1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Isn't it a turnoff to know a woman sweats so much that even laundry detergent can't help?

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    On the contrary, she was clearly trying to tell Ragusa something. :p

4. Morgoth

Media:
    Smart girl! It was a rhetorical question :D

5. Triactus

Media:
    that she exercices? Showing is a lot better than telling... :)

If I had been Ragusa and she had asked me how to remove the sweat from her laundry, I would have answered "I dunno, I don't do much laundry. I only wear clothes in public". Then you gage her reaction. :D

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This article is just too funy to not share. Talk about kinky! It's not a drastic news article, so I'll reprint it here in a spoiler.

A 24-year-old man is accused of stealing earrings from a jewelry store in Boston by sticking them between his butt cheeks.

Police said a female employee was showing the man earrings, but when she turned away briefly, the man walked out of the store. The woman noticed a set of earrings was missing, so she ran after him and told him to return to the store.

The man returned to the store with her and waited for police to arrive. After a couple of questions, the man admitted to taking the earrings, police said.

The man then reached into his boxers and "retrieved the earrings from between his buttocks and placed the earrings on the counter," Boston police said in a release with the headline, "Earrings aren't meant to be worn there."

"The suspect, after retrieving the earrings, told officers, 'You better arrest me, 'cause I need to learn a lesson.'"
    Sick sick sick. I bet this guy has a life story that'd make fascinating reading!

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't know Rags, I think you two are a match. She suddenly pops up with 'unexpected' questions and you suddenly post 'Spams' here in BoM. :D

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...a whole group of my friends went up to Idaho for Octoberfast. It's an amateur autocross consisting of everyday cars and daily drivers that are tweaked for performance. I wanted to go, but my car is nowhere near being ready for autocross. :bad: I also think it's funny that "OctoberFast" is goin on in September. :rolleyes:

My friend Chris his racing is 2008 Honda Civic Si (he's favored to win in his class), my friend Tyler is racing his sweet 2007 Honda Accord, and a guy I work is racing a Mazda Miata....with a Corvette engine under the hood! :eek:

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sitting down for 5 minutes and having a coffee is fast becoming the highlight of my day. Thought I'd have more time to sort out housework etc once Ashley went to school but it turns out I seem to have less.
    One of the reasons for this is that I am now being trained to work with a local NHS trust to liase between patients, audiology and the RNID and I'm the only person in a 50 miles radius of the said trust! Ah well, at least it's a job I love :D

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Kitrax, the Munich Oktoberfest, traditionally, takes place during the sixteen days up to and including the first Sunday in October. Meaning, most of the time it is in fact in September.

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Ahahahahaha!!! Stephen Colbert's congressional address made me ROTFLMFAO!!! :shake: :lol: :shake:

Today was dragging on and on, until I saw the video. After that, the rest of my day went pretty well. :thumb:

Oh.....ok then. I didn't know that. So, uhhhh....Rags...when and where is Beerfest held? <_< 0_0 >_> ..........What?

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Kitrax, Beerfest? That's a secret as you full well know :p

13. Morgoth

Media:
    Kitrax, what about now and in Munich? Here is a Boston Big Picture thread for you.

Be sure to check pictures 1, 14, 17, 22, 26, 34 and 38 (the one on the right :love:).

The girls here can check out picture 28 for an image of a real man. :p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  14. Triactus

Media:
    hmmmm... picture 38... *drools*

15. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, you see.....I, errrr......I have this urn..... :p

16. Ragusa

Media:
    I had a verbal brush with bouncers yesterday evening. Went to a club, queued in, listening to music on my mp3 player, after all waiting is boring - to then see that there were in fact two queues, one leading into some yard way, and another to said club. I thought that there must be some new club here, and I am in the wrong queue, so went over to the one in front of the club.

Mistake. As I would later learn, from friends, as the people I dealt with were unable to communicate that, the club was obliged, after neighbours had complained, to keep the exit from the yard open, and had thus split the queue, and hired some bouncer auxiliary troupe to keep order. No sign or information about that.

Anyway, along comes some guy yelling at me. Naturally, with my earphones, I couldn't understand him. So I put them out, and he had apparently ordered me to go back into the other queue, right now. I asked him who he was, who he was working for, and what the hell he wanted from me. He elaborated that he didn't just wanted me to go back where I had stood before, but all the way back, apparently as punishment for my 'transgression'. I asked him if he was sure that he wasn't joking. He wasn't. After that bad start, things went downhill somewhat further - he felt disrespected and threatened to expel me from the club (which was funny, considering that I was not even in the club but still on a public street, where he had zero authority to expel me from anything), while I was 'not amused' and not at all inclined to obey his orders. A classical case of dysfunctional communication.

I eventually simply turned my back, and went back on the street, called my friends, who were already in the club, and asked them whether they wanted to leave as I didn't exactly want to spend time and money at a club that employs inferiority complex ridden morons with an urge to assert themselves. Alas, they wanted to stay.

Now comes the funny part: As soon as I had finished my call the head honcho of the bouncer auxiliaries came to me and asked me whether I had just called the police. I asked him whether I should have, and whether there might have been a reason to. He became evasive ... it's a stressful evening and some people are out for trouble ... yadda yadda yadda. I told him that certainly I had no quarrel with them, and that I only wanted in that bloody club, without being ordered around for a silly dance, and generally be left alone. To their credit, they then did leave me alone and let me enter the club, even reinstated my old place in the line.

It still was annoying. Worse, the club sucked, the crowd was bad, the music was horrible, and we didn't stay there long, and my friends compensated me for their bad decision to stay by joining me in going to a decent bar. About as soon as we left, the evening took a turn to the decidedly better.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate to be picky but I think you meant 'queue', nut 'cue'. The first is a line you stand in, the second is something you play snooker with :lol:

ION
    A load of our friends and there kids came round last night. There was about 24 of us. Rob and I supplied the booze and a pot of curry and everyone else brought rice, naan bread, dessert etc. It was a really good night. The whole group of us normally try to go out for a meal every few months but things have been tight for a few people lately.
    It actually worked out better as it was a much more relaxed evening. We're going to do it again in a couple of months

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Silvery,
    it's a 'false friend' then. Queue is the German word for the thing you play billiard or snooker with. Thought it can't be right. Hah! Thanks. :)

A silly bit on the bouncers: The main bouncer troupe in that club belongs to a company named 'GIPS' (gypsum), and have that written on their t-shirts, which is why I call them the 'Gipser' (plasterers). Their auxiliaries didn't belong to the company and wore 'Ordner' (i.e. marshal) t-shirts. That only confirmed my initial impression that I was standing in the wrong line. Anyway, them cooperation made them Hilfs-Gipser (auxiliary plasterers), and their head honcho an Ober-Hilfs-Gipser (head auxiliary plasterer).

My hunch is that you can only become a full fledged Gipser when you weigh 110kg and are 1,90 metres tall and shave your head.

19. Silvery

Media:
    Well, you know what us Englishers are like, always have to complicate matters of language!

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I think you mean *their* kids :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.