1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    this is clearly a sign the government is conducting illegal intelligence gathering activities on immigrants, think about it

NANCY = Non Arian Night Coverage Yearly

The evidence is there you only have to look for it maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
    [/thinfoil hat]
    :rolleyes::p

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't know. Possibly their favorite milkman was making a delivery???

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So all women named Nancy take off work when it's snowing in order to see their favorite milkman (who, by the way, haven't been around in the US since the '60s, so we're assuming this milkman is at least 70). And all those women are really robots with the codename Non Arian Night Coverage Yearly, which implies that they search for Non whites every night and charge by the year. THAT is where our tax dollars are going, my friends. Even non-US board members are losing their tax money to those Nancies.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

According to who Saber? There is Milk Delivery here in IL. Putting down Milk delivery like that?! What is wrong with you boy! These days you kids are nothing but disrespectful to the old ways ....:p

6. Ofelix

Media:
    I think he meant to say milk delivery is not ubiquitous as it used to be. Anyway, the whole point of technological discoveries is to get rid of old inefficient stuff.

I supposed you begin every phone call with "Operator give me Mr. Fuzzelworthson's line please" :D

On other unrelated "news";
    I quite enjoy Pink Floyd, that is all.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Are you trying to tell me that my rotary phone is out-dated? :p I love the ring so much, it's one of those historic sounds that I just can't let go of.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Oh yes, I've got the same sound as a ring tone on my smartphone. It's oddly satisfying. Actually I was referring to the even older phone, where they didn't had rotary dials, you had to ask the operator to connect to someone's line.

You know, those things

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    My phone makes the Codec ring from Metal Gear Solid. Just sayin'

10. Blades of Vanatar

My Ringtone is my wife saying "Hey Big Daddy.." in sexy voice. Most of my co-workers are women, which cracks them up. :)

My boss gives me the "you're an idiot" look though. But he's a know-nothing douchebag, so no worries on that front.;)

11. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Okay, you win :D

12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sounds like you and your boss have an excellent rapport! ;)

13. Blades of Vanatar

Only if you are praising him. Or if you are talking baseball. The one thing we both have in common. But he's a Yankees fan, so even that forum is usually a total waste... but he's just about 5 feet tall, so that explains alot. Usually when he is blabbing away with some inane comment, I envision him as about 2-3 inches tall and the sole of my shoe coming down on his head. Good times. :)

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    LOL. Dealing with a boss who suffers from the Napoleon Complex is no fun.

On the other hand, for all I know, the people who report to me where I work make similar comments about me on their favorite message boards. I think I'm extremely fair, understanding, and even motivating as a boss. But that's just my side of the story.... :p

15. Blades of Vanatar

I doubt my boss thinks the same of himself as you do. Or even cares. He has openly admitted he is riding out the last few years until retirement. He knows nothing about what we do, as we are an Import/Export compliance team and he is a lawyer with no background. A favor is what landed him his job. He does nothing for our office or organization that does not directly benefit himself. Self-loathing is the best descriptor I can think of for him. The rest of the office is awesome to work with and most of us actually care about our jobs and our company. There are several other high-end management types that work indirectly with my group that I would love to work for. I just landed the bad-apple of hte bunch. Just a few more years and then, hopefully, his direct underling takes the position, as she is the one who really gets things done as it is.

But enough of that rant. I'm having a BIG FAT BURGER for dinner. Can't wait!:yum:

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My boss is a right cow. She gets snappy if she hasn't had a cigerette, she's *****y, she hates dealing with customers, she'll spend hours working on a design and have a tantrum if it doesn't go right and she drinks like a fish.

Hang on, I'M my boss

Marceror likes this.
  17. Marceror

Media:
    LMAO!! Take some rep from my ball-less a$$ for giving me a good laugh! I guess quitting your job isn't going to help you much, as that was going to be my suggestion! :p

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Had a drink with the girls at my floor again... pffft. It's not that they are decent drinkers, it's just that their inane rambling makes it easier for me to drink myself into a stupor.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  19. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    You're with girls (plural), drinking, and all you can think about is that they're rambling? :lol:

20. Ofelix

Media:
    I concur with Triactus, that seems to be a pretty low priority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.