1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Only for boys: Are you old skool?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm starting to understand why this is a 'only for boys' topic :lol:

2. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Shaving with scissors only and no panties, except in winter, and then long "sleeved" ones only. Kind a barbaric I know but at least I don't shave with an axe.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Wet shave only, electric razors don't shave close enough for me, and pull like crazy when I'm shaving. I tried boxers for a while but never felt comfortable in them. As for shaving, I find that fresh out of the shower works best. If I am shaving but not showering, I use my old shaving cream brush, and suds up a bar of good soap and apply that under the shaving cream for much less irritation.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Briefs and wet shaving...

I've tried an electric shaver but its nowhere near as close or comfortable a shave...

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Anjo: You shave with scissors?

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Holy crap Anjo! You must have a face like Edward :p ;)

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Why does Anjo remind me of Crocodile Dundee and his Bowie knife shaving?

8. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I prefer wet shaving and boxers.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... I don't know if this proves anything one way or another. While the most common answer is boxers and wet shaving, judging from the replies, the majority of people wear boxers, and the majority of people wet shave. So it really isn't surprising that the two most common groups occur together the most. I'm not really sure how you can get a better analysis though. If at least one of the two groups had equal representation (like either the same number of wet versus electric shavers or the same number of boxers versus briefs), then if one combination was much more common that the other it would indicate some correlation.

As it stands almost 3/4 of all people polled wet shave, and almost 3/4 of all people polled wear boxers. So it doesn't appear to be much of a correlation when 54% do both. In fact, that sounds pretty darn close to what 0.75 * 0.75 would be - and that would indicate no correlation whatsoever. As it stands, I'm in one of the infrequently selected groups - wet shave and breifs.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In order to achieve any sort of correlation, you need to start with a variable that you correlates to 'old skoolness' then you can compare other variables to that. Surely someone can come up with something that typifies 'old skoolness' then you could compare boxers and/or wet shaving to that to find out the ultimate answer once and for all!

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    From what a lot of people have already said, and speaking from personal experience and to friends, the people that tend to like to use electric shavers don't shave on a daily basis. I have tried electric shavers in the past, and they work great - if I didn't just shave yesterday. It seems to me that the hair has to be a certain length for it to be properly shaved, and until you get to that point, they don't work particularly well. Since I always shave before going to work (so Monday through Friday at a minimum), electric razors are not a very practical choice for me.

Then again, I suppose it would really be more appropriate to say that I use both wet razors and electric ones. I have a goatee. So while I much prefer to shave the rest of my face with a wet shave, it is very difficult to properly trim a goatee (or mustache/beard/whatever) using a hand held razor blade. Some guys use scissors, but that takes a very steady hand. For goatee trimming, it's much easier to buy an electric razor with an attachment that lets you adjust for length of beard, and then you can shave your whole beard/goatee whatever to the same length.

Of course, I'm kind of wierd in the way I wear my goatee. I use the 3 cm attachement for general goatee length, but I never shave the "flavor saver" part of the goatee, so that's actually longer than the rest of it!

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That is weird - I find electric razors only work well when the hair is short. I use the electric because it does not irritate my skin as much as a blade which invariably causes me to bleed.

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah you have to be pretty careful when using a bare blade. Especially so when you're up late for work and in a mad rush. There's nothing worse in the world than cutting yourself shaving. It does not stop bleeding for AGES and once you get that little cut, you end up taking the scab off when you shave the next day. Complete and utter 'mare.

14. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

electric since I decided to shave more often than biweekly

and I only go commando; started in college because I wanted less laundry and now I cant imagine going back

15. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Ion: I can imagine (urgh!) that you have actually more laundry that way, because you have to wash your jeans (or whatever) more often.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Who said he was wearing jeans (or whatever)? :p

17. ion Gems: 5/31

Yah, I see your point. I guess it's kind of embarrassing to admit I dont do more laundry, lol. I do keep myself really clean though, so hopefully that helps a bit.

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Dunno. I just assumed that males in San Diego do not wear skirts or run araound buck naked all the time. ;)

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ion, if you're not wearing jeans or whatever, nor skirts, nor running around buck naked, then I assume that you must be wearing... diapers.

Because, well, you know... What else could lower the amount of laundry? ;) :p

20. Incarnate Gems: 5/31

Wet shaving and briefs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.