1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Paladins: Which is most Powerful?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, May 13, 2004.

1. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Very good melee fighter, is restistant to poison, and mind affecting spells, he is far the best paladin.

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Cavalier's taken the lead! I wanna be a paladin when I'm older!

3. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Cavaliers rock!
    Though some perfectionists may say otherwise... screw it....

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I think I'm going to go with an Inquisitor over the Cavaleir. My reasoning is that True Sight is a 6th level spell, and that having the protagonist ready to cast that, and a more powerful Dispel Magic than anybody will really do the trick.

The Cavalier is really nice, though, as he has Remove Fear (a spell my cleric/mages must memorize now), and the added resistances and bonuses he has make him even more powerful. The Cav's ability to cast Draw Upon Holy Might and Armor of Faith made the decision a tough one, I'll tell ya!

5. moran1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For SoA, I'd say Undead Hunter, but Inquisitors are best for ToB, and Cavaliers second. But ToB Vampies are not that big of threat anymore. They all are good, even the vanilla class, so you can't go wrong.

6. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It was a hard choice. And it was Inquisitor. Because of his ability to cast the best Dispel Magic in the entire game (I love that spell!), and also True Sight (I love that spell, too; there is no illusion that cannot be dispeled by this one). Plus the immunity to hold (I hate being held!)... I know, Undead Hunter is also immune to that, and also Level Drain. What I think is that vampires are overapreciated. They do very low damage, and they are feared only because the level drain. There some ways to avoid that (Amulet of Power, Negative Plane Protection spell, Protection from Magical Weapons, high AC) and some ways to cure it (Lesser and Greater Restoration, temples). And most of them only drain two level per hit. It is not that much. And it is also a great way to kill a large group of them: Death Spell (there are some exceptions to that: the 'uniques', I mean those who have a name). Anyway... the only drawback for the Inquisitor is that he cannot cast spells. The amount of spells he gains is somewhat laughable compared to a cleric. You just need a tank. I never used a Paladin's spell book, because I've never needed it. That's why I have Viconia with me. For me a spellcaster is more dangerous than an undead (except liches, of course...). But the Undead Hunter is the next to choose. The Cavalier sucks big time. I'm sorry to say that, but he does. There are only a few demonic that you encounter (like those from the Planar Sphere), the rest are gated. And if you are good enough, you can prevent that (by killing the summoner in advance). And Dragons... HA! In SoA you encounter only 5 dragons and you don't have to fight with any of them. In ToB there are only 2 that you have to kill, but at that moment it doesn't matter anymore. So, excuse me, but the bonuses received by the Cavalier are very rarely used. Don't bother!

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Ok, who voted "no kit" (besides me, I didn't want to upset the poll, but I still wanted to view it)?

8. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Good choice for good reasons Hyperion

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.