1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Only for boys: Are you old skool?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Briefs and wet shaving here as well. I love the He-Man looks when I'm just wearing my shirt and brief at home ;) Has been a bit of a problem in the past though when unexpected company pops-up (brother's gf, etc :rolleyes: )

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Actually, to tell the truth,. I haven;t shaved for a few months yet. I'm trying, and failing, to grow a student beard

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Christ, if I didn't shave for a few months I'd look like bloody Gandalf or something. If I leave it a day, I get one hell of a shadow (and having quite long hair makes wet shaving quite uncomfortable).

4. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I'm a "boxers" and "electric shaving" man. Shaving all around my goatee anyway :grin:

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Moderator! Moderator! Rags is getting too political again! :p

Anyway, I electric is easier, but wet does a better job, so I alternate between the two every other day.

And briefs (my boys need a house).

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All these types and names of underwear make me a bit uncertain.

I wear stuff like this. No fly or anything.
    I guess that would be tight boxers?

I hear people about boxers and briefs, but earlier I also heared the name Boxer Briefs. And then there are tighter versions and pants and who knows what.

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Indeed, quick Googling concurs that boxer briefs are tight boxers.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
  9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Boxer briefs are dreadful. Too tight.

Boxers are much more comfortable.

ANyway, we're missing the point. The most important thing is to find the most outrageous and outlandish boxers you can.

Forex:

Funky!

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But have we established what is or is not old skool (sic) yet?

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

What?!? You don't have a beard?? What will happen next? Ragusa will admit he is right-winged, Harbs will know everything and Barmy will start to dislike footy?

What is your definition of old skool? I shave wet and my grandfather shaves electric, but he is of a much older skool than I am.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I use electric because I can't be bothered with razors. Surely electric means you are more technologically advanced and thus 'new skool' as an electric shaver is an electronic gadget, whereas a razor is something out of the stone age.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Electric shavers are bloody expensive though! Plus, if they accidentally go off in your bag through airport customs, it sounds like you're carrying a dildo. Not good. Wet shaves are for real men. I do it Croc Dundee style with a big fook off knife.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Heh, with me you get a really mixed up answer. ;)

I wear briefs as underwear but I sleep wearing boxers. I would be interested to see a North American study on boxer-brief preferences actually - my perception is that most North American guys wear briefs but I could be wrong.

I normally shave with an electric razor Tuesday to Friday, don't shave on the week-end and then wet shave on Monday. However, even when I wet shave I use the elctric razor on my mustache (I find the blade tends to pull instead of cut the softer mustache hair).

As a general rule I guess you can say that if I shaved the day before and thus have relatively short beard growth I will use electric but if I have some hair accumulation I whip out the shaving cream and razor.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got a different opinion after I nearly crushed my eggs between my seat and left leg when jumping on my cycle. The nest needs some protection from hanging too loose from the branch and the branch has to grow in the right direction. :heh:

There's also electric blades like Gilette's M3Power. Tried it once. Not that much different to other, regular wet shaving.

16. Harbourboy

Briefs are far too tight for my liking. Boxers all the way for me. Master of Nuhn, I think you just need to be more careful when leaping Lone Ranger style onto your bicycle.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, umm, yes. Or no. Maybe.

OK, fine. When I posed for my portrait, I cast 'Powerword: Beard' to give the illusion of wisdom.

Are you happy now?

:p

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I don't shave I fancy my beard and I wear boxer, so I assume it was the last option ? I keep my beard for a great French-Canadian tradition; It's freakin' cold here, so keep your beard to keep you warm . 'Twas true in 1700s and it still is today. Real Men in that time and place only shaved in spring.

19. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@BA
    And yet razor blades aren't expensive? You buy an electric maybe once every several years, but a packet of five 'safety razor' blades lasts how long? :confused:

And the blades are absolutely verboten by the 'flying cops' - you take THAT with you, you're...like...breaking the LAW...you...rebel, you! ;)

Most of the time I'll just soap up my face during a shower and drag the ol' Sensor over me face...sometimes I'll oversleep and not have time to shower before work, so I'll fire up the electric and buzz over my face while checking my webcomics.

20. Harbourboy

Yeah, electric shavers are much cheaper than razors - especially if you use those new fancy quad bladed fighter plane razors.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.