1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

this 'topic' definitely needs to be renamed...

Big B's Posts for Star Wars, possibly occupying a lot space, #1 :grin:

only a week and a half to go!

2. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Today, May 7, 2002, leaves 7 more days left till the best of of the year comes out, STAR WARS:ATTACK OF THE CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

3. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Sorry to dissappoint you, buddy, but you posted on may 8. 8 days left. 8.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited May 08, 2002).]

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Tal, maybe time for a new feuture on this boards: The Starwars Filter :)

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

SlimShogun: It might have been the 7th where Findol The Swift was posting from...

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have discovered the word 'teehehe' is actually a very funny word :hahaerr:

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:hahaerr:I dont see anyone laughing?
    Then again this is the Post-For-Random-Babbling-Possible-With-Some-Sense-#3...so i suppose that is allowed.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Does anyone know anything about bread?

I have a bead project thats in for tuesday

I do not want a default slip! (three = detention)

I've got about half of what I need

Any help?

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

All right Big B, I am happy that you started with only 30 days to go. At least the SW movie will be out soon :D

Findol my boy brother. No. You posted on May 8th 2002 at 3:19. And where you come from it is May 8th. To day May 8th. Got that? I hope so.

10. [​IMG] ARGH!!!! I went to school at 8:10am this morning for a long jump practice and NO teacher showed up!!! They had a schedule and it said, "Long Jump - Morning - Wednesday". So I was waiting for a teacher for long jump for 50 minutes in the morning!!! And then sign up sheets for long jump showed up at lunch. I'm so pissed!!!

11. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

But i posted yesterday (in the USofA) at around 8:30, May the seventh. Belive me! now there's only 8 more days, (or 7, i'm not sure we most of you people's live)

12. Don't worry, Findol, everyone lives in different time zones.

13. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

In the USofA at the moment (In Indiana) it's 7:18 P.M. on May 8. not may 9, oh well.

14. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Sorry to disappoint you again, but isn't AotC released on may 16th in the US (where I live)? That would be nine days after May 7th and eight days after May 8th.

15. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31

Your right, I just didn't do my math right.:(the last few days have not been my days!)

16. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] ******
    DAY 7

Theed Palace, Naboo

The large, grand cruiser of the Supreme Chancellor lands in the courtyard of the main hanger. Captain Panaka and twenty troops guard Nute Gunray and Rune Haako. Obi-Wan, Queen Amidala, and her handmaidens stand before the Neimodians.

"Now, Viceroy, you are going to have to go back to the Senate and explain all this." - Queen Amidala

"I think you can kiss your Trade franchise goodbye." - Captain Panaka

The main ramp of the cruiser is lowered and Grand Chancellor Palpatine and several Republic guards descend the walkway, followed by Yoda and several other Jedi Masters.

"Congratulations on your election, Chancellor. It is so good to see you again." - Queen Amidala

"It's good to be home. Your boldness has saved our people, Your Majesty. It is you who should be congratulated. Together we shall bring peace and prosperity to the Republic." - Chancellor Palpatine

(walks over to Obi-Wan and Anakin)

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, we are indebted to your bravery. And you young Skywalker, we will watch your career in great interest." - Chancellor Palpatine

TURRET ROOM - NABOO PALACE - LATE DAY

The sun streams into the multi-windowed room at a low angle. It is not quite sunset. Yoda paces before Obi-Wan, who is kneeling in the center of the room.

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Coucil does. But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not." - Yoda

"Qui-Gon believed in him. Why can't you?" - Obi-Wan

"The Chosen One the boy may be; nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training." - Yoda

"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin. Without the approval of the Council if I must." - Obi-Wan

"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you. Need that, you do not. Agree, the council does. Your apprentice, young Skywalker will be." - Yoda

NEWSFLASH

Attack of the Clones has been rated PG in the UK. All other Star Wars movies were given a U rating in the UK. Also, Australia rates it as PG (with Medium Level Violence and Adult Themes) while TPM was only given PG (Low Level Violence.) Take that as you will.

George Lucas called up a couple of fans that have been waiting in line since Jan 1. That was cool.

I saw an interview with Sam Jackson done by Connie Chung. All I have to say is she is a huge twit. Throughout the interview some of the looks Sam gave her were hilarious. I could tell he wanted to bust his lightsaber out on her ;) :evil:. Speaking of Sam, check out these deep pics of Mace Windu (no spoilers):

Don't think too hard there Sam PS Sam manages to keep his hands away from his chin when he fights, I promise. ;)

C-ya tomorrow

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited May 09, 2002).]

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] >*** Guest79300 has joined #kitty
    <Ragusa> well, powergaming is nothing bad in itself
    <Guest79300> ÊÇÑÊ´Õ¤èÐ
    <Ragusa> @@#*+ß^
    <Ragusa> @#*^@|<&%!!
    *** Guest79300 has left #kitty
    <Ragusa> *G*:evil::evil::evil::evil::coffee::1eye:

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] LOL Ragusa!! :grin:

Bix, Blind Guardian is on the 18th...Saturday...8:30...Just over a week to go...argh *wishes for patience*

Yerril, I AM a traitorous wench. :p Well spotted. I'm not averse to being worshipped, of course, but the invention of a love affair shows altogether too much imagination for comfort. Didn't the nice doctor at your psychiatric ward tell you that it isn't polite to lie? ;)

BTW, nice new title Tal.... (Guess I'M not that observant.)

19. After five minutes with me, the nice doctor was the one who needed psychiatric attention.

:bigeyes:

:love: Mindless worship works for me! :love:

EDIT: Muppet, can't even spellinate "psychiatric"

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited May 09, 2002).]

20. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The boards are back up yay :grin:

More tech support logs-

One night working at technical support, this old lady called and told me that she received our disk and said that she's afraid of it.

Tech Support: "Well ma'am, there is nothing to be afraid of. It's for your computer."
    Customer: "Well, I don't have a computer. The directions say 'install and run'. I'm too old to run."
    Tech Support: "Ma'am, could you please hold?"
    I need a brief pause to scream with laughter.
    Tech Support: "Ma'am, I can assure you that you are ok."
    Customer: "Ok. Should I call the police?"
    Tech Support: "No, ma'am, just throw it away."
    Customer: "Well, there is a silver thing that slides across, and it clicks. What is that?"
    Tech Support: "It is safe to throw it away. It's for a computer, ok?"
    Customer: "But is this a bomb?"
    Tech Support: "No, ma'am, just throw it away."
    Customer: "Now?"
    Tech Support: "Yes, if you like."
    Customer: "Son, you saved my life! Thank you, and have a nice day."

Customer: "I just got your software in the mail, and what I wanted to know was...will I be charged if I just look at the software? I mean, I don't even have a modem yet."

Customer: "I got one o' these here disks of yours. Is this one a those new home security systems, that all I have to do is put it here in my winda, and it'll scare away burgulars?"
    Tech Support: "No, sir, this is for a computer. Do you own a computer?"
    Customer: "Well, hell, what do I need with a computer? I just got me one o' them 45-inch big screen TV's. I don't need no computer!"

Customer: "You sent me this diskette. Are you gonna send me a computer so I can run this?"
    Tech Support: "Excuse me?"

The revenge of the tech support

I had just completed a test install of a LAN-based remote control tool, when a VERY dependant secretary called my office. She calls me way too often to have me show her how to do very basic things. Her boss, "Don," insisted that "Tess" did not need special training, only my occasional assistance. That day, Tess was frustrated while trying to learn how to use the thesaurus feature in Word 97. I recommended that she use the Help Assistant to learn. She was unaware of how the assistant worked; an idea came to mind.

Me: "Go to 'Help' and choose 'Microsoft Word Help'."
    Her: "Ok. A little paper clip came up. Ha ha!"
    Me: "Now, see the text box? Keep your eye on it, and tell me what it says."
    Her: "'Hi...Tess.... So you want...to learn about...the thesaurus...today?'"
    Me: "Now say 'Yes.' Don't type it."
    Her: "'Yes.'"
    Me: "Now what does it say?"
    Her: "First...I must suggest you...read 'Word 97...for Dummies.'"
    Me: "Ask where it is."
    Her: "Where is it?" (pause) "It says it is in my cabinet above my desk."
    Me: "Oh, good. Always trust the Help Assistant. You will be proficient very soon. Now the assistant knows you are going to get smarter, so it will now want you to type your questions in that box."
    Her: "Hey Don, I can talk to my computer!"
    Me: "Gotta go!" (click) :evil:

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited May 09, 2002).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.