They took the only things of value I had: my cd's and my cd player.

Now when I buy cd's I get something new, and something I used to have that I really liked.

12. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Bel, been there, done that. Feel your pain.

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks...I'm still a little bitter about it.

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

This is about music tastes. Add Paparoach to my list of music i listen to. As well as Feeder.

15. hooligan_inc Guest

i also like indie and rap metal.

16. Ugh. Papa Roach.......

;)

17. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sniper, that papa roach comment is stupid, you say anyone who listens to slipknot and/or that pasty looking bloke are ...

When Papa Roach fall into the same category of music that they do....

18. I don't think Papa Roach fall into the same category as the other two, ie - they actually have a small amount of talent, even if I don't like them.

Oh and, many would consider 3 Dollar Bill Y'All (Limp Bizkit's 1st album for those who don't know) fall into the same category as Slipknot......

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Wow, thats amazing! How do you do that quote thing?

Nah Papa Roach has a slightly rappy side to itthen Slipknot and MM. And i only like the one song Last Resort.

Anyone heard of Buck Rogers by Feeder?

20. If you only like the one song, then how can you say you like em? :)

Oh, and I've just started getting into Linkin Park as well, they rule. Why do us brits get decent bands six months after the US? :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.