1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 113

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What a coincidence! I am just finished getting drunk with my elder brother (which really was overdue) ...

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 10 seconds later... ----------

If that is your view you'll never understand. You have my deepest sympathies though ;)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Rune and I are similar on that point, Sil... why do you think I avoid the alleys?

ION, I just added a first in my collection -- an HSPA phone. I was pondering leaving iDEN and continue my contract on CDMA, but the enV3/Keybo2 doesn't fare too well on the signal front, and putting the phone to the test, nope. Fine MP3 player, but no substitute to my iDEN in the phone department. I remembered seeing a HSPA Nokia when I bought my enV3, and I went "Hmmm..." I fully plan on unlocking this bastard, getting a Telus HSPA SIM, and just hop on the fabled HSPA network. Time to put all the hype to the test... and I think this bastard happens to have quad-band GSM, too, so that kind of sweetens the deal. I can take the phone to ANY carrier that has GSM/HSPA. Also, I was shocked to see a memory card menu. I was like "WTF?", and found a 1GB memory card. My jaw dropped to the floor... in the past, there's NO WAY Bell would have given a memory card with a phone. At any rate, thank you, you worthless bastards, I'll make sure to enjoy the free memory card while using the phone on Telus.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Come into the FAI Dotty and join the party

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    In regards to the whole 'hitting on taken individuals' subject...

[snip]

[You can read all about it in his MUG post once he gets around to reposting it there. -Tal]

[Meh...if you random peoples didn't read it before Ol' Pinky snipped it....then I guess you're just SOL. :p Until the MUG has the exact same look/feel/functionality as the rest of the BoM, you can count me out. - Kit]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Then there's the whole "taken people hitting on others" thing....

[snip]

[I never really did post anything after the "...." - T2]

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    And I'm pretty sure that's actually a bigger problem than the former.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    One of my cats often lies half on the keyboard. Please kitty, stop moving your tail.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    ... ah yes, that attention thing. My 12 pound tomcat likes to do that as well. And he's always moping when I chase him off. Bless him :D

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I jst burst into tears. My step-dad is losing his memory. It's come on over the past few years but got quite bad lately. I said to Rob tonight I've had one dad die on me and now I've got one who's going to forget me. I'm feeling a bit useless about the whole thing. I can't fix him

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've got an upcoming week off, and yeah, quite possible. I'll complete the party by bringing my fog generator.

As for your step-dad, for the last year or so I noticed my grandmother going down the same road. Slowly starting to forget stuff, doesn't always make sense... so I know the feeling, I really do.

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That is harder as a sudden thing. It can eat you.

My mother took 6 months to die. A lung-cancer got into her head and she was losing it. slowly. we did not notice and suddenly in December we knew. It took until Middle Saturday. My dad did not accept it and cared for her even if she did not want to. the last week was the first week of Wimbledon and I sat for hours in her room with a little tv she was aware until the last moment.

What I came to post is a little gaming thing. And that is the logic of things. I am playing DA awakenings and met a beggar who is as it should or should not(different topic) next to an open chest with 35 pieces of silver. I find this sloppy. Yes I open the boxes but they should be empty or not there at all. It is useless filling of the screen. And in 2010 game-makers must do better.

12. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

*hugs Silvery*

13. Silvery

Media:
    Aww, thanks baby. Just ignore me though, I'm a drunken, maudling old fool!

ION, my friend from school (who now lives round the corner from me) is number 6 in the download charts! Now, I'm not into dance music but if any of you are then PLEASE download Baker Street featuring Lady V (Lady V is my mate). It's not a bad version as dance music goes :lol:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  14. Merlanni

Media:
    You are junior to me

15. Kitrax

Media:
    You guys are lucky. My old cat (RIP you fat lard butt of a cat ;) ) would sleep at the foot of my bed pretty much every night. On nights that she decided that she wanted out, she would scratch at the door...but my parents had her de-clawed after moving to Utah, so that didn't work for her anymore. Instead, she would walk on top of me and start kneading. This was before I moved out, and I was a very heavy sleeper, so that usually didn't wake me up either. On several occasions, she would walk up to my head, and flop down on top of my face. I'd wake up very shortly after because I couldn't breathe. -.- She may have been a gigantic fat blob, but she was smart. :rolleyes:
    It’s because of times like those, that I try to spread awareness that pet cats are probably trying to kill their owners. :shake:

At first, I read that as "I can eat you." :eek:

Also, if you just so happen to be in to cannibalism, and *could* eat me............I'd rather you not.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My grandads' mother had dementia. He always said when the time came he didn't want to lose himself like she did. It's all I could remember him saying when I got the phone call saying that the cancer had got into his brain and that he'd started to forget things.

Still lose sleep over it.

Kev and I are hoping to get a Toyger when we get a place together, pretty expensive house cats, but he has his heart set on it.

17. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

*a sudden smile appears on the pale face, the upturned lips narrow and resembling a fresh scar in their redness* Hello, Clarice. :D:D:D

Googled the race of cats... damn, this is *such* a walking anamorph. Cool!

Had folks come over for a few hours. 'Tis true what the proverbs say - the further you are from them, the fonder you are of them...;)

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Russian Blue FTW! :love:

[​IMG]

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    The reality is run by an twisted. evil A.I. from the future with a bad sense of humor.

All the tragedies of the world have been and are caused by it. For lulz.

For instance, the II WW happened only so that we would have kitlers. *shudders* :mommy:

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow Kit, you must be desperate.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.