1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poor are we, computer addicts

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I used to play the sims so much i used to think my status bars were low in real life

Now after playing BG1,BG2,IWD1,IWD2 I want all my food cooked over an open fire. :eek:

Scary Note: After work last night i actually caugt myself trying to hide in the shadows

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The Sims :evil:

I actually tried increasing the bars to get better results at the uni. And it worked :lol:

3. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I dreamed myself into BG a while back. I was arguing with another me as to why a Monk can't wield a staff :eek:

All this time later, all the self-help (for it evidently troubled me deeply), and I still don't understand.

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I keep thinking of how much HP people have, the way the HP system is flawed, and what class and level people are.

I keep daydreaming of how life would be as an Epic-level wizard...

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Just thought of another one: After I had completed my final exams at school (I mean the really final ones) I thought I'd hear the "Diablo II" level-up sound and felt the need to press a red button for skill distribution; that was very weird.

6. chevalier

Media:
    I caught myself trying to lay hands on people for injure recovery (had my hands already extended) and detect evil (was focusing my mind on evil detection). Once I also regretted sorely I couldn't throw a fireball in a direction of my choice.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think of my friend by his screenname now :-/

8. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I went to pick strawberries yesterday and pretended to be a food gatherer from Empire Earth.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You people are all NUTS... that kind of stuff never *ever* happend to me. And I play video games a lot.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

One day the games will get to you, I promise.

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

-Lol is a common word I use with my friends as well.

-HC is another one (spelled "h" "c"), stands for hardcore.

-I used to be quite active in my attempts to use the force to switch lights etc. Now I only do it once a few months.

-I often see "stairs" when I look at angled lines in real life, and think "man I need to turn the antialiasing up". Not as much confusing the real with the unreal. It's more of a longing for the ability to change display settings like you could in a computer.

-Reload syndrome happens a few times a year.

-Also when I injure a bodypart, I usually get the thought of throwing it away and ordering a new one in to replace it.

12. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Bwahaha - and I thought I was bad after getting mocked for saying w00t.
    Yea, I often (day)dream about achieving mastery of Magic & Mysteries too.
    Furthermore, I've caught myself actually floating off the ground when trying to use the force to fly - I need counseling.
    LOL in fact means fun in Dutch (the language spoken in Holland) so it's not that crazy for me to use it.
    :borg:

13. chevalier

Media:
    Aik, I refer to my brother by his screenname...

14. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Whenever I'm about to do something that might not turn out quite right, I always forget how to quicksave..... When it hits me that I'm going slightly mad, I force myself out the door and go somewhere for a while. Then I realise I've just wasted 2 hours of good gaming time, and try to load back up to redo the last few hours. I think I need a computer break of a few months..... Then again, what does it matter? If computer games are escapism, I'm an escapist!!!

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I Dreamed of being In Alice and the only way to go to wonderland was to **** her so I did.

And then my twisted fantasies get mixed with wonderland and it was one great trip but when I told my ex girlfriend about it she look at me in that "your stupid" way just like she did when I wore my Immortall shirt....

But I had an ensouled scimitar!

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ooh, all of this is so very familar.... in fact, a few weeks back after excessively playing Zangband and being repeatedly killed by spiders (no saves in that one) I nearly fell on my knees when i saw a spider in the kitchen, in order to pray for Lolth to not to kill any more of them off :p

And yeah, saying lol is addictive :p

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Ok, I was about to say "none of this has ever happened to me!" (well... I used to actually dodge the Cyberdemone's missiles in Doom (E2M8) 10 years ago... but that was a long time ago!), then I read Foradasthar's post, saw HC and immediately thought, "what's Heroes Chronicles got to do with anything?"

So I suppose we all ARE nuts after all!

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The occasional LoL does come out of my mouth but fortunatly Lol in dutch means having fun, so it doesn't sound weird when I use it when talking to a countryman.

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I lol quite a bit and, yesterday, when picking up a pot of boiling water I had a strong feeling that there was a button I could press to quicksave, in case I spilt some onto me. Wierd.

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I sometimes fin myself wating to click on people to find out their hp...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.