1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    All my 3 year old knows about bums is
    1) Mummy, I've got a wedgie...it's monkey-bump!
    2) I need to do a big poo
    3) I fell over and bumped my bum

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh hell no, that would be discriminatory towards the GLBT snowpeople community. C'mon what does it matter what two snowmen do together ? Seriously ? Why would you care ?

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You mean aside from the fact that they're doing it on peoples' front lawns?

:p

4. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Snowman-making rules?!? For once, I'm glad it doesn't snow here.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You mean they should be arrested for trespassing?

:p

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Joy ! A friend of mine told me of some new apartment being build in the eastern part of the city with really low rent (+- 300 $ / month for a 3 room apartment), it's subsidized by the local authority and it's technically a cooperative of some kind. Meaning you have to give some hour for community work or something. It's pretty awesome if you ask me. I can actually pay that and still attend University. Plus those building are brand new.

I think at 22 years old it's high time I got my own place instead of living under my parent's roof. I'll definitely apply, wish me luck !

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Snowmen = Coke dealers.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hah, a friend of mine who's into hip hop explained to me a couple weeks back why some rappers tended to have snowboard goggles around their necks. Against snow, of course.

On an entirely unrelated note, a colleague of mine always has this chip on his shoulder that, when somebody else has something better, it at least must have been too expensive (always), contain unproven technology (think SSD), is not really better (I don't need it), or that while that what I have is better that there is something still better than what I have etc pp. Today he told me that the Intel Core i7 sixteen core CPU is better than my Intel 9450 quad core (Doh!). 'Oh, definitely!' I said emphatically, and he looked pleased.

Nice guy, generally, but in this regard he just can't help himself.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Speaking of snowmen.

[​IMG]

:grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Apparently when your audiologist says 'So, how are you getting along with your hearing aids?' replying with
    'Fine but I still can't hear very well' is not a productive answer

Triactus likes this.
  12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You should have said "what do you mean my earrings have aids?" instead.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was playing NWN2 last night. Saved my game to load up another run through, currently playing two characters at once. Before loading game 2, got up to use the bathroom. Cameback to my PC and found my 3 yr old hitting my mouse and keyboard repeatedly. She loves to mimic what her parents do. She deleted all 3 of 5 saved games. Ugh. I have limited playing time and had a level 13 character that I was really enjoying. Gone. Pooey...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Watch it Splunge, you're actually getting funny. :shake:

Blades, one of my previous workplaces had all the rookies who left even for a minute without locking their workstation buying the whole office coffee. I guess a rampaging kid on the keyboard would be even more effective. :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Watch it Tal, you're actually getting funny...

16. Blades of Vanatar

Do you think we could market them?:D

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Blades, have you tried to restore the deleted save files? They should still be there unless your 3 year old knows how to empty the Recycle Bin.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Even if your child knew how to empty the recycle bin, files aren't truly gone. I'd heard good thing about this software -- It can restore deleted files from most commonly used file system under the various versions of windows.

Btw, when are they going to update NTFS ? It's been around for some time now.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. Splunge

Media:
    Yes, I suppose I deserved that after a couple of recent ill-advised posts... :heh:

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    So, while I've been off the boards (sewing like crazy, mostly) my grandmother had a stroke (this past Friday) This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, since the social worker now wants to interview my mother. it's sad things had to come to this, but I've got some family members that stubbornly refuse to admit Grandma needs 24/7 professional care now.

ION, a post a while back got me to thinking about a DOS game I played at a friend's house as a kid. It was a basic text based fantasy adventure game, but it did have a grid with text. I think the text was made up of all U's until you explored, then each U would change to a different letter indicating what it was, like K for kitchen, D for door, H for hallway, B for Bedroom etc.
    Kind of like this (first column unexplored, second column explored):
    UUUUU UUUUU
    UUUUU UUUUU
    UUUUU BHHUU
    UUUUU UUDUU

Does this ring a bell for anyone here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.