1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Hey I agree, just saying that in a typical RPG/computer game playing population girls are a definite (albeit essential) minority.

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] /Breaks away from talking about girls.

Woohooo 30 days until Star Wars!!!

To ease the wait I'm going to post some of my favorite Star Wars moments each day in a countdown. A commemoration type thing if you will. (I know, there's no hope for me :p)

I think this is a good scene to start with:

"Where are those transmissions you intercepted? What have you done with those plans?" - Darth Vader

"We intercepted no transmissions. Aaaah...This is a consular ship. We're on a diplomatic mission..." - Rebel Officer

"If this is a consular ship...where is the Ambassador?!" - Vader

CRUNCH :grin:

"Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans and bring me the Ambassador. I want her alive!" - Vader

C-ya tomorrow

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    After re-reading said offensive post, I believe that this guy was trying to make a humorous post, but hasn't yet grasped the art of smilies :)

Ara
    (Slyterins rock. Period.)

4. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

i'm sure most of your people have heard the "life is like a wheel, it goes round and round" thing. here's a comical proof of it.

SUCCESS:

At age 4 success is . . . . not peeing in your pants.
    At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
    At age 16 success is . . . having a drivers license.
    At age 20 success is . . . having sex.
    At age 35 success is . . . having money.
    At age 50 success is . . . having money.
    At age 60 success is . . . having sex.
    At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
    At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
    At age 80 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You can't have a driver's license in the UK at 16 :p

6. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think you cen get a scooter one (I think also a Reliant Robin one, they count as scooters or some such nonsense)...

7. Arabwel

Media:
    What the heck is a Reliant Robin? Batman's dog? :)

In Finland you get BOTH driver's licence and the right to buy beer at the same time. A bloody stupid thing if you ask me....

Ara
    (Still looking like a 60's reject.... urrrgh...)

8. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

hehe - a reliant robin is a (very) british curiousity, a three wheeled van, made out of fibreglass. They are very slow, relatively unsafe, very uncool (in fact, so uncool they are even beyond the "so uncool its cool" status of many bad cars).

they have a tendancy to tip over in high winds, and if you scrub the kerb if you're going too fast.

they are rubbish, but a cult item, nonetheless - largely thanks to their starring role in "Only Fools and Horses" - class (again very British) sitcom...
    http://www.3wheelers.com/relarch.html

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited April 16, 2002).]

9. Arabwel

Media:
    I have seen them. here in FInland they are used by some old or disabled people who can't really drive a car. (I think my old neighboaur might have gotten one after this guy I went {briefly} to school with blew off most of his arm with a shotgun)

But another rant:

Why to people care about age in relationships? I mean, I see nothing wrong if there's a twenty-year age gap between two people who are in love, but there are people who get all huffy even from a couple of year's difference! And why is that an older guy with a younger girl is found acceptable, but not an older girl with an younger guy? (I actually know a girl who is my age, soon 17, who is dating a guy who will be 13 this year...)
    I mean, age doesn't matter if both parties are mature enough to know what they are doing and to accept the responsibility of their actions.

/end rant mode

Ara
    (Still having a sunflower thew size of my mouse pad pinned to my chest.... Aaaaaaaah! And I am doing this VOLUNTARILY? I must be nuttier than a fruitcake!)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited April 16, 2002).]

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Age might not matter but the law does.

Only a mounth away till summer vaction! A long mounth.....

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, when one of the involved is a minor then it matters, but when both are old enough to do whatever they want, why is it still frowned upon?

Ara
    (Feeling a bit edgy and annoyed... beware sarcasm.... perhaps even irony... or... or...*loud whisper* satire!)

12. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

Age does matter a little, though. Let's look at a ten-year gap. There's a very big difference between a 13 year old and a 23 year old. A 23 year old should be jailed for having an intimate relationship with a child. A normal 23 year old and a normal 13 year old are developmentally on opposite ends of the spectrum. At 13, you're still growing and changing physically and mentally, 13 is only just a little past childhood. At 23, a person is fully an adult, physically and hopefully mentally. 13 and 23 have different ideas, different approaches to the world.

However, a 20 year old and 30 year old is alright. They have more in common. The younger person in the relationship is of legal age. The 20 year old is an adult, and the 30 year old is just an older adult. Their interests and views might be different due to their age, but it isn't nearly as apparent as the 13-23 year olds.

Just think of it like this: On his way home from the office, a 23 year old guy stops at the middle school to pick up his girlfriend. That sounds weird, doesn't it?

What I'm saying is, age matters less and less the older you get, but it is still important when you're in your teens.

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

But at least that way she has a ride home from school.

Plus, the boyfriend is closer to the faculty's age, so he can scope for hot single chicks among his girlfriend's teachers.

14. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Speaking from experience are we?

15. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

Hmmm, now that you put it that way, Shralp, I guess it really IS ok.

16. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Arabwel, the thing is.... both parties might believe they are mature enough at the time, when in fact they are not. Love is blind, after all.

Even an adult man who's dating a teenage girl might think he knows what he's doing. They're easily preoccupied by other things, as opposed to thinking more thoroughly on the consequences of the relationship.

I do, however, believe it's possible for someone to have a successful relationship with an older person. But the majority of the relationships will not be successful.

Just ask Shralp.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited April 16, 2002).]

17. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

It's not my fault!

She picked me up on the internet! How was I supposed to know "Extremist" was really a girl in elementary school and not a Croatian guy?!?!

18. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Shralp, I thought it was pretty obvious.

I mean, really...... all that love and hate... only girls can swing that quickly. :p

19. That is very very worrying...

The same thing happened to me!

20. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Sir Yerril, you fell in love with an elementary school girl posing as a Croatian harmonium officer? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.