1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Queen Mother

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Christopher_Lee, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

2. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Don't you love it when fools try to play mother to humor?

3. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You're pseudo-depth just astonishes me.

4. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] (previous context erased!)

Sorry, Damona. We shouldn't flame on SP.

My personal opinion of The Queen is that she is a welcome figurehead. She adds flavor to a country that would otherwise be America - so high praise be to the Queen Mother; long last the holy line of British royalty!

[This message has been edited by Xaelifer (edited April 13, 2002).]

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] She's being morned so much because she was one of the nicest darned people to ever grace Great Britain. She wouldn't flee to Canada during the war, she stayed with her people. Even after the palace was bombed she still stayed in London. This is hard for any non English person to understand but, she really was loved to bits by nearly everyone here. She was the war time queen, who would rather die than leave her people to be killed. And Vukodlak, whats this sah crap, not a single Brit says "sah". :mad:

Also, she was WAY above the average 101 year old, most of you other than shralp and a few others don't have a damned clue what you're talking about! She gave MILLIONS to charitys, she gave blood nearly EVERY week!
    She gave Berty the strength to be king of a nation fighting an overwhelming force with very few allies helping them at the time. France was out so we were almost on our own until the USA entered. Please don't say 'whats the big deal', it is a big deal, and there'll be no one like her ever again...

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited April 13, 2002).]

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You kinda forgot to mention that Canada got its @$$ burned fighting for the British too. Of course, I'm not saying we suffered as much as you Brits, not even close, but we did help you enough, I hope, to get mentioned somewhere (giving you pilots and planes during the Battle of Britain, and losing a crap-load of men and ships to the U-boats, until we made those Corvettes to take them out).

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Queen mother was one of the Greatest women in Royal history. She gave a hell of a lot for charity, she made a lot of peoples lives more enjoyable and saved quite a few too.

Imo she was a more decent and damn site more important person than i will ever be, and i think we should mourn for her out of respect at the very least. You are intitled to your own opinion of course, but to take your sudden lack of mid afternoon shopping out on this fine lady is not fair. She could not help being royal and she made a damn good job at it.

Oh and Xaelifer: It is people like you who drive me to believe that Americans are assholes. You really are a disgusting little boy and either say something half decent or f**k off. (just shows how good your parents are)
    [No personal attacks please; take this kind of thing to email if you have to - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 15, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.