1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: The top 5 most annoying enemies

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Enthasius, Oct 6, 2001.

1. slienad laup Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Illithids used to be the worst until I discovered mord's sword, conjure a couple of those bad boys and send them down the hall to deal with the brain suckers.

My number one is the Elder orbs especially the ones in hell where there is a whole pod of the buggers. Throw in the gauths and I suddenly have Anomen beating the crap out of Imoen, Valygar is being turned into a chew toy and Minsc just plain vanishes. It's hard to be good.

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

About the Beholders in Hell: You do know that you can just cast Remove Fear or Resist Fear and get the Tear from the right hand side, don't you? That still counts as being Good since you didn't take the Cloak of Nymph Skin. I never fight those suckers, especially with the changed Cloak of Mirroring effect in ToB.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

3. slienad laup Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the heads up Vormaerin it just seemed too obvious so I had never tried it I guess I will continue to expand the boundries of stupidity sort of the Captain Kirk of dumb mistakes.

See Ya
    Sleinad Laup

4. zaknafein Guest

illithids all the way

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah, the Illithids are definitely the most annoying enemy because there is simply nothing you can do to prepare for them properly. Mazzy (due to the Sword of Arvoreen) and Korgan (berserk) are the only characters that you can make immune to the Stun of their MindBlast. Everything else has a countermeasure that can, if you make the effort, can be applied to all or most of your party. Chaotic Commands, Death Ward, etc all last a good long time and their are plenty of items with similar defenses. But Stun just sucks, not to mention the instakill that follows it. Bleh!

Anything that level drains is annoying, but at least you can get two items of immunity early on (MoD+2, Amulet of Power)and its melee only. You can at least try to keep your unprotected characters out of harm's way.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

6. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

1.) VAMPS! eeee gads! Level Draining stuff in general, but Vamps just take the biscuit... plus they have awful in-game avatars!

2.) Umber Hulks, damn them all... damn them all to hell!

3.) Rakshasa, they never wanna die! And at low levels cloudkill is not a nice spell.

4.) Yuan-ti Mages, Confusion, Chaos, Spell turnings and Improved Invisibility. Ohhh wonderful.

5.) Mage Scripts, aaaargh they need to be changed... i hate this Time-Stop, Symbol Fear, Symbol Stun and Symbol Death combination. ARRRGH! it's boring as hell.

7. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] As a 2nd-time-through-only type player, (and have never finished, yet), my votes (with spoilers!) are:

1) Umber Hulks in Nalia's Keep. I guess I will never graduate to PowerGamer status. I have consistently used the "sprint, invisibly, with dogfood in hand to lock them in that u-turn hallway" strategy. Chickens**t, I know.

2) Firkraag. Damned wing buffet. Who eats the wings at a buffet, anyways!?! I always wait for the good stuff way at the end.

3) Tanova. Bi**h is WAY hard to knock down, what with all them quick protections she fires up. (Okay, I know, now, what she does and when, but I try very hard not to "cheat" with foreknowledge. When we first see her, we attack after the speechifying. No fireballs down a dark hallway after my hidden theif scouts her out...) :grin:

4) Vampires in general: Always a rush, but becoming easier with Restoration spells ready.

5) Adamantite Golem: Breathing that SOB's exhaust whilst taking a 68 Chevy Impala axle off the noggin has done in a couple members of my posse.

Just my 2 gold piece's worth. NtM.

PS - Honorable Mention - those bums in the Temple Sewers, near Keldorn? Those dudes were tough, too.

[This message has been edited by Nivek The Mad (edited October 08, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.