1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: New Story Forum

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darien Noella, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, the majority is in favour so a new forum called Creativity Surge will be opened right away. I ask all moderators to move anything posted thus far that is either a story (solo, about a game, standard fantasy etc.) over there from all forums. Topics should be renamed to include the game (they will have either BG1, BG2, ToB, PS:T etc in brackets). If it's just general fiction, like Shura's story, it needs no extra tag. If it's poetry, add a (Poetry) tag to it. More when we cross that bridge.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 15, 2001).]

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] This is inspiring. I used to write short stories, poetry & non-fiction. Maybe this will give me the motivation to brush the dust off those corners of the cranium ...

3. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

WEll, though a decision may have been ,ade, I would argue/vote against the new area. Reason - simple, there are clues and spoilers in many stories. If you do inadvertently read one, then at least you are in the correct forum already to find out if that clue/disclosure or whatever is "correct" or a figment of the stroyteller's imagination (literary license). If a story is in a completely different forum, you have to manuever to the correct forum to run the appropriate search.

Just my two cents - as both a storyteller and a a player.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] This is awesome. It inspires people to bring their old poetry and stories out in the open for sure. Imagination will blossom in the right environment. Anyway Go for it Mathetais. ;)

Wildfire where did I say that? I must be getting more senile than I thought :D

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I think that games like my Thief-Only party in BG or 966666 party in BG2 should just stay in the forums of the game, for my Thief Only party is not a story but just a summary of my BG game.

I'm gonna check the new board now anyway. Another place to spam :rolleyes:

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What about the oldies? The likes of the Imoen story, the Tavern of Infinity (although that's maybe more suited to RC, being sort-of freeform roleplaying). It might even breathe life into some that were abandonded before completion, such as Warriors amongst the Reddened planes, or ... OK, I admit it, this is another plug for the Planescape story...but how about it? Anyone who remembers an old story on the boards, finds it in the search engine and posts a link here so the mods can move it? Of course this relies on the approval of the mods to work.

EDIT
    Here's a thingy some posters did a while back with story links http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001060.html
    EDIT AGAIN
    Oops, seems that's already been done, guess I thought the dates would change with the moving - funny how my mind fails to work
    [This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 17, 2001).]

7. Silverblade Guest

Haven't checked it out yet, but maybe it is a good place to steal some ideas for Never Winter Nights campaigns (when it comes out) (eventually) (just need to wait some more months)

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Found one you missed

[Moved it - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited October 20, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.