1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Right or Left Handed?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I have both a left and a right hand ;)

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] *closes his eyes and scrolls down and posts.*

Let me guess. This thread will be swarming with ambidextrous people. As everyone has an intelligence far above average on this board when asked. :shake:

One of the biggest official surveys on this was made by RSL-Research Services Ltd testing more than 8000 people of all age groups. Each Age group never had a percentage of above 1% of both-handedness.

OF course everyone is ambidextrous to some degree. Its not like one of our hands is dangling by our side... Ok I'll scroll up now and enjoy your shameless bragging :1eye:

[ March 17, 2003, 21:22: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm right handed. I can't kick a ball straight with my left foot if my life depended on it.

Left handed people have a great advantage in sports though. I've played table tennis games against lefties before and they spin the ball the opposite way. If a right forehanded hit spins it clockwise, a left forehanded hit spins it counterclockwise... just not used to it because you don't see it too often. So I got wasted.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I strongly right-handed, and Velcro is mostly right-handed except for a few things that his left-handed father taught him to do (e.g., fishing). What's really been fun is watching our son develop handed-ness. We think he's going to be a lefty, because he eats and throws much better with his left.

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm almost purely right-handed. I'm training my left hand, but can't seem to advance any further :mad:

7. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Righthanded everywhere except when I play cards...

8. Kurtz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm left-handed.

As a matter of curiosity, I don't know if you knew, but the Latin word for right-handed is the same as the Latin word for dexterous. And the Latin word for left-handed is the same as the Latin word for sinister.

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's because people used to view left-handeders as cursed or afflicted by the devil or something like that. :D

[ March 25, 2003, 17:38: Message edited by: Charlie ]

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's funny when a thread comes up a second or third time, and I can remember my reply to the last one.

I'm right handed, right footed. But I've learned to do so many daily things with my left hand, quite well, that it's a bit blury.

I can shave, throw a baseball with about 90% of the accuracy of my right arm, write, use a mouse, use a fork or knife, and even shoot, left handed. I'm actually a better shot with my left hand than my right hand, but it's only because I'm at the gun range and relaxed. In a real crisis, my left hand accuracy would drop drastically.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a lefty!!! But oddly enough, when I play baseball, I bat right-handed. I also throw frisbees right-handed

12. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

I am ambidextrous, well at least partly. I do alot of things like eat with my left hand often, but write much better with my right. An interesting thought: My dad is Left handed, Mom Right, youngest son Left, daughter Right.. and I'm somewhere in the middle hehe

13. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Im "righty"... But i can use my left arm as well, it is not just for decoration :D

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As a right handed and footed, I feel that people who write, play football (soccer) or do other things with their left hand or foot, always look clumsy. Does anyone else feel like that?

15. Charlie Gems: 14/31

Not me. I've had some left-footed football players get the better of me on the pitch.

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Kitiara! Haven't seen you around lately.

I'm right-handed. I can write with my left, but it looks so bad that I'm not going to claim to be ambidextrous.

17. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm left handed but it doesn't really matter which hand I use, since my handwriting is so terrible! Thank god for computers, hehe. I use the mouse with my right hand though.

Oh, my grandmother was left handed as well, but back in the '30s or whenever she grew up they thought that was abnormal so they hit her wrists with a ruler if she wrote left handed! So she ended up ambidextrous...

About shooting left handed, I've never shot a gun before, but I'm probably going to have to when I join the military, so I don't really know which hand I do that with. But I'm curious if the military lets lefties shoot left handed, or if everyone has to shoot right handed? Anyone know?

18. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I used to be left handed but I went to a catholic grade school. So you know lefties had their hands whapped with a thick ruler. I write with my right but I pick things up, eat, talk on the phone and scribble with my left.

and they say a catholic education doesn't pay off.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.