1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What's Your Favorite NEW NPC Mod for SoA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Gregor, May 7, 2006.

1. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

No! I disagree! See, I thought I would completely agree with you, as Anomen is insufferable when you play a male character-which is why I picked up Kelsey. But with the flirt and banter packs, he's *really* likeable. Really!
    And by that connection I've grown really attached to whoever does his voice...

2. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Only need five more votes to make this "official"...if you haven't voted yet, please do!

Kelsey's got a two vote lead on Keto, with Other close behind!

3. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I gotta say, I like Keto. I don't know why so don't bother asking.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm a true Kelsey fan, but IMO, he's not very new anymore... I've been playing with Kelsey installed since the first release of KelseyToB.

But for this poll, I *had* to choose Saerileth. Go read my reply in the Saerileth Mod Review thread here at the BoM. She's got more dialog than you can shake a stick at! Not to mention all the little things you'll find within the mod... :thumb:

My main dissapoint in all mods except for the Kelsey mod is the voicing quallity! JCompton had the right technique...IIRC, it was a standard mic, and a blanket over his head while he recorded all the voincing. :heh: Why can't the other mod makes learn from his example? :bad:
    • Saerileth is a little loud and has the voice of a 30 year old, but that's ok.
    • Yasraena is horribly loud...
    • Kitanya is way too quiet, and has "poping" noises before and after each voiced line.
    Maybe I'm just too picky of what I hear... :skeptic: :rolling:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've only finished it with Tsujatha and Yasraena. I'm undecided.. Tsujatha had a lot of potential though, too bad it wasn't that well developed.

6. gatsbygoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like Chloe. She say funny things. Sometimes me laugh. ha ha. And she only kensai ever to use short sword.

But seriously, Chloe is funny mainly because of the havoc her program wrecks on certain dialogue in the game. There's something very loveable about hearing Irenicus tell me how he's got a little crush on me in hell. Oh, and she's a closet heterosexual.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I voted for Kelsey, but I, like many others haven't tried all these mods, so it's not a well informed opinion. There are several NPCs there that I have tried once or twice, a few that I have heard of, and a few that I don't even know what the character is - class or race - well except for Kari the Kobold, as I suppose he (or she?) is a kobold. How about we help a brother out here:

Beyond the Law - ???
    Chloe - Female Human kensai
    Fade - Female Elven thief but unsure if there's a kit
    Goo - gooish goo
    Kari the Kobold - kobold - maybe a fighter?
    Kelsey - Male Human sorcerer
    Keto Female bard - don't know race
    Kindrek - ???
    Nathaniel ???
    Saerileth - Female Human Cavalier (next time through I'll take her
    Solaufein - Male Drow Elf Fighter/Mage aka most overpowered NPC ever after completion of his quests
    Tashia - Female Elven Sorceress
    Tsujatha - Male Elven Necromancer?
    Valen - Female vampiric fighter/thief aka most overpowered NPC considering game as a whole with the caveat of assuming it's night and/or you're inside
    Wille Bruce - WTF? It sounds like some redneck hick
    Yasraena ???

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Mod-addict to the rescue!

Yasraena - good-aligned drow fighter

Nathaniel - human Kensai

Keto is human. And a fan of intoxication, if memory serves.

Kari, I think, is a cleric. But certain of that I am not.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Mod expert (but not addict :p ) to the rescue Mark II.

Beyond the Law - Male half-elven M/T and female half-elven archer. M/T is an outlaw (the way Valygar is an outlaw) and the archer has been sent to track him down; fortunately she's not too stupid to see the truth. They even have a romance of sorts; romance for PC in the works, I believe.

Chloe - Female human (god-spawn: Akadi) kensai with abrasive attitude who will romance a (tall) female PC or Imoen. Starts with 25 DEX.

Fade - Female elven (Fey'ri are half-elf, half-demon; as tieflings are half-human, half-demon) thief, no kit. Works for the Shadow Thieves, will romance.

Goo - Floating (buggy) eyeball

Kari - Female kobold druid. No romance (she's about 13 IIRC).

Kelsey - Male human sorcerer. Anyone who knows anything about mods should have heard of him.

Keto - Female human bard with a bottle.

Kindrek - Magic-hating evil half-giant, IIRC. You'd think he'd be a wizard slayer, but is instead a berserker. Starts with 20 STR.

Nathaniel - Male human kensai. Will romance males; the only gay (non-lesbian) romance out there. (P.S. What is it with kensais being gay? :rolleyes: )

Saerileth - Female human cavalier. Like Kelsey, if you've heard of mods you've heard of her.

Solaufein - If you don't know who he is, you haven't even played the vanilla game, much less any mods. Also one of the "famous" mods.

Tashia - Female elven sorceress. IIRC, the romance is in the works.

Tsujatha - Male elven necromancer. One of the favorite female romance mods.

Valen - See Sola.

Willie Bruce - Two or three different versions of this. Designed to be that stereotypical abrasive guy who hangs out at bars and has too much to drink. Pretty much a "for fun" mod than a serious NPC mod.

Yasraena - As Dendri said, a good-aligned drow fighter (no kit). Can we say Drizzt clone? :shake: (JK. The attitude is a bit different, from what I hear.)

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Maybe all that "hand to hand" combat got to them... :p :shake:

The only thing Solaufein is famous for is his lack of simple voicing, and his overpowered-ness. :p :rolling:

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm using Saerilith and Yasraena atm, and really liking both of them. Together with my VH half-elf they form the group of stabbity death.

I can remember being not too impressed with Kelsey, but only because I started that game with a sorcerer myself and found him superfluous. Plus, I dislike a lot of male NPCs.

Tashia crashed my compy. That ended that foray.

Solaufein freaked me out with his rampant gayness and touching my PC. Viccy objected, and Sola was rejected and ejected.

I'm trying out Keto, CHloe and Valen next time though. Maybe I'll try Fade too.

12. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Like Yasraena atm. One of my first Mod NPCs. She is no problem and is really growing in power fast. Her and Minsc are just blade-death at the moment.

Following on from listing the races and classes (above) do you guys know where they all srat from, as this could really affect whether I pick them up, as I may not NEED them at that point.

13. Madafaka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Are the polls closed or can I pick Valen again?

As regards Chloe... aww, no. Really, no. Worthless, unarmoured, godlike DEX, spoiler bio, extremely annoying soundset:

"Lucy says 'hi'!" -- "Quit poking me and just tell me what you want." -- "Sure... what do you want me to do again?" -- "Dammit, I'm a warrior, not a servant! Stop ordering me around." -- "Ok... but next time YOU do it." -- "What is it THIS time!?" -- "You sure that's what you want. Ok, ok..."

Those being just the commoner examples, I got fed up with her within half an hour. Sorry.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Keto rocks. Fun and not too "intrusive", plus she's a proper Bard. The implementation is spot on and very well voiced. O.K., she'll never be the powergamer's choice, but that's a good thing really.

The less said about Chloe, though, the better. I just kept wanting to hit her in the face with a spade. :smash:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.