1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Powergamer's dream

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Modjahed, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] What can I say? :xx: I'm not a trapper, so I missed them among all the HLA's. Haven't actually played any BG2 since before my previous PC totally burned up - electrical fire. :cry:
    So, you were in chapter 6 when you dual classed?

You - together with Alex (Ascension mod... ) - can take credit for me installing Baldur's Gate once more. :)
    I just begun a BG1 mc F/M hoping to solo her all the way through ToB.

2. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The joy of powergaming...
    at least to me is developing the strategy and tactics to OPTIMIZE a character or characters. Once I see that there is no challenge for the character(s), it's time for the next scenario. Everybody has their own idea of fun. Let's not force our opinions on others.

Hats off to Modjahed, a power gamer supreme. With my experience (still learning), I would have thought the game would be much easier completed as a mage type (single, dual or multi-class). Yet, Modjahed has created a super hero from a fighter-thief!

3. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why didnt ye use power armor as well???
    AC - 10! Made of golden and silver and brons pantalons....

NO powergaming sux, but can be fun playing multi against eachother. If ye use cheatcodes to summon creatures and stuff.

4. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I thought that as soon as you change class, all the surplus experience over and above what it took you to just get to your current level was dropped. So micromanaging the experience like Shadow Daemon says would have to be done...well it wouldn't. I've only dual classed a couple times ever so I might be wrong, but I'm sure enough that I'd be willing to place an embarrassing wager on it.

5. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Yes... it's a powergamer's dream if that powergamer can stand playing a solo thief for 25 levels...

My swashbuckler(17,18,16,9,18,9 - 3 Dual Wield, 1 Long Sword, Max Find Traps, Open Locks, half Set Traps) is on day 7 game time and still on the first level of Irenicus' Dungeon... skipping the Cambion might have saved some time though...

6. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Alex:

I just :love: love :love: Swashbuvklers. I think they are the best kit in the game and are GREAT for any kind of Dual-class.

I even beat the game with a Swashbuckler.

For me the transition period with a solo fighter was much harder, than the beginning with a Swashie.

7. Cool!!!

My super guy is now a leve 40 fighter!!!

Paddy!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.