1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Worst NPCs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Archer14, Nov 11, 2001.

1. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I think that Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Mazzy, Valygar and Anomen are just useless. Apart from having them *just* to do their sub quests during Chap. 2, I can't think of any reason anyone would want them in a party, when Keldorn, Minsc and Korgan are better fighters, Edwin is a good spellcaster, Jaheira is a good cleric and fighter, Aerie has tons of spells (though she is moany and dies a lot!), Nalia is an okay mage with thief skills, and then there's Jan....oh for a 7 person party....I would love him along just for comic amusement, but regrettably no room. :( And Imoen is annoying as heck. If she says "Now you see me..." next time she hides in shadows, I think I'll have Keldorn cleave her in two!

2. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] :whoa:

why are you hatin' on bards? Never have to identify an item, a distinct pain in the rump without a bard, song has great bonuses to all of the party, and if you're a skald, even better. Can cast pretty high mage spells, can pick pockets, and can make use of all the fantastic bard items scattered throughout the game (harps excluded... didn't like them much). Moreover, bards get a nifty keep, and I think, offer the most challenging roleplay and gameplay. In t.o.b., bards get a variety of special abilities which are pretty funky as well. I'm biased because that's all I ever seem to play, but I think I have a point here. The game isn't all about power to me, and I think the bard offers the most delicate balance of all abilities (although I do wish they could have a few more thieving abilities like find traps or picklocks)

Anyway, Haerdalis was one of the only NPC's who comes with his own colours. If you go changing his wardrobe, you'll never get his original clothes again. Also, his dialogue was pretty funny I thought. The bard in the original BG was much worse I thought.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.