1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: New Design - Public Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

#1 all thw way, but I still prefer the current one. I don't seem to find it that hard for me eyes...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Number one.

Number two, is well, a number two quite bluntly.

and number three is just... not as nice as number one, or what we have already.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Number One,

The contrast between the background and the lettering is strongest, and therefore provides for easier reading of posts.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1, no question about it. Black background is always preferable over anything else. Messing around with a bunch of different colours rarely lead to something good. Plain and simple is more or less always the best.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

#1 or #3.

For the love of god, don't do #2 :grin:

6. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nr 1 although i do still prefer the old colours from the new ones. Man what happened i went away for a few days and wow..
    :cool:

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You should really think about not changing colours. I like the current one too but 3 is the better of the given options.
    2 sucks. BIG TIME!!

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, if I'm really short on time I might not get around to changing at all, so you'll get your wish. ;)

9. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What's wrong with #2, anyway? I like red.

Anyway... I did not vote #2 because no one likes it. Instead I voted #3.

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You weren't asked to vote based upon what the others think, get your damned opinion ;)

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I see no difference between #1 and #3, so I chose #1 since it was closer to the top of the page. :rolling:

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think number one is better than the one we have now.

13. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The second one looks too much like the ironworks forum, and they aren't nearly as good as here. Try and disassociate from that. The first is the best, but the third isn't bad.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks for the input folks. If I do get the chance to change the colours, it will be to the option #1.

15. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You could also add an option to have people select what colour it will be for them (Like on the official Morrowind forums)if that is possible.

I still prefer the good ole' blue one though. :)

16. Taluntain

Media:
    That would be possible with another board software, but not UBB.classic (currently). As for the site, it would have to be custom built, and we're already building 4 separate layouts for the various subscription options, so colour selection will not make it in.

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I like number one more than the others, but what's wrong with the one we have now?

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Read the previous posts, I've explained.

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Either 1 or 3, not two... its very... yucky colour combination.

I don't have a clear winner though. Personally I love the colour scheme at the moment.

[edit/ 500th post!]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.