1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Should I or Shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Rallymama, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Mortensen the Second Banned

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Sorry, Elios, I must be confusing you with another person from CA who also presents well-argued positions over in The Alley - Amon-Ra perhaps?

You know, the memory goes after you reach that Certain Age... :D

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Please don't do it. Don't do the name change. I've never seen a name change for the better. See one time Nobleman got drunk and changed his name to Archangel. :p But he was already well established as Nobleman. I had to go around calling him NobleAngel. Finally he came to his senses and changed back (about a year later). So don't do it. You are Rallymama. Be proud.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

My name sure as hell changed for the better, though I will admit that not many do

5. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I still think of you as zaknafien.

6. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I still like the name Rallymama the best...Yeah.
    'Tis the best of them all.

7. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Wait a minute, Aikanaro is zaknafein?!! And here I was thinking he was a completely new person. :p ;)

Rallymama, don't change the nick. I don't think anybody wants the whole NobleAngel thing repeat itself. It never works out. You will lose recognition, unless you put it in every message you post. Besides, I think Rallymama is a nice nick.

If you absolutely HAVE to change nick, retain the 'mama'. Please. :grin:

[ January 24, 2003, 16:46: Message edited by: Rhythm ]

8. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hmmm... I'm relatively new, thanks for the welcome Aikanaro, I guess the riencarnated version of Zaknafein. I did vote, for the new name, that's just because I like the way it sounds. Also I really don't have the familiarity of your name, so of course it doesn't make that much of a difference to me.
    Do what you want to do. Now that they know , they will eventually learn your new name. Then again, if I had not read this thread, and I saw your new title, I would have no idea that you would be the person who added so much to this site, as Rallymama. Hmmm.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Rhythm, at one time weren't you Rhythmic Barbarian, or am I thinking of someone else? See how name changes complicate things? :p

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Well, the votes have been counted and all the other GREAT suggestions have been considered. While I like the dashing sound of "Reine d'Acier" or the hint of menace in "Matron Mother" (Matron Mommy?), I think I'll stick with Rallymama. Further proof that it's often best to go with your first instinct and not analyze things to death.

Thanks for all the responses, folks. What better welcome - albeit belated - could I have received? :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.